Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Asking for what you want!

Re: Asking for what you want!

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    I was hoping for a 'real' one but thanks for the virtual one
    Any time dee, when next we meet one cuddle reserved just for you.

Measuring up patio to see if neighbour will fit under it

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael
    Any time dee, when next we meet one cuddle reserved just for you.

Thanks babe i will look forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella
    OK, i see your point, in that case as you did such a good job on sunday. I WANT you as my personal masseur!!

Please bring the helicopter with you too.
    Chris Jones is your man for the pilot jobby. I can be your masseur too if you wanted.

As for the shoes, sorry but if you ask i think you will find a number of the girls have locations and addresses of many shoe shops that will bring a sparkle to your eye.
    I think I need to extend that a bit to: I want some new dance shoes which I don't have give money in exchange for, cos I don't have any ... which leads me on to ... I also want a 2 bedroom flat to come on to the market within my price range in the area that I'm looking in.

A selection of the most amazing tango music and the impetous to practice practice practice!
    Plus a trip to Buenous Aeros in October..
    and new shoes

Quote Originally Posted by DianaS
    A selection of the most amazing tango music and the impetous to practice practice practice!
    Plus a trip to Buenous Aeros in October..
    and new shoes

I have already sent an e-mail to a friend of mine who teaches Tango, and asked for scrummy tango music, it may be a while before she answers but, knowing her the music will be good.

I do not know how many people are on the forum, but it appears that only 12 people know how to ("ask for what they want"), it’s a sad thing that so many people will say in private they would really like or want something!

But when given the chance to ask openly they hide or are embarrassed <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[IMG]http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/ /><o:p></o:p></SPAN>
    <SPAN style=[/IMG]<o:p> </o:p>

<font color=" /><o:p></o:p>
    <FONT color=#2d6790><o:p></o:p>
    <FONT color=#2d6790>Having spoken and listened to many people over the years, this is so true of many of us today; Sometimes just by asking dreams can come true.<o:p></o:p>
    <FONT color=#2d6790>I was with a group of people, a few months ago and one of them stood up and asked for what they wanted, nothing happened but one of the group knew somebody who was in that industry and asked them to look at what this person wanted.<o:p></o:p>
    <FONT color=#2d6790>To cut a long story short, they now have what they wanted, but when they spoke to me afterwards they told me that they had spent 30 years trying and getting nowhere, what a waste of time.<o:p></o:p>
    <FONT color=#2d6790>If they had asked, 30 years ago and maybe many times in between, it’s possible there dreams could have come true earlier.<o:p></o:p>
    <FONT color=#2d6790>Just an objective observation, but some days miracles can happen, and magic can exist, if we are willing to ask.

<FONT color=#2d6790> <FONT color=#2d6790><o:p></o:p>

I do not know how many people are on the forum, but it appears that only 12 people know how to ("ask for what they want"), it’s a sad thing that so many people will say in private they would really like or want something! But when given the chance to ask openly they hide or are embarrassed

Having spoken and listened to many people over the years, this is so true of many of us today; Sometimes just by asking dreams can come true.

I was with a group of people, a few months ago and one of them stood up and asked for what they wanted, nothing happened but one of the group knew somebody who was in that industry and asked them to look at what this person wanted.

To cut a long story short, they now have what they wanted, but when they spoke to me afterwards they told me that they had spent 30 years trying and getting nowhere, what a waste of time.

If they had asked, 30 years ago and maybe many times in between, it’s possible there dreams could have come true earlier.

Just an objective observation, but some days miracles can happen, and magic can exist, if we are willing to ask.

Cool quote - but didn't show up on my browser.

Me - I want World Peace, but, and here's the kicker, I want it through everyone freely chosing it, rather than it having to be imposed. A mass grave is not really what I have in mind.

Happy to try and help others while I'm waiting though,
    Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    Cool quote - but didn't show up on my browser.

Me - I want World Peace, but, and here's the kicker, I want it through everyone freely chosing it, rather than it having to be imposed. A mass grave is not really what I have in mind.

Happy to try and help others while I'm waiting though,
    Christopher
    Hi ghost,

Just another objective comment, if one of us shares and ideal with only on person per day it would take 33 years to get that message to the whole world, less than a lifetime.

if we were to share that with three people and they were to each share it with three people every day for it would take 33 days to reach every liveing person on this planet.

Amazing thought realy, the power that each of us have.

(snip good stuff)

Amazing thought really, the power that each of us have.
    Love and the Cabbie (from “Chicken Soup for the Soul”)

I was in New York the other day and rode with a friend in a taxi. When we got out, my friend said to the driver, “Thank you for the ride. You did a superb job of driving”

The taxi driver was stunned for a moment. Then he said “Are you a wise guy or something?”
    “No my dear man, and I’m not putting you on. I admire the way you keep your cool in heavy traffic.”
    “Yeah,” the driver said and drive off.
    “What was that all about?” I asked
    “I’m trying to bring love back to New York,” he said. “I believe it’s the only thing that can save the city”
    “How can one man save New York?”
    “It’s not one man. I believe I have made that taxi driver’s day. Suppose he has 20 fares. He’s going to be nice to those 20 fares because someone was nice to him. Those fares in turn will be kinder to their employees or shop-keepers or waiters or even their own families. Eventually the goodwill could spread to at least 1000 people. Now that isn’t bad is it?”

