Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Forumites - Impact at first sight?

Re: Forumites - Impact at first sight?

Quote Originally Posted by under par
    Miss Conduct and Zebra Woman

both willing to be repeat partners for me at the first Southport when I transformed from a leader who danced worrying what move to do next into a leader who started (trying to begin )dancing to the music.

And succeeded admirably! The pleasure was, and still is, all mine.

Roll on June 2nd - we can do it all again.

[QUOTE=Ceroc Jock]

Miss Conduct: an amazing dance @ Twyford opened my mind up to possibilities.

Yes, my memory of that dance concurs with yours. So memorable that my good friend ZW included the track we danced to on a CD she compiled for my birthday...

Pity we haven't had the opportunity to repeat the experiece yet - but I can wait. Any chance we'll see you at Southport...?

[QUOTE=Lory]
    :

MissConduct - i thought, how lovely and elegant she is on the dance floor , then she surprised me with a disgustingly dirty laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Ceroc Jock

MissyD: dodo gizzard will never be the same again.

:
    Ah such fond memories

I shall be laughing about this all day at work!! You certainly know a good restuarant when you see one

Oh and not forgetting that awful dish that was like cat poo (or maybe it really was)

Registered User Tazmanian Devil's Avatar

Oooh Tough Thread to write I think I may be here all night

Dan Hudson I could have sworn I knew him from somewhere!! First time I see him he was demoing at Welling with the gorgeous Kristen I had only been dancing 7-8 weeks and they taught a fab class. Dan was very approchable and asked me to dance

Thewacko Nuts absolutely NUTS. Had me in fits of laughter at Bromley, thought he was a bit weird at first but soon learned he's just NUTS (he's now my landlord)

A Certain Lady Smoking outside Charlton venue absolutely lovely lovely lady heart of gold.

Russell Saxby on stage. NICE style

Emma Charlton again, really nice and approchable (got me on the forum)

Claire always smiling

Bagpuss One of the nicest helpful Taxi's at Charlton

Barnpot Watched him dance in

KGD WOW was scared to ask him for a dance for 3 years (too good for me)

Mikeyr First dance was HOT

wongd Amazing another I couldn't bring myself to ask to dance

angelique Camber Hip hop class what a laugh

Chefat first thought he was cliquey (sorry hun this was at bromley 3-4years ago)

Chicky Lovely mover

ChrisA, BillCo, Sheepman, Mary, and Bex Uxbridge Christmas Party 2003 You all made me feel so welcome and Mary even helped me get a B&B on the doorstep of the venue

LilyB and DavidB Championships WOW WOW and WOW again

Lounge Lizard Camber 2003 (I think) Brought him a beer while he was teaching (he needed it)

LoryCamber. I watched in Sooo Smooth

IainLCamber Mikeys class Very cheeky

Robert Winter Thought Dan had dyed his hair

Dirty D Very enthusiastic beginner

WittyBird Camber Smoking outside

Asif All I can say to first impressions on him is

Missy DCamber dancing with Ray Wow that girl can move

Zebra Woman Lovely mover, took a while for me to ask her to dance

Dee Very quiet (how wrong was I)

Cruella Very nice and easy to talk to

Fletch Lovely Lady Had been waiting ages to meet her anyway

Andreas

Barry Shnikov 3 dances on the trott but

SilverFox Missy D done the honours (still unsure who dances sexier though him or DirtyD)

Tessalicious Sabbotage dance at Greenwich Fantastic

wicked blueHarrow opening night Double booked

under parGreenwich Christmas party night

Spice 'n' EasyAshtons, Smooth dancer, quite cheeky

ESG Greenwich party night made me laugh

David James Eye River Dance lovely dance.

RaphaelCamber, Friendly, Cheeky, funny My kinda mate hit it off straight away

Paul F

thewurlitzerrocksWarmwell lovely lovely dancer

Georgious dancer Hated her, No really I did!! Now look at us

wayaay birdVery quiet, that soon changed

Dave Hancock and at the same time on the dance floor.

