Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: spinning

Re: spinning

Quote Originally Posted by Yliander
    this is because when you hold your tummy in you are activating your core muscles and hence create some core stability

where your head goes the rest of your body will follow - and where your eyes look your head will go - so look up (this also helps with keeping stable, and helping to engage core muscles)
    Go Pilates Rah! (hehehe)

Registered User Tazmanian Devil's Avatar

Lots of good advise poste already

when I first started practicing my spins i would do it on a kitchen/lamenant flooring without shoes on just socks for extra slipp!!

Allow your hands to follow you round this enhances the spin and lastly when practicing it is normally easier if you just tuck youur elevated foot into your heel (to the inside of your heel) this also helps with balance.

Stand infront of a soft inanimate object eg a plush chair. Close your eyes and slowly turn around. Try to feel where the chair is and when you’ve come back around to face it. The idea is to spot the position of the chair internally. Carefully practice this with spinning ¼ turn, half turn and build your way up.

Brake early. Instead of finishing your spin at a full turn, start braking with your trailing foot a little early. The effect is you do a spin full speed, but do the last 30 degrees at half speed. This lets you do a very graceful presentation of your arm and for follows means that if something’s happened to the lead, you’re still safe, rather than off balance because you were relying on their opposing force to stop/steady you.

Cheat. (I think this description is right. Tell me if it doesn't make sense) Stand up normally both feet together. Place you right foot to the left of you left foot so your right big toe is touching your left little toe and your feet are at right angles (or close enough so it’s comfortable). You should find it really easy to do a half turn to your right from this position You’ll end up facing the opposite direction, right foot flat on the floor, left foot on tiptoes. Now stand in the standard Ceroc right foot one step back pose. Turn you left foot 90 degrees to the right. Do the same as above, but stay on tip toes and you should find you can do a 360 turn ending up with your right foot in front pointing forwards to about 1 o’clock and left foot behind pointing to about 3 o’clock

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmanian Devil
    Allow your hands to follow you round this enhances the spin
    and also prevents
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov
    Four is 'Heh heh. I'll put her in a spin and I can brush her tits as they go past...'
    Have fun,
    Christopher

Thread Information