I received the following email from the Jazz festival organizers. Unfortunately I will be away this week-end, but some of you might be interested in taking part as it sounds like a fun thing to do and be part of...

Franck.

Calling all belly, line, ballroom, swing, flamenco, morris, tap, disco, latin, barn and ballet dancers, in fact anyone who can move and shake their thing! We want everyone from young to old to come dance the afternoon away for a salsa extravaganza.

The Royal Bank Glasgow Jazz Festival is now hunting for 1,000 people to take part in a World Record attempt for most couples dancing on Saturday 29 June in GlasgowÕs George Square. This takes place as part of three days of live music and events at the Royal Bank Stage in George Square from Friday 28 - Sunday 30 June.

The aim is to have 500 couples in the same place, at the same time, dancing the same salsa steps for 5 minutes, but you donÕt need to be an expert! A salsa teacher will run a 20 minute class prior to the attempt.

If you are interested in participating in the World Record attempt please contact Gillian Wood at the Royal Bank Glasgow Jazz Festival on 0141 552 3552 or email glasgow@jazzfest.co.uk

I wish to take part in the Royal Bank Glasgow Jazz Festival 2002 World Salsa Dancing Record Attempt on Saturday 29 June at 3pm in George Square.