Thread: Media Player problem

Media Player problem

My PC automatically updated Windows Media Player yesterday to WMP 10, and now i can't burn cds. It's showing an " unknown error". Didn't have any problems with it before this happened. Can anyone advise me how to solve this?

Re: Media Player problem

It's probably something to do with DRM [Digital Rights Management] which MS, Apple, Sony etc....are pushing in an attempt to stop people copying music. Even though it will have no effect on anybody who really wants to steal music/movies..... Unfortunately it can also stop you backing up your music [remember your hard drive will fail] or doing compilations, 2 perfectly legitimate reasons to burn a CD.
    Use Nero [a CD burning programme] to get around this, just make a new audio CD and add the files you want from your hard drive. A cut down but useable version comes free with many CD/DVD writers or look for it on the web. XP also supports burning to CD, maybe even audio, try it.
    MusicMatch is a player that many people like and I have also used that for burning audio CDs in the past.
    If you have rollback enabled you could undo update.

Re: Media Player problem

Quote Originally Posted by jezzyjj
    Use Nero [a CD burning programme] to get around this, just make a new audio CD and add the files you want from your hard drive. A cut down but useable version comes free with many CD/DVD writers or look for it on the web. XP also supports burning to CD, maybe even audio, try it.
    MusicMatch is a player that many people like and I have also used that for burning audio CDs in the past.
    If you have rollback enabled you could undo update.
    Thanks i'll keep a note of this for future, but surprisingly, i've managed to restore the system (amazing what you can do when you read the help and support section on a pc) to a date before the WMP update happened and now have the previous version up and running again and i can burn cd's.

Thread Information