Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: By way of introduction...

Have only just found this too....

I am Dan and I am a Ceroc franchisee in Greenwich, London.

I first started dancing about 6 years ago when I was dared by my now father in law...

Got hooked.... mainly on a gorgeous teacher, who shall remain nameless and is not my wife!!

Have been a demo throughout Kent and at various london venues
    and was a taxi dancer for two years.

Can now been found hiding behind the decks...

Commercial Operator
    Originally posted by TheTramp
    You forgot 'Andy the Hooker'.

Steve
    I was trying to forget it

And so was everyone else

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar
    Originally posted by Jive Brummie

Please come and ask me for a dance..... I need the practice!!

Will do You going to Marcos tomorrow?
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Sheena, I'll be there, ready and waiting.

Still haven't tried out many of Adam's smoochy smoochy moves so you might be in luck.... you monkey!!

(P.s. that's on the condition that I can remember them, I don't brake your arm in the process of trying them and FC's not watching!!!)

James. x

Thumbs up

My name is Sbell (hee hee) I've only been dancing for a year or so and am definately a beginner! Enjoy the dancing and would love to learn loads more but stuck in a bit of a rut at present - need new class to renew my enthusiasm I think.

Currently attend classes in Edinburgh either on my own or with friend. Started dancing many years ago (not ceroc tho') and decided to learn ceroc cos my hubby won't learn to dance. I had hoped he might join me at some point but that seems a pipe dream!! Still whenever we go out with our friends my friend and I can get up and boogie!!

Be grateful for any inspirational help from all the peeps out there!

Live long and boogie

Hell, I am Boomer and I am new to this forum. I like, charity work, working with children and I want to save the world and make it a better place for everyone to live, work and play in . I also feel like I am writing a profile for an on-line dating agency (not that I have EVER tried that....more than once ). NOOO!!!!! I’ve just cricked my bloody neck writing this! Does this prevent me from going to class tonight!?!?! Any advice please! Teach me to mock universal harmony and prosperity.

Apart from my recent recent injury, main things of note, I’m a mature student, too fond of red wine who’s just started Ceroc(tm). Can be quite shy:sorry , so any ladies who she a moody looking geezer with a stiff neck at the canteen tonight, be gentle! I haven’t even had my first freestyle yet. That’ll do for this post.

The Perfect Woman!
    Hi , my name is foxy lady (!), and I have been dancing since 1989. I have flirted with salsa and 'texas two step', but jive had been my passion for many years.

I did lindy to begin with, and joined ceroc just to be able to dance with the guys down at the 100 club who could only ceroc. I did a couple of gigs with the jiving lindy hoppers, and was featured in the movie 'swing kids' (it bombed in the UK so I doubt if anyone has seen it). I then cut my dancing right down because my husband didn't like dancing...

I got serious about it again about 2 years ago, but am now mainly doing ceroc - essentially because I found the ceroc crowd much more friendly !!!! even in London

I dance at the Jive bar, Ealing, Hammersmith, the casbar (sp?), once in Norwich (over the summer), and anywhere else that will have me.... Addicted ? me ? nooooo !!!

I also LOVE blues... which I have always done, given a sufficiently able partner, but have only recently discovered it had a name !!

See you on the dance floor

Originally posted by foxylady
    Hi , my name is foxy lady (!)
    and your relationship to basil brush is...?

grant

Well I am Iain, I am a final year medical student based down south here in london. I have been dancing for the last 2 or so years. I started in London and occasionally daventry near northants, and that is basically where I have stayed!! I taxi at Fulham on a tuesday evening with Roy as the teacher.

Always up for a dance so if anyone sees me around (look for orange!) then grab me for a dance!

Ceroc is fab, is has to be, met my better half there! (and she really IS better!, at dancing and everything -she's a vet!)

Hi im Jill, started dancing ceroc 7 months ago in Perth, saw it advertised in the local paper, decided to try it and now im hooked.
    Now dance in Perth and Dundee and will venture to Stirling when it opens. Some people comment i'm getting addicted to ceroc and i think they are right, if miss a class i can't wait for the next class to happen.
    Highlight of my cerocing so far was the Perth weekend, fantastic, the party and especially Adam's cabaret workshop were so good it took me a while to come back down to earth.

Yet another intro..

Well since the forum keeps saying "Welcome to our newest member, ChrisA", I thought I ought to say hi, having found this thread.

