3 2.56%
  • Yes - go for it!

75 64.10%
  • Tread (dance) carefully

39 33.33%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dating dancers - wise?

Re: Dating dancers - wise?

Been away for a while and delighted to come back and see my thread up and running still (sorry stupidly proud as I think it was the first thread I ever started!)

How times change - when I started this thread I was indeed dating a dancer and now I'm single again I find myself coing back to this question.

Little point really as it's how I spend my spare time and it's just bound to happen until I find a new hobby or start shopping at a reasonable hour (does anyone else do it on the way back from a nights dancing?!) I hear that lots of people meet in shops - can anyone suggest which supermarket chain offers the best possibilities? M&S sometimes a little too mature for me. Waitrose full of people trying to be posh but who can't afford M&S and the Co-op - well it just aint M&S!

I seem to have answered my own question gonna wait a couple of years and then start loitering in the meals for one section of M&S! Damn - just realised why it has never happened for me in a shop - with a large appetite my trolley is full of meals for 2 - clearly all the single ladies are checking out my trolley and bypassing me. I shall start buying 2 of all the meals I like but in meals for one form! It could also be of course that I look like a complete sweaty minger who looks completely sh@gged from 3 or 4 hours of dancing!

I just love being single again and dance to dance! (just thought I'd add that bit so as not to appear desperate or worry anyone going to Southport!!!)

SOUTHPORT here I come!

Love ya all!
    TGNS

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyNiceShoes View Post
    How times change - when I started this thread I was indeed dating a dancer and now I'm single again.

I hear that lots of people meet in shops - can anyone suggest which supermarket

It could also be of course that I look like a complete sweaty minger who looks completely sh@gged 3 or 4 hours!

SOUTHPORT here I come!

Love ya all!
    TGNS

Hi babes

there is allways somerfield (penkridge) what time

If you can manage 3 oe 4 hours you won't be on the market long

Save me a dance at Southport

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    I've been thinking about this- I think it can work the other way too... Close dances can sometimes make it hard to work out if someone else is interested or whether it's "just dancing"... but they could make it difficult for any bystanders to ascertain the situation as well. Anyone out there this has caused problems for in the past?
    Maybe

When i met my current partner I was dancing at least 6 nights a week. At the time I remember having several worrys on the subject of dating other dancers, the first being that if i didn't date a dancer, I wouldn't date at all, because I had no spare time. The second big worry for me was that the perspective partner might expect me to dance with them all night and thats no fun is it!!!

Lucky for me this didn't happen! I highly recommend dating dancers!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie Q View Post
    When i met my current partner I was dancing at least 6 nights a week. At the time I remember having several worrys on the subject of dating other dancers, the first being that if i didn't date a dancer, I wouldn't date at all, because I had no spare time. The second big worry for me was that the perspective partner might expect me to dance with them all night and thats no fun is it!!!

Lucky for me this didn't happen! I highly recommend dating dancers!
    welcome to the forum

I just voted for the 'No way - never' option - It seemed lonely and I didn't like to see it left on the shelf for too long.

Measuring up patio to see if neighbour will fit under it

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    I just voted for the 'No way - never' option - It seemed lonely and I didn't like to see it left on the shelf for too long.

Thought i would join you

Having never dated or even been asked out by a dancer before i can't really comment on this, i'd be lucky to attract the local tramp in the bus stop let alone a dancer

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    Thought i would join you

Having never dated or even been asked out by a dancer before i can't really comment on this, i'd be lucky to attract the local tramp in the bus stop let alone a dancer
    Awww. don't put yourself down so! I'm sure you're a lovely person and Mr Right is out there SOMEWHERE for you (as my sig states so well)

I don't think we've met but I'm sure you are doing yourself a grave injustice

Measuring up patio to see if neighbour will fit under it

Thanks Beo hope to meet you when you come down to London then you will see for yourself

I'll make a point of seeking you out, and getting you up for a dance

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970 View Post
    I'm sure you're a lovely person and Mr Right is out there SOMEWHERE for you
    Obligatory joke: just make sure his first name isn't always

Don't give up

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    Thought i would join you
    Almost demands the obvious but not very helpful "I find that hard to believe!" kind of reply.

Being a little naive, shy, and retiring I have found the world of dancing/dating a social minefield. I've never been asked out by a dancer either, but then I'm a guy and ladies always wait to be asked, dancing or dating, right?! I generally avoid trying to date dancers, though in the year since I started I've had one rejection, one very nice relationship, and one date which didn't lead anywhere. I have made a lot of very good lady friends, who mostly are not available or not interested in a relationship (at least not with me!)

I am a little puzzled by your experience - many of the ladies I know grow weary of being asked out by random blokes all the time. The standing joke is 'ladies come to Ceroc to dance, men come to get dates'.

Reasons I don't generally ask dancers on dates:
    1. To my surprise, most are actually not single, but don't come with their partners
    2. It can take a lot of time to establish the above. Once took me 6 weeks to confirm the object of my desire was actually married!
    3. I know it is shallow, but I tend to assume ladies I find attractive must already be 'taken'
    4. In my limited experience, dating your dance partner is very complicated. Not sure I want to do it again.

