Thread: Glasgow Party

Commercial Operator

Glasgow Party

Well!! made a last minute decision to go to the Glasgow party last night. Must admit, I wasn't sure about the Uni as a party venue before I went, but, no problems, it was Fab. After a few dances in the main room, I migrated - surprise surprise- to the Latin & Blues room, and stayed there all night ...I like this room, and last night I loved the music. Big thanks to Tiggerbabe for a fantastic set ..and to all the lovely ladies I danced with....Aleks, Tiggerbabe, Peaches, Janet, Isabelle, Ruth, Roz, and of course the ever lovely Irene ( Mrs DD) It was nice to have a night off DJing and being able to dance all night. I'm not normally a fan of the upstairs hall in the uni, but it was nice to just have to walk accross the landing to get between the two rooms ( not that I moved much, Blues room is where I stayed all night)....Looking forward to DJing the Latin & Blues room on 1st April.I'll have to be on top form to match last nights music

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Re: Glasgow Party

sounds like i am going to have to come across and see this! Glad it was a hit!

I also had a really fab night at the party last night. I was worried that the blues room would split the best dancers (as seemingly happened in Hammersmith) and would involve lots of trekking up and down the stairs, so, like Dance Demon, was quite glad we were all on the same level, and sorry to say, but also quite glad that the blues room wasn't very busy.

You can read about my night, as ever, on my blog.

BTW, anyone fancy a lollypop?
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dance Demon
    Looking forward to DJing the Latin & Blues room on 1st April
    Bit unfair though, as I'll be in the main room and won't be able to pop over for a dance (although that means I might get a dance with Ducasi )

Have to agree, the two rooms in the Uni is just a fab set-up for the party, and the Reading Room is perfect for the Latin & Blues room It has a lovely atmosphere and is just the right size.
    It's great that people can just walk across the landing and decide where they want to dance. Mind you those big leather seats are lethal, once you sit in them you can't get out again

Although it wasn't so busy last night, I'm sure the 2nd room will soon be buzzing as people get to know about it and try it out for themselves.
    I had some fabulous dances last night, especially the last one, an "incredibly serious" Assasin's Tango with Doc Martin

Special thanks to all of my boys, who helped me downstairs with the equipment and just to let you know, someone had put the other cable in my bag
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

The Forum Legend

Had a good night. Nice sitting out and watching, since I wasn't feeling that great.

Only regret is that I didn't get a chance to dance in the blues/latin room. Or a dance with the Tiggerbabe

oh my god wot a night fabby!!!!!!!
    cant wait till the next one it was nice 2 see all the faces from up north im not gonna mention names cauz i know ill forget sum1 nd thats not fair so like ppl from aberdden dundee and perth! had some fab dances with trampy sorry 2 say but we r gettin better
    jammy

The Forum Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jammy
    oh my god wot a night fabby!!!!!!!
    cant wait till the next one it was nice 2 see all the faces from up north im not gonna mention names cauz i know ill forget sum1 nd thats not fair so like ppl from aberdden dundee and perth! had some fab dances with trampy sorry 2 say but we r gettin better
    jammy
    Can anyone provide a translation please??

Did he have a good time?

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp
    Did he have a good time?
    Yup, he did! I think "fabby" still means "fabby"
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbabe
    Mind you those big leather seats are lethal, once you sit in them you can't get out again

and just to let you know, someone had put the other cable in my bag

Had a good time on Saturday, enjoyed the wee class at the start, if only because I got to have Jamie wiggle in front of me a few times . ..

Was great to see the folks from Edinburgh, Perth and even a wee piglet from Dundee at the party - thanks guys!

lx

Thread Information