Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Big Forum Hospital

Re: Big Forum Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel View Post
    ........ i am detoxing, i got iller! (i know its not a word but i am ill and that gives the right to make up my own words)
    I know what you mean. Stick to your right to invent intelligible language (but no cryptic txt).

Get well soon.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on what to do with bruises, and how to reduce them appearing. I have just bought arnica tablets, arnica cream and rutin, which are the herbal routes. I have had everything checked out by GP and have been told that I am just prone to bruise easily. Have others had this problem and how have you dealt with it?

Thank you
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Some people are more prone to bruising, unfortunately. Personally I use a tincture of witch hazel applied with cottonwool, in preference to arnica.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rubyred View Post
    been told that I am just prone to bruise easily.
    I hardly ever bruise, even if I really hurt myself and so I don't get any sympathy!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    I hardly ever bruise, even if I really hurt myself and so I don't get any sympathy!
    Where as I mark really easy so I never get any sympathy because I pretty much have a new bruise every other day! And I mean easily, on a recent trip around the highlands of Scotland I ended up with a big red mark on my shoulder blade from my bra strap where I had been leaning on it all day. It's taken about 3 days to fade!

I went to the doctors as I was concerned about how easily I marked, but was told there was no need to worry and the problem may be caused because I am of mixed race! I have tried a number of different things to reduce the marks/bruises but nothing seems to work. Oh well!

Quote Originally Posted by Georgious dancer View Post

I went to the doctors as I was concerned about how easily I marked, but was told there was no need to worry and the problem may be caused because I am of mixed race! I have tried a number of different things to reduce the marks/bruises but nothing seems to work. Oh well!
    Hi Gerogious dancer, did the doctor explain why being mixed race would make you more prone to mark easier?

I have tried the arnica tablets and the arnica cream, and I can say that I have notice that the bruises have faded quicker than before when I used nothing. I am also taking rutin which helps to strengthen the capilliaries, and aids the absorption of vit c, apparently this is also beneficial if you bruise easily. Also applying lots of concealer

Hi Gerogious dancer, did the doctor explain why being mixed race would make you more prone to mark easier?

I have tried the arnica tablets and the arnica cream, and I can say that I have notice that the bruises have faded quicker than before when I used nothing. I am also taking rutin which helps to strengthen the capilliaries, and aids the absorption of vit c, apparently this is also beneficial if you bruise easily. Also applying lots of concealer
    No he didn't mention why! Perhaps I will try the arnica tablets as they seem to be working for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Georgious dancer View Post
    No he didn't mention why! Perhaps I will try the arnica tablets as they seem to be working for you!

Good luck but also I would recommend arnica cream as well.

Advice needed please, it seems I have torn or bruised my tendons in the back of my left leg, the pain is in the calf muscle and I wondered if anyone out there has any advice on what I should do. I was not advised by the nurse who examined me,to rest it but to wear shoes that would 'rest' my foot, so no flats and no extreme high heels either. I find that when I first wake up and try to put weight on my leg it is really stiff and very sore. As I walk on it and stretch it out it does get a little better. I danced over the last weekend and intend to do the same this weekend, it did help for a while but then the problem returns, don't know if I am doing the right thing and any tips would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

Advice needed please, it seems I have torn or bruised my tendons in the back of my left leg, the pain is in the calf muscle and I wondered if anyone out there has any advice on what I should do. I was not advised by the nurse who examined me,to rest it but to wear shoes that would 'rest' my foot, so no flats and no extreme high heels either. I find that when I first wake up and try to put weight on my leg it is really stiff and very sore. As I walk on it and stretch it out it does get a little better. I danced over the last weekend and intend to do the same this weekend, it did help for a while but then the problem returns, don't know if I am doing the right thing and any tips would be really appreciated.

Thank you.
    There is that calf stretch excercise where you lean facing a wall with both hands on the wall. Have one leg straight benind you and the other forward and bent. Push on the bent leg and you should feel a stretch in the straight leg - the feet should be flat on the floor. Hold for a while and feel the muscle stretch.

