Thread: Race for Life 06 - Please sponsor me

TiggsTours

Race for Life 06 - Please sponsor me

Hello,

On Friday I heard that my father has been diagnosed with prostate cancer, if you know him, please do not say anything to him if you do see him. In my life I have seen a friend fight ovarian cancer, another friend lose 2 members of her family to breast cancer, and another friend lose her father. I am very pleased to say that my father's cancer has been caught in the early stages, and the prognosis is very good.

This situation has really brought home to me how far the fight against cancer has come, even in my lifetime. When I was a child, cancer only really had one meaning, whereas now, if things are caught early, you can afford to feel optimistic. However, I know we're all very aware that there is still so far to go.

So, I'm taking part in the Richmond Race for Life on 04/06/2006 to raise money for Cancer Research UK and would really welcome your support. If anyone fancies running with me too, the company would be very welcome! All you need to do is go online and register.

Please take a moment to sponsor me. It's really easy - you can donate online by credit or debit card at the following address:

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/amandaettridge

All donations are secure and sent electronically to Cancer Research UK. If you are a UK taxpayer, Justgiving will add an automatic 28% bonus to your donation at no cost to you. Please join me in supporting Cancer Research UK and a fabulous cause!

Thanks and best wishes,

Amanda

Re: Race for Life 06 - Please sponsor me

Well done for doing this. This must be such a hard time for you as i know you are really close to both your parents. I am sorry to hear that your Dad is going though this, what with all the other health problems he has had over the last few years, this must seem like it's just one thing after another.

I'll come along on the day and cheer you on too - i won't do any running myself cos that would be too much like hard work but i'll gladly carry your towel for you!

Asif

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Re: Race for Life 06 - Please sponsor me

Quote Originally Posted by TiggsTours
    Hello,

On Friday I heard that my father has been diagnosed with prostate cancer
    After seeing this post and talking to my step mother who is also doing the race for life, i feel inspired to also go for it. Even if i have to walk it as i can't even run for a bus!
    My dad was also diagnosed with prostrate cancer 10 months ago. Unfortunately he had ignored the symptoms for a couple of years before going to the doctors, mainly due to embarrassement, by the time he went he had secondary cancer in the bones. He has now got about 3 years left.
    So please guys get yourselves checked out, it is an extremely common cancer!!
    I've left it a bit late as a lot of the races are closed and the Milton Keynes one is when i'm in Southport! But i'll just have to travel and do one elsewhere in the country.
    Good luck Amanda, i hope your dad's positive and if caught early prostrate cancer is easily irradicated.

Thread Information