Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online wardrobe

Glitter Queen

Online wardrobe

Some of my friends and I thought that this (the 'online wardrobe') would be a good idea...

The thought being that you have your photo taken in all of you outfits in turn and upload them onto a webiste, which can be accessed by your group of friends, who also upload pictures of themselves in all their outfits. You also have a profile stating the sizes of your clothes etc.

Then, when you're having a fashion crisis you can chat to your friends online and they can help you decide what to wear! Also they could e-mail you and ask to borrow something from your wardrobe, and you could do the same to them...

... the only problem is that I'm sure some people would find a way to abuse the system.

What do you think?

The Forum Legend

Re: Online wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles
    ... the only problem is that I'm sure some people would find a way to abuse the system.
    Surely not. But do you have much that'll fit me??

Donna

Some of my friends and I thought that this (the 'online wardrobe') would be a good idea...

The thought being that you have your photo taken in all of you outfits in turn and upload them onto a webiste, which can be accessed by your group of friends, who also upload pictures of themselves in all their outfits. You also have a profile stating the sizes of your clothes etc.

Then, when you're having a fashion crisis you can chat to your friends online and they can help you decide what to wear! Also they could e-mail you and ask to borrow something from your wardrobe, and you could do the same to them...

What do you think?
    Hey if you're into the really heavy baggy trousers, tramps got loads of em! I'm sure he wouldn't mind borrowing them to you!!

Sounds like a great plan. Only, I'm not sure that many web hosts offer enough space for photos of my entire wardrobe at an affordable rate, let alone anyone else's as well.

And if you were thinking of putting shoes on there as well ...

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by Tessalicious
    Sounds like a great plan. Only, I'm not sure that many web hosts offer enough space for photos of my entire wardrobe at an affordable rate, let alone anyone else's as well.

And if you were thinking of putting shoes on there as well ...

I was going to say, yeah, great idea but I don't think I could possibly fit my entire wardrobe on it! Impossible. And shoes? Gosh too many of those too!

Glitter Queen

OK, so maybe it was a bad idea

Donna

OK, so maybe it was a bad idea
    Well you would have to limit the amount you put on there. Say like 20 items per week. Scrap those than put some new ones up.

{snip} lots of stuff about clothes and fashion {/snip}
    What do you think?
    I'm thinking I'm clearly not a girl!

Planet Wacko (a now motorised world of my own):)

What do you think?
    I am sure we would find a way to abuse the system

have a profile stating the sizes of your clothes etc.
    Not sure I would want everyone knowing this info about me....unless I were in a position to post that all my size X clothes were now too big !

Quote Originally Posted by Donna
    I was going to say, yeah, great idea but I don't think I could possibly fit my entire wardrobe on it! Impossible. And shoes? Gosh too many of those too!
    The WWW ain't big enough for all Mrs Par's dresses..... help She'll have to sell some

Glitter Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks
    Not sure I would want everyone knowing this info about me....unless I were in a position to post that all my size X clothes were now too big !
    I completely agree.. but I would also not be inclined to let 'just anybody' view my profile and pictures - so I guess there would have to be some logging-on system whereby you can only view someone's profile and pictures if you have the correct password(s), i.e. so you can choose who sees this information about yourself...

Registered User johnthehappyguy's Avatar

I had thought of a simpler idea, and might even do it when I have nothing else to do !

Prior to me getting my house presentable for seling, i had most of my dance clothes hanging from " a long rail " in one of my rooms. that was fine - i could see everything at a glance.

now I have them hanging in three different rooms, Which is a bit of a drag.

It would be handy to photograph each of them, and then print all of the trousers out on one page etc.

This would be a lot quicker than hunting all over the house to remind me what I had.

I guess it would be handy if it was on-line too, as then others could advise me what not to wear ( apparently i haver made the odd fashion faux paus )

John

It occurred to me this morning that more than half of the stuff I've black-bagged for the charity shop is ex-dancing clothes (including 2 pairs of never worn dancing shoes). What if we took unwanted stuff to a weekender and dumped it all in a box which anyone could rake through (if they had the inclination), taking whatever caught their eye?

Glitter Queen

That's a great idea - or maybe they could leave a small donation and we could give the money to charity?

It occurred to me this morning that more than half of the stuff I've black-bagged for the charity shop is ex-dancing clothes (including 2 pairs of never worn dancing shoes). What if we took unwanted stuff to a weekender and dumped it all in a box which anyone could rake through (if they had the inclination), taking whatever caught their eye?
    There is a lady called Jane (no, this is not a limerick) who turns up at various weekenders and offers for sale large racks of "pre-loved" dance clothing. If she sells any of the clothes that you have placed with her she sends you a cheque for the proceeds (minus her fee, of course).

If anyone is interested I will find the contact details for Jane after I return from the Camber weekender and post it here.

I don't want any money for my stuff, but others might.

So:

1 Where to put the box.
    2 Which charity to donate to - any ideas CJ?
    3 What do we do with the stuff left in the box - bin it or does someone take responsibility for taking it to a local charity shop?
    4 If you see me wearing any of your old stuff, please don't tell me.

Er...which charity shop were you thinking of sending the dance shoes to?

Omnipotent Moderatrix (LMC)

What about putting a list (or even pics) up online somewhere where things might catch the eye? I mean, for those who didn't manage to get weekender tickets :sob:

Sparkles I like your idea too, but am not sure how one would cope on those 'fat' days...

Quote Originally Posted by Emma
    What about putting a list (or even pics) up online somewhere where things might catch the eye? I mean, for those who didn't manage to get weekender tickets :sob:

Sparkles I like your idea too, but am not sure how one would cope on those 'fat' days...
    No point in me taking photos - they're being dumped because they don't fit any more.
    I'd also rather not publically admit what size I used to be
    PM me if you'd like a list

The shoes are silver and size 3.

Franck has kindly agreed to let us have a "Trash/Treasure Box" at the BFG if anyone would like to take part.

Thread Information