Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BNP for Parliament?

Re: BNP for Parliament?

Quote Originally Posted by Baruch
    Only if we can also relocate the English to the Sahara

Quote Originally Posted by Baruch
    Anyway, parts of southern Scotland are historically Welsh. It's a fact. ...
    (Come to think of it, the same could be said of much of what is now England as well.)
    Don't know if "Welsh" is the right word..., but yeah, much of England, and the south of Scotland was occupied by the Britons. Some people will even tell you that Camelot is in Scotland.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Quote Originally Posted by RogerR
    Enoch Powell was right the streets will run with blood, as likely Sikh v Hindu V Muslim in East London. Green Lanes N London already fights Greek v Greek and V Turk.

People want to come to Britain because of what it was, then they want to change it.
    I have strange views on this subject.

The right wing tory in me wants to see tough and selective immigration policies. If I can't go to Australia or US without proving that I can make a contribution to that country, or lots of money, then I won't be able to reside there.

I want to see all immigrants swear/affirm allegiance to the Queen. I am a strong monarchist. I think that in the Queen we have a fantastic figurehead. I believe strongly in singing the National anthem before major sporting events.

As a Chinese boy growing up in this country, I was and still am very very careful about the way that I present myself to people in this country. I usually try to show myself in a positive light so that people think well about Chinese people. I have always been conscious about being an ambassador for my race and it has affected the way that I interract with the natives of this country.I tried to be friendly to people that I met on the street.

The problem is that many come to this country for an easy lfe and what they can get out the system.This country is reknowned for being an easy touch and people take the mick.

I too believe that you should respect this country and not try to change it.

But on the other hand, where did the money for this country come from. It came from slavery and the colonies, This country raped and pillaged other countries. Hong Kong is one example. The Brits tried to allow the sale of opium to the Chinese and the Chinese rebelled and so the Brits took Hong Kong.

The sun did not set on the British Empire. That is how powerful and ruthless it was.

That is why I was born in this country....my grandfather worked for the British High Commissioner. The latter was so powerful that people bowed as he passed by in his coach.

But this country has a conscience and that is why it is now teeming with people from the Commonwealth.

It is a classic "We conquered all these people....now how do we feed and manage them?" The spoils of war!

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi
    Some people will even tell you that Camelot is in Scotland.
    There are a lot of camels in Scotland?

Actually, Caerleon in S. Wales has a strong claim too, as do various other places around the UK. If there ever really was a Camelot and an Arthur in the first place, of course.

Facinating stuff this Celtic history.

I have been reading into Celts and wonder where they came from. Supposedly Central Europe...but if so, then how come there are no Celtic language forms in Central Europe.

I was taught at school that the Britons fled to Brittany, but I reckon that their ancestors may have come from there and there were Celts already there (which is why they went back there) and these were old settlements. Is this right?

Oops off topic again.

BNP..yeah that's what we were discussing?

I fear that they are more poplular than the NF. But they will (hopefully ) be the unreasonable party. ...one for fascists and idiots, God Bless em. I mean you see Nick Griffin making these quasi evangelist style "revelations" about how Stephen Lawrence was a thugh and stole dinner money. For goodness sake, what has Stephen Lawrence got to do with the problems of immigration policies of today? Clearly , he is making a "Stephen Lawrence is black and therefore a criminal and therefore deserved what he got" and then the reasonable assumption is that he is saying that it is OK to batter black people. It is so obvious to the normal person that he is speaking lies, so that still goes against him.

Also they have an obviously thuggist, skinhead following...so that is great, in a funny way.

Until Labour ditched the Militant Tendancy, they were unelectable. So, hopefully these hooligans will put people off the BNP.

I remember when I was about 12, my dad took me to Anfield to see the Reds. (We won 5-3). Suddenly about 2000 people in the Anfield Road End started shouting "National Front". I didn't even know what it was and might have started shouting it myself(!). But the NF had a big presence in those days and they didn't get anywhere.

I remember when I was 15, I was very political. Some thugs at school started to write NF graffitti n walls. So I wrote out a big poster denouncing them on my dad's chip shop paper. I think I still have it somewhere. I put ticks on it for people to tick their support for what I was saying. I stuck it up. Amzingly not a single teacher took it down. I believe that one of them even ticked it (one of the physics teachers). I kept it secret for many years that I had done it although my close friends and feloow activists knew that I had done it. I could have gotten seriously beaten as in those days I was too scared to fight (whereas I am not now...just too old!).

I also revealed my secret on Friends Reunited. Ulp. But then again I also threatened to sue people who bullied me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste
    I have been reading into Celts and wonder where they came from. Supposedly Central Europe...but if so, then how come there are no Celtic language forms in Central Europe.
    That has more to do with the history of war and invasion than linguistic history. The European Celtic languages were overtaken by Latin (and later the Romance languages) due to Roman dominance, and Germanic languages due to the spread of the Germanic tribes. Think of the effect of the English language overtaking Manx and Cornish, and you have the general idea.

I was taught at school that the Britons fled to Brittany, but I reckon that their ancestors may have come from there and there were Celts already there (which is why they went back there) and these were old settlements. Is this right?
    No. The Breton language is an insular Celtic language, closely related to Cornish and, to a lesser extent, Welsh. It seem that the Bretons originally came mostly from Britain, and fled to what is now Brittany to escape attacks by either the Anglo-Saxons, Irish raiders, or maybe both.

I've heard that speakers of Cornish and Breton can understand each other, but as I speak neither language I don't know for sure. I do recognise some words of Cornish as similar to Welsh, but I couldn't hold a conversation with a Cornish or Breton speaker because they're not close enough to Welsh for that.

How's this for a diversion on a BNP-related thread? Then again, I suppose in a way it's relevant, as the BNP, anglocentric as they are, would no doubt like to ignore the Celtic cultures that still exist in the UK.
    Last edited by Baruch; 21st-April-2006 at 09:41 AM.

Diversionary...gulp forgive me Gus...couldn't stop myself.

How about this angle.

I bought a St George's cross flag (England) and asked Donna to stick it on my car but she wouldn't.

I was going to do it myself but decided not to.

Why? Because I was going to drop off Donna in Wales and I didn't want my windows trashed.

But hey! I used to watch Miri Mawr!

Gymru am byth!

Donna

Why? Because I was going to drop off Donna in Wales and I didn't want my windows trashed.
    That's it! Give everybody the impression that N Wales is a rough area full of English haters! Not true... lovely people. very friendly, and most probably would have been ok to stick your flag up.. but I'm sure you'll get some little brats that might throw a few stones... which means splashing more out on repairing parts of the car, and then adding that to the list of the other 100 problems you have with it.

I know this is changing the subject, but would like to share this one as it's hilarious.

Steve decided to park his car in a lonely car park at the back of Heswall Library and as we returned from the pub, just approaching the car park, Steve said, 'You know the kids around this area are really well behaved and are brought up really well. There's never any trouble around here.'

Split second after saying that, we walked around the corner to see.... the car with the windows completely smashed out, adidas foot prints all over it, and pushed down a ditch into the hedge! Oh yeah, of course, they took the radio as well.
    Last edited by Donna; 25th-April-2006 at 05:35 PM.

Thread Information