Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your favourite dance tunes!

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Re: Your favourite dance tunes!

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi
    That's a shame... I'm getting bored of dancing to Van Morrison... Especially Brown Eyed Girl...
    Really? I can't remember the last time I heard that one, either
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_4711
    I just love Van Morrison's Moondance,
    me too! love dancing to it

Up to last year I didn't know that guy ( although I did hear his songs before) and when I realised he was the one singing 'moondance', I went straight to HMV and bought a full album from him, just to hear more of that stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Donna
    WHO SAID THAT??!!!
    Sorry, nothing personal.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

That's a shame... I'm getting bored of dancing to Van Morrison... Especially Brown Eyed Girl...
    Oh, go on, rub it in ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Caro

Up to last year I didn't know that guy ( although I did hear his songs before) and when I realised he was the one singing 'moondance', I went straight to HMV and bought a full album from him, just to hear more of that stuff!
    Similarly for me. I'd heard the name but he'd made no impression on me before I started MJ'ing. Then I happened to hear 'Precious Time' on the kitchen radio and I was twirling away before I knew it. That's real music - it hits you first time.

I agree with All that Jaz, but I have to admit I sometimes miss the breaks.......

Quote Originally Posted by Caro re Van Morrison
    Up to last year I didn't know that guy ( although I did hear his songs before)
    Yeah, I keep failing to recognise him as well... (he's sometimes in a coffee shop near my work.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn

Yeah, I keep failing to recognise him as well... (he's sometimes in a coffee shop near my work.)
    Coffee shop, huh ???

Especially Brown Eyed Girl...
    Yeah, got to agree with you there. I've never really liked that song much anyway, though I've danced to it loads of times (mainly because, for some inexplicable reason, my wife absolutely loves it).

I do like Precious Time and Moondance, though they also tend to be a little overplayed at times.

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by steamroc
    I agree with All that Jaz, but I have to admit I sometimes miss the breaks.......
    This is one reason I love this track so much - loads of breaks. You can just play around with it! Great fun!

What I find funny about it when it's being played is that Steve doesn't know the track so well, and so I'm the one that has to keep saying " here we go! another drop or something.....DAMN MISSED IT!"

Baby Likes to Rock It by The Tractors. Took me ages to find out what this song was and have only ever heard it at Ceroc but this is the one I cannot sit out for.

Quote Originally Posted by anniehb

Baby Likes to Rock It by The Tractors. Took me ages to find out what this song was and have only ever heard it at Ceroc but this is the one I cannot sit out for.
    Hey, that's Country. Think I'm the only other one to have admitted being partial to a little of that ;-)

Recently, I've got a thing for Michael Jackson's Billie Jean, and in particular, The Way You Make Me Feel.

And I'm sick of Brown Eyed Girl. I have had that song thrown at me since early secondary school *rolls eyes*

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard
    Hey, that's Country. Think I'm the only other one to have admitted being partial to a little of that ;-)

Hate to admit this, but I used to do a linedance to that! Can't stand the record anymore!

Ok, one that always makes me shoot off my chair and rugby tackle the nearest decent man into a dance is Played Alive (The bongo song) by Safriduo. Another equally bouncy and criminally underplayed tune is Push Up by The Freestylers.

As for old style dancey music Latin Lover by Lemon is always good fun. I like the way you Move and of corse Fire is great for rampant naughtyness - ditto anything by Touch and go.

I like the one were it sounds like shes singing "my big Mr Sheen" and saying how bella bell and vunderbar he is. Does anyone know who this is.

Sad to say Van the Man is getting a bit overplayed, and Save the Last dance, for godsake - if its not going to be the last song - DJ's please DONT INFLICT THIS ON ME ANYMORE!!!

By the way, anyone prepared to risk slipping a bit of indie guitar in? Jerk it Out by the Ceasers, Bohemium Like You by the Dandy Warhols, Get your Rocks off by Primal Scream, Boys and Girls by Blur? If it makes me dance when I'm in my kitchen why not on the dancefloor?

Quote Originally Posted by Your wife
    I like the one were it sounds like shes singing "my big Mr Sheen" and saying how bella bell and vunderbar he is. Does anyone know who this is.
    "Bei Mir Bist Du Schön" - the version I'm most familiar with is by The Andrews Sisters.

Janis Siegel's Bei Mir Bist Du Schon - great song, but quite challenging with the really slow middle then really fast end - I love it!
    Bohemium Like You by the Dandy Warhols
    I've been thinking about slipping this one in somewhere, but I don't think my lot are quite ready for it yet. Only for a group willing and able to try something a bit different I think.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythm King
    "Bei Mir Bist Du Schön" - the version I'm most familiar with is by The Andrews Sisters.
    What about Benny Goodman from the 1938 Carnegie hall concert (gets way to weird for MJ towards the end when BG goes all Klezmer but it's just knockout.

Alternatively try Lee Presson & The Nails version spelled "Bai Mir Bist Du Schön" has more of a 50s latin feel - too fast for MJ though

My contribution for a Jiveable track would be "The way she shakes that thang" by Earl Thomas. Lots of fun & a winner for WCS & Lindy (at a pinch) as well

Quote Originally Posted by anniehb
    Yup - I like that one too!!

Bohemium Like You by the Dandy Warhols
    Heard this at Rochester last week for the first time (well, not first time I heard it, just first time at a Ceroc venue!!) - nice surprise - love the song and great to dance to too!!!

And Nat King Cole's wonderful Let There Be Love goes down well with me, as does The Maddest Kind Of Love (can't remember who that's by at the moment) and (don't know what it's called but I'm presuming from the lyrics ...) At The Strip

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard

Nope, there are 2 of us. Another one guarenteed to get you bopping round your kitchen is the Texas Tornadoes singing Is Anybody Going to San Antone?

Daisy

(A West Country Flower)

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Chain

Nope, there are 2 of us. Another one guarenteed to get you bopping round your kitchen is the Texas Tornadoes singing Is Anybody Going to San Antone?

Daisy

(A West Country Flower)
    Ah, nice to have some congenial company to accompany me round the kitchen floor. A nice happy sound that one, and well remembered.

Thread Information