Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: By way of introduction...

The Perfect Woman!
    Hey Doc Iain,
    Just wanted to say - FAB dances tonight... thanx

Will miss you over the next two months
    , have a great time, and keep us all posted on the dancing that side of the world...

Bon Voyage...

Ceroc Teacher
    Hi Foxy , did'nt make it last night , how was it ?

Sgt Billco.

The Perfect Woman!
    Originally posted by BillCo
    Hi Foxy , did'nt make it last night , how was it ?

Sgt Billco.
    Well, darling, without your good self, it wasn't quite the same......

I nontheless danced for most of the night in my normal flirty fashion, and retired to the pub for more of the same !!

Actually crowd wise it was quite quiet - did people know you weren't going to be there...?.
    None of your harem turned up..

Ceroc Teacher
    See you next week for a boogie ?

Where is Doc going ?

Sgt Billco.

The Perfect Woman!
    Originally posted by BillCo
    See you next week for a boogie ?

Where is Doc going ?

Sgt Billco.

Without question! and a pub sess. as well I hope..

He's off to 'Vanuatu' (is that how you spell it ??), islands sonewhere east of NZ I believe... Then NZ for while..
    He's not back for 2 months

Foxy...

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    Official Off Topic Warning

Will people not introducing themselves! please refrain from posting to the Introduce Yourself thread without at least a holiday snap of them cuddling a stuffed donkey in a sombrero or a friendly greek waiter.

All unfriendly greek waiter pics should be posted in Take it outside.

Hi I’m Martin,

part-time/semi-retired dance teacher

Started “LeRoc” 10 years ago in Worthing/Brighton having previously had a go at ballroom and latin dancing for 2 years
    Started teaching 7 years ago

I moved to Australia in 1999 and I still teach the occasional workshops / lessons. Some of you may have caught one of my lessons in Camber May 2003.
    I’m sure if you were there you will have caught the team cabaret I did with N&N, Nicky&Robert in the bright orange shirts.

My “addiction” since living in Sydney has been team dance routines of which I have now learnt 24 different routines, which are great fun – especially the wonderful interaction with the other dancers in the team (and of course the obligatory drinks after practice).

My absolute favourite is dancing to challenging music with varying tempos and breaks.

Originally posted by Martin
    Hi I’m Martin,

part-time/semi-retired dance teacher

Started “LeRoc” 10 years ago in Worthing/Brighton having previously had a go at ballroom and latin dancing for 2 years
    Started teaching 7 years ago

I moved to Australia in 1999 and I still teach the occasional workshops / lessons. Some of you may have caught one of my lessons in Camber May 2003.
    I’m sure if you were there you will have caught the team cabaret I did with N&N, Nicky&Robert in the bright orange shirts.

My “addiction” since living in Sydney has been team dance routines of which I have now learnt 24 different routines, which are great fun – especially the wonderful interaction with the other dancers in the team (and of course the obligatory drinks after practice).

My absolute favourite is dancing to challenging music with varying tempos and breaks.
    Oh, THAT Martin! Hello you! You were partnered with Adrianna in the cabaret, yes? She's lovely - danced with my partner, Marc, quite a bit. Lovely to meet you (if you can call it 'meeting' over the internet). Great class at Camber!
    Rachel

Originally posted by Rachel
    Oh, THAT Martin! Hello you! You were partnered with Adrianna in the cabaret, yes? She's lovely - danced with my partner, Marc, quite a bit. Lovely to meet you (if you can call it 'meeting' over the internet). Great class at Camber!
    Rachel
    Yes I am THAT Martin, hey this "By way of introduction" is obviously a good thread for us to get to know who is "on line".

Adriana did kindly offer to make the long trip to the UK and was good enough to put in the hours to learn the routine and the classes for Camber.

Glad you liked the class

Did you do the Advanced class or the Ariels class?

Hi All, my name is fruitcake, I too do not hide behind an alias, I am Fruitcake by name and Fruitcake by nature.
    Unfortunately that is my second name , my first is Hazel.
    Hazel Fruitcake?
    Praps not.
    Anyway franck, this is a brilliant idea,so I can see who's who, cos I am relatively new to Ceroc, ( months) was in a long term relationship when I started Cerocing (cos My partner wouldnt go anywhere or take me anywhere, nag nag nag) then I was promptly dumped when he couldnt handle me dancing (or even speaking!!) to other guys.
    His loss i say.
    I tend to look at the forum at work mainly cos i don't have time at home-too busy enjoying life to the full, what with the cooking, cleaning etc.
    Work in a Call centre Some evenings, work as a dialyis nurse some days, and will be a Student at University(sorry-doesnt one say'Uni' to sound withit) doing German in Feb. so if anyone sprechens gut Deutch I would love to hear from them.
    I really need to get that Afghan Coat and clogs- do they still wear them?Love cats to bits,but my beloved pets stupidly sit on the bend of the road and get run over-all three- no more-Ive cried enough tears for them...sniff!
    I enjoy Ceroc VERY much and everyone is very friendly.I especially enjoy fast clubby type music, or slower if i'm dancing with a good dancer.
    Bit of a Red Dwarf, Hitch Hikers guide and Star Wars fan, other wise I'm normal.

Talking Greetings from Solihull !

Hello all,

I've been dancing for precisely 2 weeks.

My name is Liz, I live in Solihull, and I'm 35. Ok, now we've got the niceties out the way, on to the real stuff.

I was dragged into the cult of ceroc, kicking and screaming by the lovely Emma. She's out to conquer the world, it would seem.

