3 2.56%
  • Yes - go for it!

75 64.10%
  • Tread (dance) carefully

39 33.33%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Dating dancers - wise?

Re: Dating dancers - wise?

[QUOTE=Patrick;282853]Well, as you seem to prefer guys of your own age, I may, sadly, have to concede defeat on the direct approach...

But I have no age preferences. If you and Jivebunny could tie up a few toy boys/pretty young things, it would just make the swooping a litle easier all round...

I will see what i can do!!

Quote Originally Posted by DianaS View Post
    Gosh what a coincidence
    so do I..
    it looks like we are a match then ..
    So where are you dancing next
    (I'm 41 btw and like them a little younger tooo)
    Hehe!

[quote=jivebunny;282859]
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Well, as you seem to prefer guys of your own age, I may, sadly, have to concede defeat on the direct approach...

But I have no age preferences. If you and Jivebunny could tie up a few toy boys/pretty young things, it would just make the swooping a litle easier all round...

Devious teamwork... I like it

I dont mind who I dance with, although its always nice to be asked

Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    Oh, nothing much... (so far).
    Why, you planning a visit to London?
    Have you read your PMs? I may have to choose between finding someone to take to Breeze (of the female persuasion), or visiting London. I wouldn't want to be the wallflower in my Breeze group.

May also visit London next week, at Jive+ Oxford Saturday.

[QUOTE=jivebunny;282859]
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Well, as you seem to prefer guys of your own age, I may, sadly, have to concede defeat on the direct approach...

[QUOTE=Alice;282863]
    Quote Originally Posted by jivebunny View Post

Devious teamwork... I like it
    Good Plan! Ceroc Bath is Tuesday nights BTW

Blog Entries

I just like to dance, although it is nice to have a younger lady smiling back at me.
    Sad isn't it, that at 34 I struggle to find someone younger than me to dance with?!

On a related note, in a room full of beginners, I'd rather dance with the younger ones anytime.
    Maybe it's just a Norfolk thing, but I've noticed that when the teacher says "start nice and close" or "you need to be close together for this move", the younger ladies squeese in as close as they can. Whereas the middle aged or older ladies seem to be more comfortable dancing 20 feet away!

ex.Brum, now in limbo somewhere in the Midlands

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    I just like to dance, although it is nice to have a younger lady smiling back at me.
    Sad isn't it, that at 34 I struggle to find someone younger than me to dance with?!

On a related note, in a room full of beginners, I'd rather dance with the younger ones anytime.
    Maybe it's just a Norfolk thing, but I've noticed that when the teacher says "start nice and close" or "you need to be close together for this move", the younger ladies squeese in as close as they can. aged or older ladies seem to be more comfortable dancing 20 feet away!
    Whereas the middle

Well I am older and I have no problem dancing close when it is in the right context and also when he is cute even better.

Hmm, is this thread in danger of becoming the "do you date or dance with people older/younger than you?"

*note to self that younger men might not like dancing with me*

Quote Originally Posted by sidney View Post
    Whereas the middle

Well I am older and I have no problem dancing close when it is in the right context and also when he is cute even better.
    Well put!!! when its in context!!!! I'm happy to follow the style of song and dance nice and close, even more so when the guy is nice an cute
    I've also noticed the tendancy for men to go for the younger woman and this doesnt seem to depend on dancing ability....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine_Annie View Post
    I've also noticed the tendancy for men to go for the younger woman and this doesnt seem to depend on dancing ability....
    Spot on! At one of my local venues, I happen to know all of the bar staff and they make up nicknames for the regulars as they have no idea what their real names are. Most are harmless like GuinessMan, BouncyMan and so on, but there is also Ceroc Enemy number 1 and number 2. They're the ones that lurk around the edge of the dance floor and pounce on the young girls as soon as an opportunity arises. Apparently they've been seen deliberatly walking away when less attractive ladies approach them!
    It's behaviour like that that makes me almost embarrassed to be a single man at a dance lesson. I don't want people to think that all single men are like that!

maybe i should take a trip down to bath then. Don't get me wrong the older men i dance with are great, but there is nothing better then dancing with a younger guy, especially since only being 25.

Not sure if I count as a younger guy (I'm 31), but I should be at Ashtons this evening...

However I would have to admit that it's the quality of the dance is more important than the age of the woman I'm dancing with. Are they enjoying it; is there smiling & eye contact? (I suppose I would have to admit that my requirements for dance partners are different to girlfriend requirements )

Patrick[/QUOTE]

Well put!!! when its in context!!!! I'm happy to follow the style of song and dance nice and close, even more so when the guy is nice an cute
    I agree, it is always nicer to dance when the guy is cute,

Quote Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
    (I suppose I would have to admit that my requirements for dance partners are different to girlfriend requirements )
    Is this not the crux of the whole thing? I will happily dance with pretty much anyone, regardless of age... but age does come into it as far as potential boyfriends go...

But we're getting off topic...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
    Not sure if I count as a younger guy (I'm 31), but I should be at Ashtons this evening...

However I would have to admit that it's the quality of the dance is more important than the age of the woman I'm dancing with. Are they enjoying it; is there smiling & eye contact? (I suppose I would have to admit that my requirements for dance partners are different to girlfriend requirements )
    31 does class as a younger guy, in my book. Although i would prefer to dance with younger guys, i have some reqular older dance partners who are amazing and i love to dance with them, but again no good for potential boyfriends!

Were is Ashtons?

I must be the exception then. Most (though not all) of my favourite dance partners are older than me. I'll dance with anyone, really. Mind you, the fact that I'm happily married (to a dancer - that's my link to the topic of this thread) and am therefore not looking for anything other than a good dance might have something to do with that.

Were is Ashtons?
    Over the rainbow, find the pot of gold, have a chat with Dorothy, find the lions bravery and then get to never never land opposite the Bingo hall and relax.

1,2,3 you're back in the room.

Registered User Tazmanian Devil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WittyBird View Post
    Over the rainbow, find the pot of gold, have a chat with Dorothy, find the lions bravery and then get to never never land opposite the Bingo hall and relax.

LMAO you in a funny mood tonight babes Good description of when your in ashtons but not really of the area outside

Mrs Pretzelmeister

Ah you need this on the correlation between good looks and frequency of dancing

I'll dance with anyone regardless of age. Going back to the actual thread subject - I've just started a relationship with a dancer so I sure hope it is wise! I think 'tread carefully' is a good maxim to work by as if it all went wrong it could get awkward. I'm sure this has been covered in another thread as well!

Quote Originally Posted by WittyBird View Post

sound great will definatley give it a try will the tin man be there to?

Thread Information