Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Forumites - Impact at first sight?

Re: Forumites - Impact at first sight?

Quote Originally Posted by thewacko
    does this mean you are getting your hair cut then
    Nope - how is Georgious Dancer supposed to ask me to dance if I she can't pull my pony tail?

Be Well,
    Christopher

A blonde lady at Southport who said after our first dance at the Forum dance on the friday : "you must be Silver Fox". Correct me if I am wrong LittleMc..

El Salsero Gringo. I was introduced to him at a dance in London by Minnie M (how do you do, pleased to meet you etc etc) and discovered afterwards that the night before he had launched an attack on me on the forum. He knew he had but I didnt and he didnt say a dickeybird about it..AND he got an award for it!

Lory at Greenwich. She was lovely and made me feel great.

I dont know if she is on the Forum but Cat (teaches with Amir) - blew me away at Hove Champs in freestyle

Registered User El Salsero Gringo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jockey
    El Salsero Gringo. I was introduced to him at a dance in London by Minnie M (how do you do, pleased to meet you etc etc) and discovered afterwards that the night before he had launched an attack on me on the forum. He knew he had but I didnt and he didnt say a dickeybird about it..AND he got an award for it!
    Which post do you have in mind?

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

A blonde lady at Southport who said after our first dance at the Forum dance on the friday : "you must be Silver Fox". Correct me if I am wrong LittleMc..
    I'll verify this as Emmas not around at present. She still gets you both mixed up. If i were you, i wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry!!

Lightbulb Re: Forumites - Impact at first sight?

This is interesting and kinda relevant to the thread in terms of asking how forum members relate to other forumites of the same sex? I rarely bother initiating an introduction with male forumites even if I am at the same event (and I have been at the same events as ESG for instance a few times and still not spoken to him) and they've been pointed out to me because my view is, beyond the pleasantries, what are we going to talk about?
    "Hi, I'm robd"
    "Hi, I'm ***"
    "Good night?"
    "Yes, you?"
    "Lots of women!"
    "Yes, better get back to dancing...."

This doesn't mean I don't know other male forumites or will try to actively avoid them, just that there's less incentive to get to know them than the women.

I suspect for the women it's different because the inevitable gender imbalance tends to mean they spend more time in each others company (and conversely means men are more likely to be occupied on the floor than available for chatting off it).
    Oh, and of course all women love gossiping

Quote Originally Posted by robd
    This is interesting and kinda relevant to the thread in terms of asking how forum members relate to other forumites of the same sex? I rarely bother initiating an introduction with male forumites even if I am at the same event (and I have been at the same events as ESG for instance a few times and still not spoken to him) and they've been pointed out to me because my view is, beyond the pleasantries, what are we going to talk about?
    "Hi, I'm robd"
    "Hi, I'm ***"
    "Good night?"
    "Yes, you?"
    "Lots of women!"
    "Yes, better get back to dancing...."

This doesn't mean I don't know other male forumites or will try to actively avoid them, just that there's less incentive to get to know them than the women.

I suspect for the women it's different because the inevitable gender imbalance tends to mean they spend more time in each others company (and conversely means men are more likely to be occupied on the floor than available for chatting off it).
    Oh, and of course all women love gossiping
    I know exactly what you mean. Also, even when I'm in the middle of a 'heated debate' with someone on the forum about something (usually trivial) I the topic never forms part of the conversation when I see them in the flesh. It's like Forum threads take place in a different universe, and it takes a huge effort of will mix Forum and 'real'.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I rarely bother initiating an introduction with male forumites even if I am at the same event ~snip~ beyond the pleasantries, what are we going to talk about?
    Quote Originally Posted by El Salsero Gringo
    I know exactly what you mean.
    Not ALL men are the same.. Franck, SF, kev, Clive Long, Spicey, Groovy Dancer, Asif, Rhythm King, and Raphael aren't, to name but a few!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

I dont know if she is on the Forum but Cat (teaches with Amir) - blew me away at Hove Champs in freestyle
    didn't think Cat was at the Hove Champs ???? Ceroc champs yes

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

I know exactly what you mean. Also, even when I'm in the middle of a 'heated debate' with someone on the forum about something (usually trivial) I the topic never forms part of the conversation when I see them in the flesh. It's like Forum threads take place in a different universe, and it takes a huge effort of will mix Forum and 'real'.
    Whereas for me it's just natural to continue the conversation between both worlds.

