Thread: Double Prams - which choice?

Double Prams - which choice?

Firstly, a couple of disclaimers.

1) I've got nothing against kids

2) I actually like kids

3) I've been severally accused of being a kid, and have not yet come up with a decent comeback or riposte.

4) I've nothing against twins either ... my sister has a pair

I was walking to work and came across a mother with a twin (two across) pram, struggling to get through a shop door. I did consider cheering her on ... for about 3 milliseconds, and then helped her with the aforementioned door [please excuse the posh talk ... I've just come off a G&S stage show!]

... and then, as I walked away, I found myself chuntering to myself how, as she had (assumedly) chosen a double, side-by-side pram, rather than a double one-behind-the-other, then she quite frankly deserves all the ar*e-ache that she gets from the aforementioned configurated preambulator.

I do get somewhat wound up to distraction (or the nines) by the bull-dozer effect of these side-by-side pedestrian mowers. All these are lacking, are a set of wheel mounted scythes. In fact, had Bodicea been a mother of twins, I feel assuredly convinced that she would have owned one.

Viva the one-in-front-of-the-other, and consign the side-by-sides to the anals of history [or room 1-0-1, whichever is the most timely], or at least ensure that owners of such pedestrian sadistic modes of transportation attend an appropriate driving/perambulating course.

What say you?

Re: Double Prams - which choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Hans
    Firstly, a couple of disclaimers.

1) I've got nothing against kids

2) I actually like kids

3) I've been severally accused of being a kid, and have not yet come up with a decent comeback or riposte.

4) I've nothing against twins either ... my sister has a pair

I was walking to work and came across a mother with a twin (two across) pram, struggling to get through a shop door. I did consider cheering her on ... for about 3 milliseconds, and then helped her with the aforementioned door [please excuse the posh talk ... I've just come off a G&S stage show!]

... and then, as I walked away, I found myself chuntering to myself how, as she had (assumedly) chosen a double, side-by-side pram, rather than a double one-behind-the-other, then she quite frankly deserves all the ar*e-ache that she gets from the aforementioned configurated preambulator.

I do get somewhat wound up to distraction (or the nines) by the bull-dozer effect of these side-by-side pedestrian mowers. All these are lacking, are a set of wheel mounted scythes. In fact, had Bodicea been a mother of twins, I feel assuredly convinced that she would have owned one.

Viva the one-in-front-of-the-other, and consign the side-by-sides to the anals of history [or room 1-0-1, whichever is the most timely], or at least ensure that owners of such pedestrian sadistic modes of transportation attend an appropriate driving/perambulating course.

What say you?
    Use a condom!

Give the poor woman a break! It must be difficult enough struggling with 2 tiny children at the shops without some child-free person pontificating about the comparative handling qualities of different pram styles. (Quick check to see if it's April 1st.) I knew the forum was no longer about dancing but this is ridiculous!
    Anyway, wouldn't a one-in-front style present problems in cornering, unless it was articulated, in which case steering would be more of a challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by jivecat
    Give the poor woman a break ....
    Sorry ... I'll try and be a little more tongue in cheek next time!!

Quote Originally Posted by jivecat
    Anyway, wouldn't a one-in-front style present problems in cornering, unless it was articulated, in which case steering would be more of a challenge?
    steering is not that bad actually - better than most fold-ups because it's got slightly bigger wheels. It is a bit longer, but the problem is that only the back one can lie flat; fine if you have kids with a couple of years seperation. But for twins or babies, you really need a side-by-side one so that they can both be lain down at the same time.

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by Gojive
    Use a condom!

The liberal lefties will say the the side by side pushchair is by far the fairer mode of transport for children.

The pain an suffering that would be caused with the alternative mode because one poor child will be ahead and the other behind.

The child being behind will be scarred for life and probably become an alcoholic or drug taker or mass murderer and it will all be YOUR fault Magic Hans.

...consign the side-by-sides to the anals of history...
    Ouch! - what on earth did history do to deserve that?

More worryingly, why does he/she/it have more than one?

... to the anals of history ...
    Oooops I think I mispelled annals!!!

Oooops I think I mispelled annals!!!
    You'll be the butt of lots of bum jokes now

Thread Information