I had my first lesson last week and was absolutely dreadful. I mean really bad. Problem with me, see, is that I lack timing, co-ordination, rythym, grace and a left and a right foot. (I have two of the left ones, it would seem).

It's going to be a real uphill struggle for me. I had to be talked down by my lovely boyfriend from leaving in tears. Once I had been talked down, and did the beginners workshop with the taxi dancers (god bless their feet) I enjoyed it (slightly).

At some point or other, I'll copy the posts I've made on my livejournal (http://www.livejournal.com/users/rougeforever) over here so you can see in detail what I'm going through. (Have a look at the last couple of Thursdays if you're interested).

This week went much better. Don't get me wrong, I still can't dance, or anything approximating dance, but I can at least walk through a couple of the moves ...s l o w l y, and sometimes even hit a beat (usually accidentaly).

Anyone else here dance at Solihull (Landrover) ?

Omnipotent Moderatrix (LMC)
    Hey Liz - welcome to the forum!

Re: Greetings from Solihull !

Originally posted by Rougeforever
    Hello all,
    Hi Liz !! Welcome !!
    I had my first lesson last week and was absolutely dreadful. I mean really bad. Problem with me, see, is that I lack timing, co-ordination, rythym, grace and a left and a right foot. (I have two of the left ones, it would seem).
    Sounds like you're normal to me
    Once I had been talked down, and did the beginners workshop with the taxi dancers (god bless their feet) I enjoyed it (slightly).
    Wow. You enjoyed it?????

That's pretty good for a first Ceroc night. You'll be fine

Keep at it.

Chris

Unregistered
    Hi Liz,
    Well done, and welcome to the forum. Me and Nessie usually go to solihull for freestyles and can often be seen selling shoes out and about the midlands.
    I'm glad your enjoying your first few lessons. Keep at it and it wont be long before you get addicted like the rest of us sad forum regulars.
    Keep your eye out for us at the next Solihull freestyle ask any of the crew who we are and don't hessitate to ask me for a dance.

Happy Dancing
    Alf and Vanessa

I cant believe I posted without logging in.
    This is me

Re: Greetings from Solihull !

Originally posted by Rougeforever
    Problem with me, see, is that I lack timing, co-ordination, rythym, grace and a left and a right foot. (I have two of the left ones, it would seem).
    "I have two left feet"
    "So had Fred and Ginger"

Just found this thread recently and thought I ought to formally introduce myself even tho' I am now a 'senior member'!!!

I have been learning MJ for about 7 years now (maybe 8). I know it doesn't look like it Have also been dabbling in Lindy and WCS. Would also love to learn some ballroom - cha cha, rumba and other latin stuff. I love doing competitions because I have met some great people around the UK in the process, and it helps me to improve my dancing skills (I hope). It also gives me something to gossip about.

I love checking out the forum, but hate it because it eats up so much of my time when I should be getting on with more useful things!!!

The rest of my life - well, you wouldn't want to know about it, and I'll keep it a short post.

Happy dancing.

M

Introducing........Gareth

I`m pretty new to this Forum and this is a great way to learn who all you guys are. Abit about me:

I started dancing at the age of 6 with the promise of a bag of chips (amazing how ease it was to bribe me in those days). I started dancing Ballroom and Latin Americain. As time progressed this was extended to include Old Time and Modern Sequence. I have done medalist work in all these dance types.I have competed first at junior and juvenile levels and later open adult competitions.

Highlights:
    A bucket load of medals and plaques as a kid
    Old Time Medalist of the year at Blackpool, 1996 Runnerup Latin Americain Medalist of the year at Blackpool, 1996
    Qualifying for Champions of Tomorrow Competition, Blackpool, 1997

I had stopped dancing for a year, when my sister suggested going to a LeRoc class in Cardiff run by Mark Wilson and Jenn White. I have been doing LeRoc for 4 years. I now dance and teach at Trinity LeRoc at BAWA, Bristol, with fantastic support from Dave & Kat.

Highlights:

Intermediate semi- finalist for LEROC2001 Championship
    Intermediate semi- finalist for C2D Blackpool,2001 and 2002
    South-west challenge finalist 2002
    Winning DWAS competitions @ Elmgrove 2001 & 2003
    Quarter-finals Intermediate Britroc 2004
    Showcase entry @ Britroc 2004

I hope to see you all at Blackpool.

Thumbs up

My name is Claire (someone else blagged that username)and I started Ceroc in Glasgow about 6 weeks ago, so I really am a beginner. Never tried this kind of dancing before and am lovin' it. Don't usually do the chat room bit but thought I'd have a look, for some info. Work as a psychiatric nurse so tend to listen/look, more than talk (unless; in the right, in a good mood, in the right, drunk or in the right.) I'm sometimes wrong! Finding the male lead bit difficult, but with my bossy nature, I'm not suprised. Some of the dancers at the Glasgow classes just look amazing - something to aspire to! Hopefully, I will get the hang of it. In the meantime, just enjoying the classes.

OK, this is me

I have been dancing Jive since the summer of 2001, when my cousin took me to ceroc in Salisbury. By the end of the year I was hooked. I live in Cheddar, and I dance mostly in Bristol and Taunton, and do a bit of salsa as well (I tried Tango too, but I think you really need a long term partner for that).

I work as a management consultant, and do a lot of travelling (botswana this month, veitnam next), which is good fun but does rather cut into my dancing time!

I make it to RockBottoms and Hipsters occasionally, and havent yet got onto the competition circuit, though I will have a good go at the local comps in Bristol this year

So, I look forward to meeting some of you, sometime, somewhere!

Nick

Thread Information