Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Floorcraft and Muggles

TiggsTours

Re: Floorcraft and Muggles

Quote Originally Posted by Ceroc Jock
    TT,

I didn't have you down as a "Mosher"!! (ask Baruch!!! )
    OK, what's a "Mosher?"

someone who "mosh"es

Long hair preferable, but optional.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget
    someone who "mosh"es
    Often in a moshpit.

This is not a complaint about muggles and floorcraft rather it is a "why do they do that" said in a perplexed manner.

I was at a family wedding and pretty much everyone else was a muggle. There was a small amount of wooden dance floor in the middle of a room which was carpeted everywhere else.

People would stand on the carpet with bottles of beer or glasses of wine in hand and listen to see if they liked the next song that the band was playing. If they liked it they would walk onto the wooden floor, oblivious that someone else was already standing there and had to be pushed out of the way, with drink in hand and then stand there with feet more or less glued to the spot (often from the residue of spilt drink) and jiggle up and down with some swaying side to side.

My "why do they do that" bit of puzzlement came from the observation that there was nothing that they were doing on the wooden dance floor that they couldn't have done on the carpet (or even if they were up to their ankles in set concrete). Is it some sort of "I am on the dance floor therefore I am dancing" along with "I am dancing on the spot therefore all other people will now have to stop moving".

On a non muggle note. Late in the evening when the floor was getting more empty I was dancing with my partner when an experienced dancer of 10 years walked straight across the middle of the dance floor, in the middle of a track, and directly behind me so when I performed a rock step I ended up stepping on her. It was like 10 years of dancing had taught them nothing about dance floor ettiquete or even self preservation.

My idea of bad floorcraft reared its ugly head again last night.I say again because the same guy has done it 3 times in as many weeks and it isn't as if he or his partners don't know any better.
    He starts to dance at the edge of the floor(I think he likes to showboot a bit to those that will watch) and then decides to take his partner,conga style,straight thro the centre to the other side of what is a fair sized floor.
    It really does annoy me,to the point that as he passed last night,after exchanging pleasantries,I did shout out 'floorcraft' but it was just greeted with a laugh and a shrug of the shoulders.

Thread Information