In another life I did quite a bit of competition ballroom and latin, and eventually quit after I got fed up with all the backbiting and deadly-serious competitiveness associated with the uni comp scene...

... didn't really dance at all for quite a few years and then discovered Ceroc in London about 5 years ago. Been a taxi dancer in various London venues for about 4 years (Central Club, originally, now Twickenham), but nearly gave up completely about 18 months ago after being on a progress-free plateau for ages. Fortunately I found salvation at Hipsters in Ealing, where the teaching emphasises style, lead/follow and musicality rather more than some Ceroc venues tend to, and I started to improve again.

Since then I've become something of an addict - occasionally I allow myself the luxury of thinking I might finally be doing something right (until for the 2000th time I miss one of the breaks in Nina Simone's 'My baby just cares for me', and then I'm in the doldrums again )

I'm still taxiing, which I get a huge kick out of - I love to see beginners move from totally lacking in confidence and coordination, to believing that they can dance, and then actually really enjoying it.

In that context I have some strong views about the way some beginners are treated by blokes who _think_ they can dance (and then end up manhandling their partners unpleasantly around the floor and/or subjecting them to endless badly-led complicated moves) but I'll save those particular rants for another thread

Hi to anyone out there that knows me.

Chris

Re: Yet another intro..

Originally posted by ChrisA
    Hi to anyone out there that knows me.
    Chris
    and hi to you from those of us who don't

grant

Originally posted by foxylady
    H.........and was featured in the movie 'swing kids' (it bombed in the UK so I doubt if anyone has seen it).
    Was that THE Swing Kids ... based on the Germans kids fight against the Hitler Youth. AWESOME film .... couldn't get in on vid but think I managed to tape it off TV. Some of the best swing dancing I've ever seen ... even my muggle mates were impressed.

Thats one heck of a thing to have on your dance CV!

The Perfect Woman!
    Originally posted by Gus
    Was that THE Swing Kids ... based on the Germans kids fight against the Hitler Youth. AWESOME film .... couldn't get in on vid but think I managed to tape it off TV. Some of the best swing dancing I've ever seen ... even my muggle mates were impressed.

Thats one heck of a thing to have on your dance CV!
    Yep, that was the one... I was the girl throwing the man over her head !! It was FAB experience and I have been dining off it for the past 12 (!!!) years....

I didn't know it had been on TV ? Although I do have the vid..
    Interestingly, aside from Julie and I, none of the other dancers on the film had ever done swing before...

F-L

Ceroc Teacher
    Hi my name is Bill and I wanted to say hello to everyone on the Scottish forum.

I have been teaching Ceroc for about 6 years and been a franchisor for about 5 years . At the moment teaching in Reading , Twyford , Jivebar and loving it !
    Will be joining Lorna on the Las Palmas holiday in Novenber and really looking forward to it .

Sgt Billco.

The Perfect Woman!
    Originally posted by BillCo

I have been teaching Ceroc for about 6 years.....
    Sgt Billco.
    Is that all ??? I thought you were an old hand !

Hi my name is Bill and I wanted to say hello to everyone on the Scottish forum.

I have been teaching Ceroc for about 6 years and been a franchisor for about 5 years . At the moment teaching in Reading , Twyford , Jivebar and loving it !
    Will be joining Lorna on the Las Palmas holiday in Novenber and really looking forward to it .

Sgt Billco.
    Is this the same Bill I met in Barcelona last year?

Welcome....not that I am really in any position to welcome anyone to a Scottish forum...but hey they seem friendly.

Hope to see you there Thursday. Great night the other saturday, one of the best I have ever been to!...well done Sgt.

Ceroc Teacher
    Thanks Doc , good to meet up with you again.
    We really enjoyed the night as well , there will be another one
    in December , I'll send you the details.
    See you Thursday.

Hi Lounge Lizzard , how are you ? Can you believe Barcelona was over a year ago ? Got a video of the holiday if your interested.
    Are you going to Las Palmas in November ? Would be really good to catch up again ?

Sgt Billco.

Hi Lounge Lizzard , how are you ? Can you believe Barcelona was over a year ago ? Got a video of the holiday if your interested.
    Are you going to Las Palmas in November ? Would be really good to catch up again ?

Sgt Billco.
    Hi
    no, I'm busy now till December so cant take a week out., I will have to come to Reading sometime tho.
    p

Thread Information