There are so many more but my brain hurts from all this reminiscing

I have sooooo many fond memories of meeting so many forumites
    Last edited by Tazmanian Devil; 19th-May-2006 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmanian Devil
    ......There are so many more but my brain hurts from all this reminiscing.........
    well I certainly made a good impression

Most of the forumites I knew before the forum so they don't really count, however here are a couple who I would NEVER have met had it not been for the forum (might have to make this part one as there are quite a few)

starting from the top :-

Franck - da boss - what a dynamic wonderful lovely friendly and generous guy, hope I have made a friend forever

Sheena da Queen of the pack - a bundly of love, hugs, and a really genuine person - you can't help but to love her, hopefully another friend forever

Mr. Fitz He introduced himself to me, and I wondered who he was at first - but was so impressed with the wonderful dance from the cool goodlooking guy, I ran over to a fellow forumite to find out who he was

CJ From the forum I expected the arrogant s@d - but when we eventially met, I was very very pleased to meet this really cool person so much fun to dance with and gives amazing hugs

Dance Demon Wow !! what can I say, he played music from my heaven and danced exactly on my wave length - what a man - my soulmate - if only he wasn't married (and to a great gal too) and I was about 15 years younger (at least)

KillingtimeThat was a surprise too, was very confused by some of his post (like wear my clothes etc ) but was pleasantly surprised to meet this young goodlooking, really nice and very friendly chap who is always smiling

DucasiThe picture in my head was about right, although he is older than he looks - a little shy, but a much much better dancer than I expected and a lovely chap

GadgetAnother surprise - what a great guy, so different (but in a nice way) and sooooooooo much fun to dance with

ClaireSHad a photo of what she looked like before we met - but was really surprised how differently she looked in real life, she is a really really pretty girl with a beautiful nature and a lovely personality.

----------- got to go out, part 2 coming shortly -----------------

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Part two ....... or should it be

I am wondering if I should continue this..... I think I possibly have the possibly miss the point as reading my post, it is more like first impressions rather than impact at first sight and anyway it is getting very luvvy

Before I sign off..... to the author of this thread, who I met long before I even joined the forum....

We were introduced by my old workmate, who was at the time Gojive's new workmate, thought nice friendly chap, especially for teckie
    needs a lot of lessons and dance practice ........... however, over the years have got to know him better and can confirm his is a lovely dancer and a damn nice chap

--ooOoo--

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.

Registered User El Salsero Gringo's Avatar

Could someone please index this thread - preferably alphabetically? I'm getting tired wading through all these long posts just to see if I'm mentioned

many thanks

ESG - Can't wait to meet him

The first forumite to make an impact would have been DavidH (Scooby) - before I even knew of this forum or much of ceroc; while everyone was finding a spot to dance in, doing a semi-circle and stepping back, he had been dancing from when he took the ladies hand.

BTC Bill and the 'spark' he could (can) generate with partners on the floor was probably the next forumite to make an impact on me.

(Needless to say that Lorna and Curtain have also had a large influence on me, although in a styling and learning rather than a "dance with" way. Franck and Lisa also fall into this group, as do DavidB and Adam)

Although not a forumite directly, Marc made a huge impact on my dancing - he was doing stuff I had never seen before, With style.

James (Jivebrummy) made more of a fashion impact when I first met him.

Although I can remember meeting lots of other male forumites, I can't recall any that made such a memorable impact on first meeting.

As to the female forumites.... Initial impact of Lisa (before she was a teacher) {Lovely style}, Rachel {Similar style, but more balletic}, Alex {sexy dancer}. ClaireS {hard to concentrate with those georgeous eyes watching you}, Drathzel {Energetic, fun and confident}, Cheeks {nice blues - just clicked},...
    Anyone I meet at weekenders I am sorry to say are lost in a whurlwind of moments that are jumbled into one fantastic weekend of dancing. We may have met and had a dance where the world stopped and the music carried us through to the other side, but i'm sorry to say that in my head the dance gets attributed to the weekend rather than the person If that was/is you, then more please .

Other forumites I dance with regularly, so the initial impact is sort of blurred, and I can't say for sure if they made an impact then, but special mention should go to Piglet, Freya and Vonney because they always seem to make an impact whenever I dance with them {I know I've missed a few(hundred) folk, but please don't lynch me }

Registered User Tazmanian Devil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Salsero Gringo
    Could someone please index this thread - preferably alphabetically? I'm getting tired wading through all these long posts just to see if I'm mentioned

many thanks
    Sorry hun I tried to do mine in porder of me meeting people, I still have some to do but my brain was hurting. I do believe you made it onto List 1 though

Ok I met a lot of Forumumites before I joined the forum and have still yet to meet alot of you further south! But hey some people still made an Impact so here Goes:

