Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Forum Hospital

Commercial Operator

Re: Big Forum Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Freya
    **Also checks self in!**
    OUCH!! Poor you. Would it be cheeky of me to suggest that you should see a physio?
    Get floppy again soon please!

Is it something in the air? Coincidentally my neck muscles seized up on Monday, I can move my head now, but I'm still a liability when reversing the car.
    It's not been bad enough to check in here though.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi
    Hope you do have a swift recovery KT, though you don't want to rush it! (Manly )
    I shall try and take my time. It just means no Red Hot and Blue or Stirling Tea Dance or regular evenings (I couldn't make it to the Edinburgh party anyway but what the hell... ).

Quote Originally Posted by Freya
    Well at the moment not sure if I'll be making it down! certainly won't be dancing!
    Aww!

(Killingtime: think that one (manly) hug's enough for you. )
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Ok, I have finally managed to clear the ward of all patients and now we have 2 new patients:

BED 1: Mr Killingtime - Admitted this morning with a damaged tendon in his foot (L or R?). *gently pressed patients ankle*. Extreme tenderness and swelling to joint and restricted movement has occurred. Patient is recommended to wear a support dressing and elevate the foot for the present time. Will continue to monitor patient.

BED 2: Ms Freya - Also admitted this morning suffering muscle spasms in neck and base of skull. Patient has been asked to rest and relax the muscles as much as poosible and Physiotherapy department have been informed and are due to come and assess patient. Will continue to monitor.

Get Well Soon Guys!!

"Nurse... Give me 10cc of TLC Stat!"
    Last edited by Beowulf; 20th-July-2006 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by killingtime
    I shall try and take my time. It just means no or Stirling Tea Dance

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy
    BED 1: Mr Killingtime - Admitted this morning with a damaged tendon in his foot (L or R?). *gently pressed patients ankle*. Extreme tenderness and swelling to joint and restricted movement has occurred.
    Left foot. There is no external swelling, tenderness or resticted movement it just hurts often when moving it but sometimes even when not.

Thanks for the flowers !

*Wakes up all groggy!*

Woah! those muscle relaxants the Dr gave me really work to floor you!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepman
    OUCH!! Poor you. Would it be cheeky of me to suggest that you should see a physio?
    Errrrm Yes Greg it would be!!! Funnily enough went into this placement this morning and strangely found myself surrounded by them!

Why do I dance when it does this to me??????

Ducasi thanx for the hugs I need them!

*Sneaks back into her hospital bed after escaping to Stirling for the weekend*

Oooooh I'm paying for dancing sat night and at the sunday tea dance!!!!!

TiggsTours

Is there a spare bed for me and my broken and dislocated toe?

So, what do people do when they can't dance?

Catch up with non-dancing friends?

Take up knitting?

Asif told me on Saturday about your kicking incident! Hope you recover soon

TiggsTours

Quote Originally Posted by LMC
    Catch up with non-dancing friends?

Take up knitting?

Asif told me on Saturday about your kicking incident! Hope you recover soon
    All my non-dancing friends live 60 odd miles away, looks like I'd better take up knitting!

Thank you.

Aww, poor Tigg, Bed 3 is freshly made and ready for you .

Ok, Asif hasn't told me the story (he obviously doesn't like me ) so what happened??

Quote Originally Posted by TiggsTours
    go to the beach?

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by TiggsTours
    Erm, spend lots of time on here...?

Just concentrate on knitting the bones! Is that a Beach Boogie injury? Hope you make a fast recovery.

Greg

TiggsTours

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy
    Aww, poor Tigg, Bed 3 is freshly made and ready for you .

Ok, Asif hasn't told me the story (he obviously doesn't like me ) so what happened??
    Well, it was like this:

It was Tuesday afternoon, a beautiful hot sunny day, and the day of the "Its a Knockout" at Beach Boogie. Our team (The Barefoot Braves) had had a bad couple of games, we were struggling, and needed to pull something out the bag! The next game sounded like our thing, 5 of us needed to get into a giant "Benny Hill Ring", which is basically a huge inflatable rubber tube, then we had to collect water in 2 buckets, run to the other end (going over a seesaw on the way) and deposit the water in a bucket at the other end. The team with the most water collected would win, easy as that. We started running, and I was at the back, my poor little tootsies getting kicked with every step.