“But you’re depending on that taxi driver to pass you goodwill onto others”
    “I’m not depending on it,” my friend said. I’m aware that the system isn’t foolproof so I might deal with ten different people today. If out of the ten I can make three happy, then eventually I can influence the attitudes of 3000 more”
    “It sounds good on paper,” I admitted, “but I’m not sure it work in practice”
    “Nothing lost if it doesn’t. It didn’t take any of my time to tell that man he was doing a good job. He neither received a larger tip or a smaller tip. If it fell on deaf ears, so what? Tomorrow there will be another taxi driver I can try to make happy.”
    “You’re some kind of nut” I said
    “That shows how cynical you have become. I have made a study of this. The thing that seems to be lacking, besides money of course for our postal employees, is that no one tells people who work for the post office what a good job they’re doing.”
    “But they’re not doing a good job”
    “They’re not doing a good job because they feel no one cares if they do or not. Why shouldn’t someone say a kind word to them?”
    We were walking past a structure in the process of being built and passed five workmen eating their lunch. My friend stopped. “That’s a magnificent job you men have done. It must be difficult and dangerous work.”
    The workmen eyed my friend suspiciously
    “When will it be finished?”
    ”June” a man grunted.
    “Ah. That really is impressive. You must all be very proud.”
    We walked away. I said to him. “I haven’t seen anyone like you since Man of La Mancha
    “When those men digest my words, they will feel better for it. Somehow the city will benefit from their happiness. “
    ”But you can’t do this all alone!” I protested “You’re just one man”
    “The most important thing is not to get discouraged. Making people in the city become kind again is not an easy job, but if I can enlist other people in my campaign…”
    “You just winked at that woman” I said
    “Yes, I know,” he replied “And if she’s a schoolteacher, her class will be in for a fantastic day”
    ~ Art Buchwald

Be Well,
    Christopher

And to all the taxis who do such a wonderful job helping beginners find their way

[QUOTE=Raphael We may not get what we are asking for but hey no harm in asking. <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>[/QUOTE]

Hi guys, haven't been on here in a long time so hope everybody is ok!
    How wonderful is this thread Raph! ( Rep on it's way)

Have to say it's wonderful (from a very selfish point of view!) to read that SO many other fabby lady dancers have the same problem as me....not getting asked to dance I feel as if am in good company now and it's given me a bit more inspiration not to give up dancing just yet...will carry on asking as one day things may change
    Wish list then...

obviously, a queue of fabby men dancers all begging to ask me to dance
    A beautiful sunny afternoon , balmy evening at Southport with no other women in the room...evil I know!
    And for all the dancers that we know, with their heads so far up their own ar**s to be bought back to earth with a bump!

Oh yeah, for daddy to own a shoe shop! wooooo hoooooo

Fairly easy to please eh?
    Hope to catch ya soon at Ashtons Raph...and many others

Not only Ashtons darling will be at Southport as well hope to see you there place already reserved on my dance card just for you

Come to think of it are men aloud a dance card hehe

Just 1 place?????

If I was going I would expect AT LEAST 52,000!!!!
    maybe in 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by angelique
    Just 1 place?????

If I was going I would expect AT LEAST 52,000!!!!
    maybe in 2007!
    ok breeze October, camber November, storm March, and as you know Ashtons on a Wednesday, sometime Muswell hill, and bow, bromley orpington shorn, what more can i say, oh and the jaguar centre in brum, i do try

ok breeze October, camber November, storm March, and as you know Ashtons on a Wednesday, sometime Muswell hill, and bow, bromley orpington shorn, what more can i say, oh and the jaguar centre in brum, i do try
    Ok seeing as it's keeping up with Raph, how about....

Southport - June / September
    Breeze - October
    Camber - November
    Storm - March

Sundays - Berko & tea dance if on
    Mondays- Finchley
    Tuesday - Greenwich (sometimes)
    Wednesdays - Ashtons (sometimes Windsor)
    Thursday - St Albans (sometimes Bow or Muswell Hill)
    Friday - Chesham (or whatever freestyle is on)
    Saturday - Whatever freestyle is on

Am I allowed to ask for more dancing?

Quote Originally Posted by WittyBird
    Ok seeing as it's keeping up with Raph, how about....
    *waits patiently for Taz to respond (gonna be close though)*
    Am I allowed to ask for more dancing?
    Um, what do you do when you're reading the Forum then?
    (Even my avatar's dancing )
    Be Well,
    Christopher

Um, what do you do when you're reading the Forum then?
    That you don't want to know
    I want my avatars wings and stars to move but I don't know how to animate it

That you don't want to know
    I want my avatars wings and stars to move but I don't know how to animate it
    PM Ducasi
    (Or if all else fails I'll do it, but he'll probably do a better job - either way )

Christopher

PM Ducasi
    (Or if all else fails I'll do it, but he'll probably do a better job - either way )

Christopher
    Or pm me with the specifc changes you'd like made to my current avatar
    Christopher

I want a hole in one!

Don't ask ONE what?

Thread Information