Piglet Trying to figure out who each other was when I first joined! then realising you were the wonderful woman dancer who I actually would manage the Intermediate routine with when I first started!
    Gadget Oh My God! I was soooooo Scared when you first asked me to Dance! I was so awful! But I enjoyed every minute of it and all those Since!
    AussieTim At My very First BB he asked me to dance when I was petrified! I hadn't danced and had been taken along by a friend! He was Completely Hyper! Now...One of my Best Friends in the Ceroc World
    CJ Such a lovely Guy! I first met him at one of the Aberdeen Monthlies which he DJ'd at! He was going round asking those who weren't dancing very much to Dance! And The Kilt...Need I say More!
    ClaireS At the Same Party as CJ. Such a lovely dancer with such Grace! Helped Clear her and CJ to clear up after and was just lovely to talk to!
    BTC Bill What more can I say! Looking forward to a massage on day!
    Franck, Janey, Sheena & Jammy The After party in Franck's Hotel Room! My First Proper BB! It convinced me to join the Forum!
    TheTramp Lost for Words!
    McJester Tried to make Me laugh While I had My Jaw Wired Shut!!!! Then Tried His VooDoo NLP stuff on Me! So Easy to Talk to and mess about on the Dance floor with! It was Friendship at firstsite!
    Ducasi See if you can Guess who I am?????? What a wonderful 1st dance we had!
    KillingTime Another one who knew who I was but I didn't know them! MEt at the BFG and had a couple of dances and couldn't for the life of me figure out who you were!
    DanceDemon Couldn't wait to hear one of your Sets after being introduced! I had heard such Great things! And The Sunday Night at the BFG was Fantastic! Pity you couldn't play me one more Song!
    Drathzell At the BFG at the end of the night! You were so nice pity it was such a short meeting! Your dancing was

Sorry if I missed anyone! But those aree the People that instantly Spring to mind At this time in the morning!

Freya xXx

shhh, don't tell anyone, but Caro should also be on the 'local' list; besides from being a very nice mover, she is the only one brave enough to attempt to lead me... ... although I'm not sure about the impact that has...

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget
    Cheeks {nice blues - just clicked},...

Men

Gadget
    Most definately! first time we danced was amazing and it just gets better and better (although don't seem to get as many these days! )

James(Jivebrummie)- Makes dancing seem so effortess and stylish, funky and fun and just a lovely person

Burge Wow! fun! fantastic energitic dancing although must admit do love the blues dances to One of the nicest people and a special friend

Franck- To watch he always appears to be flirtatious with the mischievious smile, to dance with well need I say more

Sherwin(Dundee not sure is formite though) Wow! the first person I danced with I was petrified as he was demo and he was just the nicest person, on my first night he lead me into spins and moves with ease....and to this day a fab dance is always had!

Brian Mr Fitz- fantastic lead, lovely to dance with fun to watch and one of the nicest guys just clicked .....even when I started breaking wine glasses and spilling red wine all over his lovely kitchen lol.....( by accident)

Alex so energetic and fun

Luca Azande the most gentle and sensual lead making for a fantastic dance

BTC Bill -Wow from the first dance to this day was one of the first people I danced with at my first BB and I changed his name to BTS.....

Ladies

Sheena our very own Tiggerbabe Always makes dancing look so much fun, and is just a lovely person who just makes you feel comfortable and is always aware of new faces making them welcome from the of set ( also fab after party party's

Lisa
    Wow what style! lovely to watch lovely style and fantastic wardrobe just generally one of the nicest people!

Aleks
    Lovely! Bubbly! Sexy !

Peaches, Petal, Tinkerbell The first ladies to really start chatting to me also peaches and petal first ladies to lead me Fantastic people fab fun and special friends

MelBMad as a hatter fantastic dancer funky, energetic and so much more Special Friend!

vonney- always there with a smile, lovely person and lovely dancer and fantastic host

Drathzel- So energetic and so much fun had many a late night giggle we done our first BB via forum without meeting, rooms and all and just clicked!

I could just keep going but so many people to mention I could be here all day I will just have to keep adding them at intervals ......

The Tramp

From the first time I watched him dance I thought Wow! He was the first person to put me into dips and drops, he always makes sure I get to parties and events and even makes sure I leave my card in the car as I have a tendancy to spend to much on our late night shopping trips! Fantastic person and great friend!!!! Even makes a good cup of coffee!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M
    well I certainly made a good impression

ClaireSHad a photo of what she looked like before we met - but was really surprised how differently she looked in real life, she is a really really pretty girl with a beautiful nature and a lovely personality.