After a while, there was a big kick, and I screamed in pain! All our team stopped, asking if I was OK, did I want to stop? I looked down and all looked OK, it throbbed a bit, but we were doing well and the game was nearly over, so like the true trooper I am I said, "Carry on". We started running again, we got to our bucket and the other team caught up with us. They decided to sabotage us by knocking us over, and I kicked into the back of someone's foot again on the way down, this time it really hurt! As everyone was climbing out of the ring, I looked down and thought to myself "Now, what exaclty is my toe doing over there? That doesn't look right? Its supposed to be between my big toe and middle toe, and pointing the same way, not lying over the middle and 4th toe and pointing at the little one!" All those thoughts happened very quickly, followed very rapidly by "Jeez, that really hurts! Ow, ow, ow! Please, somebody put it back where it's supposed to be!"

I very bravely grabbed hold of the end of it, and yanked it back into its rightful place, and the throbbing pain began. I plunged it into cold water, Lyndsey strapped it up for me, I was carried to a bench and given alcohol and drugs, and watched the rest of the game. At the end, I even joined in with the "Last team to get all its members into the pool" (idiot), then went for dinner. Finally, somebody convinced me that I really should get it looked at, so I spent Tuesday night at the hospital, with every nurse asking me how it had happened (I really do believe they were all going back and saying to each other "Go and ask cubicle 7 how she hurt her toe") and finally the X-Ray revealed that, not only had a I done a very smooth and hasty job of putting my toe back in place, and so avoided any muscular damage, but also that a large splinter of bone had detached itself from the side of my toe.

Now feeling very sorry for myself.

Hello? Is there anybody there?

I've been in the isolation ward since Sunday, with what looked like a sore throat, but developed into something like Glandular Fever . Haven't been able to eat solids since Sunday, only started drinking properly again yesterday. Mind you I have been choking so badly that I've put my back out Voice is gradually returning, but I sound like a dalek.

Certainly won't be out to play for the next couple of weeks, may be better in time for the Big Bang. At least I can watch the new Southport dvd (no Anton & Erin though - So I guess I know how Tessalicious feels )

Don't think visiting is a good idea, but if anybody wanted to drop off some nice, wholesome chicken soup...

TiggsTours

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythm King
    Hello? Is there anybody there?

I've been in the isolation ward since Sunday, with what looked like a sore throat, but developed into something like Glandular Fever . Haven't been able to eat solids since Sunday, only started drinking properly again yesterday. Mind you I have been choking so badly that I've put my back out Voice is gradually returning, but I sound like a dalek.

Certainly won't be out to play for the next couple of weeks, may be better in time for the Big Bang. At least I can watch the new Southport dvd (no Anton & Erin though - So I guess I know how Tessalicious feels )

Don't think visiting is a good idea, but if anybody wanted to drop off some nice, wholesome chicken soup...
    You poor thing you, is that the dreaded BB lurgy? Everyone was dropping like flies with it last year.

Here's some nice hot steaming chicken broth for you, without any lumps, and I'll run you a nice hot bath too.

Thanks Tiggs, here's some ice for your toe!

Good Afternoon, medical ward round of new patients:

Bed 3: Ms Tiggs: Admitted on monday with a dislocated and broken second toe on her foot. The toe has been put back into place by the patient and has now had the toe straped up and given painkillers to ease the pain. Patient has been told to stay off the foot and apply ice when needed. Will continue to monitor.

Bed 4: Mr King: A frequent visitor to our ward who has been admitted into our isolation bed since his return from Beach Boogie. He has been admitted with symptoms of a sore throat and dysphagia (difficulty swallowing) but we are awaiting clincal diagnosis. Patient has not been able to swallow any food and drink but has slowly made progress and is now taking small sips of fluid regularly. Will await results and continue to monitor.

Thread Information