Don't forget to do the good leg, you have 2 legs, so my physio kept saying.

Well neurofen and stretching seems to have helped this morning, will keep stretching although pain is still there but bearable.

I had a tooth taken out the other day (my first one )

Instead of taking the usual 10 mins it took over an hour, just to get one tooth out

He said it was a tooth in a 1000 and explain how he had to take some bone out as well. cross fuses or somthing

Me off to google

ps he charged us £15 extra

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    I had a tooth taken out the other day (my first one )

You spilt the charge between you then? How much did the tooth pay?

Thank you.
    Hi Ruby - as you know just over a year ago i ruptured my calf muscle (gastroneimus) - it tore horizontially and was agony.

Advice given to me was ice it for 5 mins then leave it for 10 mins then re ice - do for about half an hour 3 times a day if possible. Once it was getting a tad better my exercises were to stand with your toes on a step and drop both heels as far as possible without pain-you can do this as many times as you can throughout the day to keep the muscle from getting tight-definately strenghtens the muscles tho

I still do that exercise now to - Hope this helps you Ruby and that you are on the road to a speedy recovery

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    You spilt the charge between you then? How much did the tooth pay?
    When one of your personalities is Smeagol you talk about "us" and "we" when it's just "you". I think the talk went something like this;

"And Smeagol's nice mouth with teethsies like pretty stones, that one had holeses in it that burnt our mouthses, and the nasty Hobbiteses froze our mouthsies and stole the pretty tooth likes stoneses. But we found it, didn't we, precious? We kept it with other teethsies we found on our sweet little island under the nice mountains, kept it by our bed made of bitses of soft shirt and bitses of soft breeches. Yes, until nothing was left. So many ageses poor Smeagol slept on hard biting stones and teethsies ..."

[quote=Astro;512226]There is that calf stretch excercise where you lean facing a wall with both hands on the wall. Have one leg straight benind you and the other forward and bent. Push on the bent leg and you should feel a stretch in the straight leg - the feet should be flat on the floor. Hold for a while and feel the muscle stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by DD+ View Post
    Hi Ruby - as you know just over a year ago i ruptured my calf muscle (gastroneimus) - it tore horizontially and was agony.

Advice given to me was ice it for 5 mins then leave it for 10 mins then re ice - do for about half an hour 3 times a day if possible. Once it was getting a tad better my exercises were to stand with your toes on a step and drop both heels as far as possible without pain-you can do this as many times as you can throughout the day to keep the muscle from getting tight-definately strenghtens the muscles tho

I still do that exercise now to - Hope this helps you Ruby and that you are on the road to a speedy recovery

Thanks Guys I did the exercises which I have to say have helped, today is the first day to get up without limping. I have been MJing this weekend so I think this may have helped also to stretch the muscle out. I don't know about anyone else but I find sometimes when I have problems with aches and pains, dancing helps to make it better.

Your advice was much appreciated and I look forward to seeing you both soon.XXX

Quote Originally Posted by DD+ View Post

Advice given to me was ice it for 5 mins then leave it for 10 mins then re ice - do for about half an hour 3 times a day if possible.
    My physio said that wrapping the ice pack in clingfilm is better than wrapping it in a towel.

Once it was getting a tad better my exercises were to stand with your toes on a step and drop both heels as far as possible without pain-you can do this as many times as you can throughout the day to keep the muscle from getting tight-definately strenghtens the muscles tho
    You would hold onto something though DD+?[quote]

Thanks Guys I did the exercises which I have to say have helped, today is the first day to get up without limping. I have been MJing this weekend so I think this may have helped also to stretch the muscle out. I don't know about anyone else but I find sometimes when I have problems with aches and pains, dancing helps to make it better.

Your advice was much appreciated and I look forward to seeing you both soon.XXX
    Glad you're improving Rubyred.

It turned out that my physio is a Swing dancer!
    I asked him because he seemed to know such a lot about dancing.
    He said, and so did my GP, that dancing is excellent for the body.

Thread Information