----------- got to go out, part 2 coming shortly -----------------
    Me to

and

Planet Wacko (a now motorised world of my own):)

Tazmanian Devil - 1st met her before I joined the Forum but first impression was wow who is that goddess in leather (know her better now and rather than goddess I know she is a devil)

Emma - once again met her pre-forum I actually met Em as she first started Ceroc at Charlton and thought wow this lady can dance bet she will be good at this (hey I was right for once)

Dan Hudson - once again pre-Forum, but 1st impression was hey hes a fun guy and his misses

Gorgious Dancer - nice quiet girl, keeps herself to herself well that soon changed

Wayayayayayabird - two things spring to mind

Mikeyr - one cool dude who can move

DirtyD - good laugh and a good dancer - I was shocked when I realised I had helped his mum to dance!!!!!!!!!

A Certain Lady - I am too biased to post, but she definately made an impression on me

Rosie Posie - lovelly dancer - love you lots xxxBrian

The above are all people I knew prior to knowing they were on the forum or pre-forum

Some people I met through the forum:
    wittybird - well that one word just about sums it up - but definately unforgettable

MissyDee - wow those dresses look fantastic

Fletch - what a beautiful lady but that brummy accent

Ghost - a very quiet and thoughtful guy (get yer hair cut) with a suprising sense of humour

Zebrawoman - OMG God is a woman I could worship her for definate

Cruella - what a luverly woman and an especially nice dancer

Raphael - now there is one cool dude - hey I am a man so why do I keep watching his wiggle

Underpar - my neck ached looking up at him but definately one of the few Gentlemen of the forum

Rythm King - wow what a great guy - how does he get all those beautiful women to gather round him like that

Andy McGregor - he was the original Wittybird - is there nothing this guy wont do

Minnie M - first met her at the 2nd Charlton venue with Andy Mcgregor - luverly luverly woman

LilyB - first saw her in the ariel thing at the champs - does she have wings I have since danced with her at Bow and what a loverly woman she is

Wow the 7 dwarf thing has just happened and I can not think of any more at the moment - this is the first thread where it actually hurts yer head to post on

Quote Originally Posted by thewacko
    Andy McGregor - he was the original Wittybird - is there nothing this guy wont do
    smoke which is what Witty Bird does

Although Andy says he often smoulders

--ooOoo--

okay back to impact now that I can get on computer while kids are all scarce lol.....

Dance Demon- so smooth and such a lovely person also fab music every where I he dj's

Lory Wow fab person, fab dancer and was just such a bubbly person when I eventially met her

Obi Wow what can I say it was a simple as I need to dance with him then when I did I realised why every female he had danced with was smiling

Baldrick second time we met we were cerocing in JJ in Glasgow and not on a class night just a wonderful person

Elaine B I want to look that elegant, just a wonderful approachable person

Bangers and Mash so much fun

Johnthehappyguy First time I met John was at party night at Henry Wood Halls and he was changing his clothes in the car ......now that was an impact

Dreadful Scathe Had my first dance with him at BFG Perth while he was in character took me ages to figure out it was the gorgeous Nick....think it was half way through a dance

Baby Peaches Just one of the most enthusiastic people I had met lovely person lovely dancer and as mad as the rest of us ....

Shortstuff Initially thought what a fab smooth little dancer but she was so quiet ......quiet how wrong could I have been now would be wrong to do a weekender with out her

Pretzelmeister So much energy and just so much fun to dance with, but wow how can he sweat so much..... Paul your one in a million

Dancing Tattoo WowLovely lead ,funky, mad as a hatter to met him for first time in Blackpool some fantastic dances and memorable moments

Little Monkey Fantastic fun she always seemed to be enjoying herself just a lovely fun person

Jammy So energetic, lovely lead, fab fun and funky dances, lovely person just wanted to take him home

CJ lovely person just clicked great kilts fab dancer and great hugs also fab music on saying that if I remember correctly first thought BFG Perth what fab hair and hey we got matching cheeks.........

Amir Wow Smooth had only danced tango few months when went to Jango weekend @ the BB has some amazing dances

So many formites so much impact......
    Last edited by cheeks; 27th-May-2006 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeks
    okay back to impact now that I can get on computer while kids are all scarce lol.....

Bangers and Mash so much fun
    Right back at you babe. I looked for you for a dance at the edinburgh party but you weren't there

Still, I am hoping to make Route66 before I jet back to mainland Europe so hopefully I'll see you there

Hmm... other forumites that have made a great impact?

Cheeks (obviously) - great fun to dance with, and a babe
    Drathzel - mini Lisa on the dance floor, has a style/elegance and mischeif
    Franck - what can you say, the man!
    Tiggerbabe - only girl to make me blush on the dancefloor, and to still blush two years later
    Lisa - patience of a saint and grace of a god

There's plenty of friends I made, both on and off the forum. And they know who they are...

Thread Information