Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Forum Hospital

Big Forum Hospital

Inspired by the recent threads, I thought that I would facilitate a ward round of the current casualties to bring all the staff up-to-date on their progress:

Bed 1: Ms Lory - came in with extreme pain in the calf after dancing. Disgnosis does not seem to be recorded. Was given painkillers and a cold compress and was told to rest as much as possible. The patient seems to be on the mend now and should hopefully be able to be discharged in time for Southport.

Bed 2: Ms Senorita - Also admitted with a leg problem. Investigations are still underway so it is hard to tell anything at present. Will continue to monitor.

Bed 3: Mr Fox - Patient was admitted last week with extreme pain in the lower abdomen. Investigations were carried out and Appendicitis was diagnosed. An appendectomy was carried out immendiately and recovery appears to be going well. Patient appears to be quite frustrated with the news that he is in no fit state to be discharged for Southport but the gift of mens magazines appeared to sedate him for a while. With the progress that he is doing at the moment, we are hoping to discharge him for the Easy, Spicy, Foxy, Saxby tour coming soon.

Bed 4: Miss D - Admitted with an infection to the nasal cavities. Diagnosed with the flu and given appropriate codeine-based medicine and told to drink plenty of fluids and wrap up warm. Appears to be relaxed at present but was acting quite inappropriately when she found out who the patient in bed 3 was.
    Will monitor over the next 24-48 hours to make accurate recovery rate known.

Bed 5: Ms Bird - Our newest patient was admitted late last night suffering from extreme abdominal pain. Has had multiple admissions over the past few months with the diagnosis of obstructed bile ducts caused by Gallstones. Currently on the waiting list for removal of the Gallbaldder but no communication has come back to us. Currently on lots of painkillers and taking a low fat diet to prevent further attacks. Will monitor over the next 24 hours and continue the IV painkillers.

Re: Big Forum Hospital

Bed 6: Ms JacksonDonut - Admitted with pain in the knee joint. Investigations were done and the diagnosis was not recorded but it was agreed that an operation on the knee would need to take place. Was on the register for the OR and has just come out of the operation and is currently in recovery. Will be placed under observation and physiotherapy will intervene as soon as the patient is ready. Will continue to monitor.

Bed 7: Mr King - Bit of a familiar face around here since his admittance months ago suffering a knee injury. Having undergone surgery on the knee, there were complications that prevented further recovery but now it appears to be on the mend again. He has been having regular physiotherapy sessions which has been strengthening the knee but with quite a lot of pain. The Physiotherapists has advised to keep going though so we are advising slow progression of dancing with the hopes of disharging the patient in time for Southport. Will continue to monitor the patient.

*Pops in to visit all patients - Arms are laden with a variety of mags, Grapes, lucozade and Flowers for all!*

How is everyone?

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy
    Bed 1: Ms Lory - came in with extreme pain in the calf after dancing. Disgnosis does not seem to be recorded.
    Disgnosis = Torn calf muscle

Probable cause = Hip misalignment

Initial diagnosis was carried out by our very own PuddyTat with correct advise given R.I.C.E (rest, ice compression and elevation).
    Spikey blond provided ice.
    TLC and transportation provided by Kev F.
    Moral support.. the Forumites

Follow up... visit to GP first thing monday morning and referred to physiotherapist.
    2 Physio sessions so far, which have revealed 'misalignment of the hips' (again)
    Advice given.. Anti-inflammatory painkillers, gentle manipulation of the calf and a course of treatment for the hips.
    Gradually add gentle stretches
    Moving onto muscle strengthening exercises e.g. calf raises
    Finally moving on to more vigorous exercise! (in the form of Southport, of course! )
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Freya
    *Pops in to visit all patients - Arms are laden with a variety of mags, Grapes, lucozade and Flowers for all!*

How is everyone?
    Hi Freya..

I needed a bit of company, can get lonely here.... yum... favorite magazine.. fizzy pop and great company..

Would you like a peek at my lovely leg??? purple/green/blue all the way down and looking like a very large sausage...

time for my afternoon exercises and a nap... hard work being poorly..

great to see you though...

