Thread: Bathroom blues

Bathroom blues

Recently I embarked on having a new bathroom fitted. It hasn't gone well. I now have got bathroom water dripping out of the plug things of the new bath and water running down my external wall where the pipe that connects the plug to the down pipe has popped out. I only have my toilet in my on suite so my son and his mates when they come in from the pub are suitably inconvenienced if I have already retired for the night. I dread to think how they relieve themselves fortunately the neighbors haven't complained yet!

Fortunately I haven't paid the guy yet and will get a suitable revenge brother being a trading standards officer and son now working for TS in admin.

However I am in much need of the support of my forumite friends as my colleagues are tired and bored by the story. So can you please send me some REP with a suitably cheery by line. Those who can manage a rhyming coupled will be published with a credit. All contributions will be acknowledged by reciprocal rep (grade 3 and rising)

You can't say fairer than that.

If you have any other stories of builders blues PM them to those who responded to the suicide thread where you will get a genuinely empathetic response, counseling but probably no additional rep.

If you are suitably shallow post your horror story here and we will reward you with rep positive or negative depending on how little or much you amuse us.

Re: Bathroom blues

ahhh rep on its way
    Last edited by philsmove; 27th-July-2007 at 04:45 PM.

Oooooh, really wish I hadn't read this thread.

I need to get my bathroom done - the old and non-functional shower is seized - I can't get the b****y thing off the wall. Plus it's illegally fitted as there's no non-return valve on it. So I'm depending on baths and sticking my head under the sink mixer tap to wash my hair.

Must get around to finding someone who can do the job - but obviously NOT the same person Diana has used!

Sorry to hear of your traumas Diana, well done for rising above it enough to treat with humour and hope you get it sorted soon

Top rap of the moment:-
    "Plumber left your bathroom done in.
    Find his garden, send your son in!" Baruch

Sorted job done Saturday nights the night

Originally Posted by Martin
    "My bathroom is buggered so what can I do
    The plan works ok, unless my son wants a poo
    Lend him the car, that would work more or less
    Go round to the plumbers house and give it your best".

Martin

Wey hey Martin that so made me laugh!!! And gave me a little more inspiration

The bathrooms in floods,
    the teas on the stairs,
    I'm off out dancing,
    cas nobody cares.

I've drunk all the drink,
    I've moaned and I've cried,
    So S*d the bathroom,
    I'm getting a life!

If only you had this plumber, you might not be so glum

Don't talk to me about bathroom blues!!! Although I only have my hubby to blame, not a plumber ...

We have 2 non-functional bathrooms - downstairs, a shower room with loo. We are on our second shower unit, which doesn't work because there some kind of crud that comes through the pipes and blocks it all up; approximately 3 years ago hubby decided to redecorate so took up the flooring, took off all the tiles ... and left it! So we have a concrete shell!! In the process the light fitting got broken, so no light either, oh and the taps in the sink don't work. So basically, we have a dark, cold (guess what, radiator doesn't work either!) concrete toilet, which, because it hardly gets used, is now a store room!

Upstairs, bath with shower attachment and loo ... about a year or so ago we decided to replace the carpet left by the previous owners and put down some vinyl ... well, it got onto the floor, but it's not finished off round the edges, and consequently the bath side-panel has been removed and standing in the downstairs 'bathroom' ever since. Then there is no hot water pressure and so it just kind of dribbles out, and it takes an hour (literally) to run a bath, and you can't use the shower attachment to actually shower because when the bath was installed they left a gap of about 6 inches between the bath and the wall at that end, so the water would just disappear down that! Plus of course, it would be cold because there isn't enough pressure in the hot for it to work! And the radiator doesn't work (in fact the heating system is a bit b*****ed altogether, the only three radiators which do work are in the bedrooms - I suppose that's some kind of blessing!). And the light doesn't work, so we either have candle light, or put the landing light on and leave the door open!!

It's great in our house when guests come round and want to use the loo!! Thankfully that doesn't happen often!

Thread Information