Food for thought - I once had a heated debate with a good friend over something that seemed important at the time. As I was walking home I realised it was trivial, I was an idiot and I should go back and make peace with my friend. But then I thought "He'll still be angry - I'll see him tomorrow anyway and he'll have calmed down. I can apologise and it'll all be fine." He died that night.

Be Well,
    Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    Whereas for me it's just natural to continue the conversation between both worlds.

Food for thought - I once had a heated debate with a good friend over something that seemed important at the time. As I was walking home I realised it was trivial, I was an idiot and I should go back and make peace with my friend. But then I thought "He'll still be angry - I'll see him tomorrow anyway and he'll have calmed down. I can apologise and it'll all be fine." He died that night.

Be Well,
    Christopher
    Probaby a bad idea to get involved in heated debate in the first place if you're going to say the kind of things for which you'll later feel a need to apologise.

Don't let the sun go down on a fight - sure. But while we're sharing the counsel of perfection, how about "don't get into fights to begin with"?

Probaby a bad idea to get involved in heated debate in the first place if you're going to say the kind of things for which you'll later feel a need to apologise.

Don't let the sun go down on a fight - sure. But while we're sharing the counsel of perfection, how about "don't get into fights to begin with"?
    Good advice - I try not to.

Be Well,
    Christopher

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I rarely bother initiating an introduction with male forumites even if I am at the same event ~snip~ because my view is, beyond the pleasantries, what are we going to talk about?
    I caught you chatting to another male forumite this weekend. What 'did' you end up talking about then?
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory
    I caught you chatting to another male forumite this weekend. What 'did' you end up talking about then?
    Was it Silver Fox

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M
    Was it Silver Fox
    Please don't tell me all the men are talking about SF too now?

Talking Re: Forumites - Impact at first sight?

Whether you'd be making him bacon and eggs for breakfast the next day.

Seriously.

Do you think we could have a secret forums handshake or something? So One can identify another forumite on the dance floor,

As it happens I can only identify a couple of people from the forums on the floor. Namely Gadget (I long to be as good as he is) and Freya (Don't actually think I've had the pleasure of a dance yet.. but watched her dance with Gadge) of course, Not forgetting Lorna .. without whom I wouldn't even know the few moves I do.

I'm quite embarassed to say that I seem to have danced with Piglet but I cannot put a face to the name. So Sorry piglet.. Please feel free to poke me in the ribs and say "Oi.. Beo it's Piglet" next time we meet. I can honestly say though, everyone I've met and danced with so far has had an inpact on me.

Whether you'd be making him bacon and eggs for breakfast the next day.

Seriously.
    I don't believe that lory has ever seen breakfast at a weekender, never mind cooked it. If I saw her emerging from her chalet before lunch I'd call an ambulance.

There was probably more chance of breakfast being cooked for me by Erin Boag scantily clad in suspenders and stockings...but as it happens, the restaurant did a fair fry-up.

Ok this is the first of my posts about the Weekend and will be the shortest!

Met some new people at the Beach Ballroom and just gotta sa y what a lovely bunch of peeps they are!!!

Silver Fox
    - First words out of his mouth "So your Freya" And the first Forumite I met! Lovely guy with a cheeky personality!

Spice 'n' Easy - Our first dance wasn't brilliant on Saturday but on sunday all I can say is 'WOW' some fantastic ones. Felt all Hurt that we didn't invite him for a midnight paddle in the sea before the After PArty! Did you get wet enough on Sun???

Dirty D - Fabby Dancer such fun and some 'Hot' Moves

Russel Suxby - 'WOW' to watch him dance! Was very intimdated by him!

And last but not least, Definately not least:

Fletch - Was so scared to meet you coz you seam like such a big personality on the forum. What an impact you made in that fantastic dress! Great fun. Easy to chat to. I hope you'll keep in touch!

Quote Originally Posted by Freya

Registered User Tazmanian Devil's Avatar

Ahhh he's a pussy cat really

Fletch - Was so scared to meet you coz you seam like such a big personality on the forum. What an impact you made in that fantastic dress! Great fun. Easy to chat to. I hope you'll keep in touch!
    Fletch is a lovely lovely lady who always has the most gorgeous outfits It just goes to show that the pictures you have of people on the forum before you meet are not necessarily true.

Thread Information