3 2.56%
  • Yes - go for it!

75 64.10%
  • Tread (dance) carefully

39 33.33%
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dating dancers - wise?

Re: Dating dancers - wise?

Just to give, all you men and possibly ladies a little bit of hope...

Simonr and I met at Fleet 3 years ago today and still very much in love
    Happy Examples:
    TWK and Divi (now happily married), Bill & Becky Cooper (Married and now have their little man), Clayton and Janine (now married and baby) and of course not forgetting Will & Kate.
    I am pretty sure they all met through dancing... but not 100% sure on Clayton and Janine, but dancing was a large part of their life together.

Dancing is a great way to communicate and re-connect with your partner. Dancing itself talks a thousand words and when you have something in common that you both enjoy, there is no wrong in that

I would say if you like someone and they continuously catch your eye,,, then don't hold back! Go for it!

Happy Dating

Cutey

Quote Originally Posted by cutey View Post
    Just to give, all you men and possibly ladies a little bit of hope...

Simonr and I met at Fleet 3 years ago today and still very much in love
    Happy Examples: ....
    And me!!! With the gorgeous Marc. We met at St Neots Ceroc 5 and a half years ago. Ok, we're not married, but as Marc says, we've got a mortgage so it must be serious.

If dancing is such a big part of your life, I honestly don't see how it's possible to be with someone who doesn't dance. Obviously it does work for some, but there's nothing like sharing such a big passion in your life with someone you're passionate about.

Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    If dancing is such a big part of your life, I honestly don't see how it's possible to be with someone who doesn't dance. Obviously it does work for some, but there's nothing like sharing such a big passion in your life with someone you're passionate about.
    Though I'm prepared to accept that I might not be able to get someone passionate about all the same things in dancing that I am (eg Tango).

It can work the other way round too - date someone then get them interested in dancing. Its worked for me.

Hmm, new recruitment policy perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    It can work the other way round too - date someone then get them interested in dancing. Its worked for me.

Hmm, new recruitment policy perhaps?

Go futher then that Date them get them interested in dancing and get them to be Taxi dancers and be on the forum

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Go futher then that Date them get them interested in dancing and get them to be Taxi dancers and be on the forum
    For any gossips out there, he isn't talking about me

the more i dance the more i think i am going to struggle going out with someone how doesn't dance!! it would be easier if more young men were interested in dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by jivebunny View Post
    the more i dance the more i think i am going to struggle going out with someone how doesn't dance!! it would be easier if more young men were interested in dancing.
    There's a lot more young people coming to one of my local venues lately (Bath), both men and ladies. Targetted publicity I think. But they still want more men!

Latest (unofficial) idea was to try getting new recruits from gay bars. May solve the not enough men problem, but not the dating for young people one! In fact, if they dance as fixed couples it doesn't solve either...

I was surprised how many relationships kick off at Ceroc with a big age gap. Fortunately, I have (just) managed to avoid the gaffe "so did you come with your father/mother/son/daughter then?", when it later became clear they were 'related' in a different way...

Good luck
    Patrick

Hi all

I dated two guys last year that didnt dance (i've been dancing for 4 years now) and they both got jealous of the dancing and didnt understand it at all. One even spent hrs on the phone to a good friend of mine trying to understand why I still kept dancing... How can someone not understand ???

Mind you finding someone who dances to date seems impossible, maybe I concentrate on dancing too much and forget the talking bit

but I love dancing and when nice song comes on all I wanna do is move!!!

[QUOTE=Patrick;282705]There's a lot more young people coming to one of my local venues lately (Bath), both men and ladies. Targetted publicity I think. But they still want more men!

maybe i should take a trip down to bath then. Don't get me wrong the older men i dance with are great, but there is nothing better then dancing with a younger guy, especially since only being 25.

Quote Originally Posted by jivebunny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    There's a lot more young people coming to one of my local venues lately (Bath), both men and ladies. Targetted publicity I think. But they still want more men!
    Quote Originally Posted by jivebunny
    maybe i should take a trip down to bath then. Don't get me wrong the older men i dance with are great, but there is nothing better then dancing with a younger guy, especially since only being 25.
    Last edited by Alice; 22nd-September-2006 at 12:40 PM. Reason: formatting

Originally Posted by Patrick
    Originally Posted by jivebunny
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    In some circles I'm still considered to be a young man... (not many). But I have been the youngest person at some venues! It would be great if you fancy coming to Bath. You could distract all those younger men, and improve my chances all round

If I dance double trouble with two ladies half my age, does that make things even again?
    Patrick
    Last edited by Patrick; 22nd-September-2006 at 01:11 PM.

[QUOTE=Patrick;282737]In some circles I'm still considered to be a young man... (not many). But I have been the youngest person at some venues! It would be great if you fancy coming to Bath. You could distract all those younger men, and improve my chances all round

Well i travel with my job reqularly so if i find myself in Bath i shall pop along, what night is it on?

In some circles I'm still considered to be a young man... (not many). But I have been the youngest person at some venues! It would be great if you fancy coming to Bath. You could distract all those younger men, and improve my chances all round

If I dance double trouble with two ladies half my age, does that make things even again?
    Patrick
    What, so you're planning to use me as a decoy now??? Get the younger men out of the way (always happy to help out ) while you swoop on the women closer to your age who've been after the young ones?

I think (as has probably been said over the past 7 pages that I haven't had time to read) that dating another dancer is for the most part a good thing. It was my ex that introduced me to ceroc rather than the other way round.... but even though I've only been doing it a short amount of time, the desire to date someone that can dance is much higher now, and I've heard that mentioned by some of my female friends as well.

I agree with the point mentioned above - the venue I go to attracts mainly people that are older than me, and whilst it's nice to dance with someone who's good and you can flow with, regardless of age, I prefer to dance with with someone of my own age or a bit younger (I'm 28 btw)

Registered User Northants Girly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTomato View Post
    I prefer to dance with with someone of my own age or a bit younger (I'm 28 btw)
    Remind me not to bother asking you for a dance then

Quote Originally Posted by Northants Girly View Post
    Remind me not to bother asking you for a dance then
    I only said I prefer, what's wrong with that? I'm quite happy to dance with anyone of any age, just given the choice...

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTomato View Post
    I prefer to dance with with someone of my own age or a bit younger (I'm 28 btw)
    Gosh what a coincidence
    so do I..
    it looks like we are a match then ..
    So where are you dancing next
    (I'm 41 btw and like them a little younger tooo)
    Last edited by DianaS; 22nd-September-2006 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    What, so you're planning to use me as a decoy now??? Get the younger men out of the way (always happy to help out ) while you swoop on the women closer to your age who've been after the young ones?

Well, as you seem to prefer guys of your own age, I may, sadly, have to concede defeat on the direct approach...

But I have no age preferences. If you and Jivebunny could tie up a few toy boys/pretty young things, it would just make the swooping a little easier all round...

OTOH, what are you doing, say, Friday Oct 6?...

Patrick
    Last edited by Patrick; 22nd-September-2006 at 03:29 PM.

I dance with anyone of any age although it would be nice to see some younger people coming along to my local venue (I'm 19).

xXx

Well, as you seem to prefer guys of your own age, I may, sadly, have to concede defeat on the direct approach...

But I have no age preferences. If you and Jivebunny could tie up a few toy boys/pretty young things, it would just make the swooping a litle easier all round...

OTOH, what are you doing, say, next Friday?...

Patrick
    Oh, nothing much... (so far).
    Why, you planning a visit to London?

Thread Information