Thread: Travelling to the Ceroc Champs

Travelling to the Ceroc Champs

Decided to start a new thread so this didn't get lost in the flame wars over phone books and washing powders in the main Champs thread.

I am planning to attend the Champs again this year just to watch and maybe do some freestyling (felt too inexperienced when I went last year to ask anyone for a dance ). However the travel last year was a pain in the backside as we drove to High Barnet then tubed across to Hammersmith. the tube took 1 hour there (which was without delay) and 2 hours back due to northern line delays. So, I wondered if anyone could advise on a better way to get there from Cambridge direction? I am guessing parking is pretty much non-existent around Hammersmith.

Robert

Donna

Re: Travelling to the Ceroc Champs

Quote Originally Posted by robd
    Decided to start a new thread so this didn't get lost in the flame wars over phone books and washing powders in the main Champs thread.

I am planning to attend the Champs again this year just to watch and maybe do some freestyling (felt too inexperienced when I went last year to ask anyone for a dance ). However the travel last year was a pain in the backside as we drove to High Barnet then tubed across to Hammersmith. the tube took 1 hour there (which was without delay) and 2 hours back due to northern line delays. So, I wondered if anyone could advise on a better way to get there from Cambridge direction? I am guessing parking is pretty much non-existent around Hammersmith.

Robert
    I couldn't give you directions from there sorry, but we're doing it again!! Can't wait! It's pretty hectic getting to hammersmith whereever your coming from (esp north) Hope you manage it ok anyhow.

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Not exactly from Cambridge but Emma Pettit usually runs a coach picking up at Northampton and Milton Keynes if thats any help. (although why i should help you i'm not quite sure )

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella
    Not exactly from Cambridge but Emma Pettit usually runs a coach picking up at Northampton and Milton Keynes
    Not sure I'd want to mingle with people from Milton Keynes - have heard they can be a scary bunch

Donna

Not sure I'd want to mingle with people from Milton Keynes - have heard they can be a scary bunch

One I know in particular, IS!!!

Robert
    Given the hell of parking in previous years last year I decided to park a 10 min walk away . Parking was realtively simple no restrictions (quadruple checked)

Its probably worth it ,as lets face if you do find a space nearby their likely to tow you away or could be driving around for ages to find a space

ll PM with some ideas but dont knick my space

Cant guarantee there have been no restrictions in place since last year of course but ill try again this year in same area

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38
    Given the hell of parking in previous years last year I decided to park a 10 min walk away . Parking was realtively simple no restrictions (quadruple checked)

Its probably worth it ,as lets face if you do find a space nearby their likely to tow you away or could be driving around for ages to find a space

ll PM with some ideas but dont knick my space

Cant guarantee there have been no restrictions in place since last year of course but ill try again this year in same area
    This is one good reason not to go down by car. Train is just so much more hassle free.

I really fail to understand why people get so stressed out about driving into and parking in London.

It's incredibly simple if you just read the signs.

All of the residential side streets off the Shepherd's Bush Road - north of the venue - are fine for parking in on a Sunday. Pay & Display bays, residents bays and single yellow lines are all safe. There is not a single Controlled Parking Zone in the local borough (Hammersmith & Fulham) that operates on a Sunday.

As Stewart has said, all you have to do is park at most a 10 minute walk away.

I'm not sure where you live, but there are usually coaches outside the palais that have come from all different parts of the country. If you can find out who is organising the one that starts from the location nearest to you, then maybe you can tag on with them.

ooooooooohhh you had better watch it... We are lovely to mingle with.. hope you dont mean me!!

next time I see you, I am gonna spin you silly !!

TiggsTours

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox
    I really fail to understand why people get so stressed out about driving into and parking in London.

All of the residential side streets off the Shepherd's Bush Road - north of the venue - are fine for parking in on a Sunday. Pay & Display bays, residents bays and single yellow lines are all safe. There is not a single Controlled Parking Zone in the local borough (Hammersmith & Fulham) that operates on a Sunday.

I've always driven to the Ceroc champs, and never had any problem at all parking, usually within a 2 minute walk! Its on a Sunday, so there aren't parking restrictions anywhere really, apart from Tesco's car park, you can park really easily in the street.

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by TiggsTours

I've always driven to the Ceroc champs, and never had any problem at all parking, usually within a 2 minute walk! Its on a Sunday, so there aren't parking restrictions anywhere really, apart from Tesco's car park, you can park really easily in the street.
    Yes I'd have thought there would be no problems parking on a Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox

NOOOOOOOO your taking my spaces away . All go by train pleaseeeee

Quote Originally Posted by Donna
    This is one good reason not to go down by car. Train is just so much more hassle free.

Unfortunately ceroc finishes after the the tube lines close, ill have a word with Red Ken

Donna

Unfortunately ceroc finishes after the the tube lines close, ill have a word with Red Ken :respect
    :

Eh? Last year we had no problem but that's because we got a lift with Phil & Yuko to a party in Acton.... (something I'll always remember!) Lory was a little tipsy while Dale was shaking his ass around the place. Had some lovely dances with sheepman and Franck. Great night! Hope we can do it again this year!!!! ANY BIG PARTIES GOING AFTER THE CEROC CHAMPS??????

:

Eh? Last year we had no problem but that's because we got a lift with Phil & Yuko to a party in Acton.... (something I'll always remember!) Lory was a little tipsy while Dale was shaking his ass around the place. Had some lovely dances with sheepman and Franck. Great night! Hope we can do it again this year!!!! ANY BIG PARTIES GOING AFTER THE CEROC CHAMPS??????

More After Parties? Cool!

Only been to one after party so far - the Blackpool one just gone, with the Bristol/Cardiff crowd. I went off early - and ended up missing out on a crazy night. Will try not to do that again!

Starting to look forward to Hammersmith now!

:

ok for those of us who have no friends is finishes at 12.30 ??

those that do it finsishes much later

do you still want me to have a word with Ken ?

Donna

ok for those of us who have no friends is finishes at 12.30 ??

those that do it finsishes much later

do you still want me to have a word with Ken ?
    Who is this Ken?

Quote Originally Posted by TiggsTours

Now i was thinking 10 mins was a good thing

Measuring up patio to see if neighbour will fit under it

Now i was thinking 10 mins was a good thing

Now i hope you are not being rude?

I have never found it hard to park either

Thread Information