Bed 8 - Empty (A Certain Lady keeps getting out of it to go dancing despite being "in recovery" )

Bed 9 - Also Empty (The Wacko who also keeps getting out of bed to dance with A Certain Lady despite his persistent leg injury - see below his avatar for doctor's notes)

Bed 10 - Empty as well - (Ghost has pretty much recovered from shoulder injury and is going to join everyone else dancing)

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy

Bed 4: Miss D - Admitted with an infection to the nasal cavities. Diagnosed with the flu and given appropriate codeine-based medicine and told to drink plenty of fluids and wrap up warm. Appears to be relaxed at present but was acting quite inappropriately when she found out who the patient in bed 3 was.
    Will monitor over the next 24-48 hours to make accurate recovery rate known.

Errrrr ummmmmmmmmm!!!!

I have an adult form of chicken pox called "shingles"!
    Only have blisters on my hand but many spots in other places. Doctor will not prescribe me anything as its a mild form. Its a bit painful and burns but i can deal with it. I have to keep away from old people and babies. So guess thats no dancing and no work for me!

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Missy D
    Errrrr ummmmmmmmmm!!!!

Only have blisters on my hand but many spots in other places. Doctor will not prescribe me anything as its a mild form. Its a bit painful and burns but i can deal with it. I have to keep away from old people and babies. So guess thats no dancing and no work for me!
    You need to take Zorvirax, it won't cure it but it'll lesson the symptoms SEE HERE
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Is "Big Forum Hospital" anything like "Big Brother"? Do they do nominations and do we get to vote?

I vote for you all to be back fit, and dancing soon.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Apologies Missy D for your misdiagnosis (ok, doctors can make mistakes too!! ).

EDIT: Bed 4: Miss D - has had a confirmed diagnosis of shingles and her bed has now been moved to the isolation room to prevent shingles being spread around. Good news is that it is a special isolation room that allows people to visit you. Now that diagnosis has become known, treatment is to monitor the patient and to prescibe callomile lotion and Zovirax where necessary. Will continue to review until we have a fair idea of recovery.
    Last edited by Dizzy; 24th-May-2006 at 03:35 PM.

{Cheeks pops in with lots of to wish all patients a very speedy recovery !and bearing gifts for all }

Get well soon

Love

Pauline

{Cheeks leaves lots of hagan daas ice cream, hot chocolate, marshmallows, chocolate grapes( had to leave something healthy) and not forgetting the flowers and mags }

Quote Originally Posted by Missy D
    Only have blisters on my hand but many spots in other places.
    The Fox slowly hobbles over to Bed 4 with a felt marker in his hand hoping for a game of 'Join the Dots'.

Quote Originally Posted by MissyD
    I have to keep away from old people and babies.
    A doctor's note to show to Nearly Dead Man (aka The Corpse) next time he stalks you for a dance. Major result!

Bed 11:

Is missing, due to cutbacks.

So now I have to take my broken career, broken car, and now suspected broken big toe into the corridor

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

I was already in Bed 1. Lory is snuggly though so Im not complaining

awwww

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox
    The Fox slowly hobbles over to Bed 4 with a felt marker in his hand hoping for a game of 'Join the Dots'.

:
    Oh Foxy one i shall be dreaming of this all night!

Wishing you all a very speedy recovery and hopefully I can meet you all next week in Southport.

(baby peaches leaves behind Dirty Dancing DVD and Shall We Dance DVD to prevent you all getting bored. And I have just finished making a double chocolate mousse which my kids say i can give to you all. Enjoy)!

lots of love

Shaz.xx

New nurse employed to help Silver Fox - promises to wash hands first
    Attached Images Attached Images

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

up the motorway, turn left, turn left, through the bends.......

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M
    New nurse employed to help Silver Fox - promises to wash hands first

Bed bath eh?????

up the motorway, turn left, turn left, through the bends.......

Time for Drs round. Now now ladies calm down think of your blood pressure

Witty get back into bed, Missy D put him down, Lory stop drooling rofl:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information