Just lost a load of this post in some glitch. That will have to do for now! But there are surefire ways of getting a guy to ask you for a date. Well, getting me at any rate!

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    [LIST=1][*]To my surprise, most are actually not single, but don't come with their partners
    Patrick
    Funny most the ceroc women I ask out are single, its only after the date they say errr forgot to mention im married

Dee no doubt has been asked out many times but I guess just refuses

Commercial Operator

[LIST=1][*]To my surprise, most are actually not single, but don't come with their partners[*]It can take a lot of time to establish the above. Once took me 6 weeks to confirm the object of my desire was actually married![*]I know it is shallow, but I tend to assume ladies I find attractive must already be 'taken'
    I know this is very easy for me to say (in very secure long-term relationship), especially as I used to be terrible at the whole dating game, but...

All this beating about the bush, wondering whether someone you're interested in is single or not, it's amazing how quickly you can get questions like that out of the way simply by asking. Even if it's a weighted question like "Does your husband dance?"... and if you get the right answer, just ask him / her out, and don't worry about it!

When I met Ms Straycat, for example, we got those questions out of the way in about thirty seconds (to the bemusement of those present).
    1. In my limited experience, dating your dance partner is very complicated. Not sure I want to do it again.
    Do you mean dating a competing / performing / competing partner? I wouldn't say I've found it complicated as such ... but working with someone in that environment is never easy, whether you're romantically involved or not. I'd say it's likely even harder to have a dance partnership alongside your normal relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat264 View Post
    I know this is very easy for me to say (in very secure long-term relationship), especially as I used to be terrible at the whole dating game, but...

All this beating about the bush, wondering whether someone you're interested in is single or not, it's amazing how quickly you can get questions like that out of the way simply by asking. Even if it's a weighted question like "Does your husband dance?"... and if you get the right answer, just ask him / her out, and don't worry about it!

When I met Ms Straycat, for example, we got those questions out of the way in about thirty seconds (to the bemusement of those present). .
    Yes, I have learned to ask that sort of question quite genuinely (and if it really is genuine, I get a genuine reply). Usually get the answer 'hubby at home watching football...' etc. Gets harder if I find her really attractive, and don't ask before I come over all peculiar! The lady I mentioned, I was bowled over in about half a second, when she appeared in front of me in the line. My first week at Ceroc. Caught me off guard, and never regained my composure.

Felt a bit reckless one night and joking asked another lady, 'so do you have a boyfriend?' (answer, no...) 'would you like one?' Not surprisingly, got a good giggle, but no date!

Do you mean dating a competing / performing / competing partner? I wouldn't say I've found it complicated as such ... but working with someone in that environment is never easy, whether you're romantically involved or not. I'd say it's likely even harder to have a dance partnership alongside your normal relationship
    Yes I was thinking about competing, or at least seriously improving together. Different expectations and priorities can be a strain on a relationship. At the moment I would be more comfortable keeping serious dance partners and life partners separate. Losing both at the same time is a big blow!

I am a little puzzled by your experience - many of the ladies I know grow weary of being asked out by random blokes all the time. The standing joke is 'ladies come to Ceroc to dance, men come to get dates'.
    Well that leaves those of us who've never been asked out at Ceroc feeling great doesn’t it? The “what’s wrong with me” stuff…

Anyway, it doesn’t happen so like Dee I’m reluctantly resigned to singledom. On the plus side, at least I don’t have anyone stopping me trying to go dancing or getting jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Well that leaves those of us who've never been asked out at Ceroc feeling great doesn’t it? The “what’s wrong with me” stuff…
    Obviously they just put you down as too attractive to be single

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    Obviously they just put you down as too attractive to be single

So who's going to start the 'Would you date Twirly?' poll?

Quote Originally Posted by straycat264 View Post

So who's going to start the 'Would you date Twirly?' poll?

Noooo!!!!

Hey I've never been asked out while dancing either.. But then I don't really get to know people I dance with.

I had a little chat with some people last night but not really enough for them to make an opinion of me or me of them. I think (and I'm directing this at both Dee and Twirly) That if you go out and have fun and don't worry about anything, just going with the flow then you never know what 'll happen or who'll you meet.

it's a sad state of affairs these days that people are much more insular. no body speaks to strangers on a train or at a bus stop these days. everybody has barriers up and things like Dancing break these barriers down.. so you're already one step ahead of everyone else.

if I knew the secret to dating I wouldn't be single. This is just my own theory that I'm formulating here but I think if you go out and meet enough people, from as many different areas and interests as possible, make an attempt to get to know them.. heck .. even FLIRT a little (look at me.. I've got a degree in flirting ) who knows what the future may bring.

Dee, I've not chatted to you much but I'm sure you're a lovely person. Twirly I KNOW you're a lovely person. I certainly wouldn't spend 2 hours on a phone to someone I didn't like. so come on girls, I though I was supposed to be the one that did the whole "nobody loves me" stuff..(hmm.. what happened to the real Pete? who swapped him with this new improved self assured model?)

Hugs all round and I'm looking forward to meeting you both. Know knows.. perhaps tomorrow or the day after or even this time next year .. you'll be fighting them off with a stick

*raises hand*

"request permission to be first in the queue?"

Thread Information