Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: By way of introduction...

wicked...

Blog Entries

Honey Hush

Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
    Also renowned for being in an affair with Chicklet which involves lots of oral and some cream.

That's all I think.
    That's ALL????
    I remember a few more things than just oral and cream!!
    But obviously they weren't exciting enough for you to remember

Anyway, exactly HOW is this going to help Tim cos now every time he wants to come up and ask you to dance on a Wed night and sees you talking to a girlie he will think it's me and not want to intrude/ get involved in a domestic!!!!!

Tim, ignore him. Can't think who you are though! Were you there the night before last? What were you wearing and I will search thru the covert video footage (CJ they don't all think your lights are just lights still do they??if so it's a big day for cats and bags )

And will you be at the Henry Wood Hall tomorrow night?

I'll be the one draped over the grand piano plotting something.

Cx

Re: By way of intro...

Originally posted by Kiwi_Tim
    Hi...I'm Tim.
    Hi Tim

If you are at the Glasgow Monday night class on 14th July will meet you there. Failing that, I am from Aberdeen class and if ever you wander up to the north east come and look us up!

Welcome aboard!

Sandy

Commercial Operator

Re: Honey Hush

Originally posted by Chicklet
    That's ALL????
    I remember a few more things than just oral and cream!!
    But obviously they weren't exciting enough for you to remember

I'll be the one draped over the grand piano plotting something.

Cx
    Chickie, I remember everything!!

Just, some of it is burned DEEP into my memory!!

Anyway, if you come early enough, we can do a four hander on the piano. You know my right hand totally compliments your left, so lets get down to some boogie woogie!!

Blog Entries

Re: Re: Honey Hush

Anyway, if you come early enough, we can do a four hander on the piano. You know my right hand totally compliments your left, so lets get down to some boogie woogie!!
    four hander all very well, but who holds the bugle boy?

Commercial Operator

Re: Re: Re: Honey Hush

Originally posted by Chicklet
    four hander all very well, but who holds the bugle boy?
    whoever is doing the blowing!!

Doh.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: Firstly, Hi Tim.

I'm Robert, Bob or CJ. NEVER Rob!!:reallymad

or 'Wee Bobby' to his friends

Commercial Operator

Aaaww, petal

It's wee FAT Bobby, to you!!

backtracking a little...

Sandy - See you on the 14th. Seeing as neither of us have any idea what to look for, why don't you just follow the kiwi accent to the tall bloke wearing glasses, eh?

Chicklet - Hehe, ta. Wasn't there last Wed (but was on Monday in black jeans and blue shirt - just in case the DJ's have file-footage-sharing agreements). Will not be ceroc'ing again until Monday since away this w/end for some hillwalking - organised it before realising there were regular monthly parties...let alone ones with pianos and people draped over them!! (even if they are otherwise involved with CJ)

cheers
    Tim

Re: backtracking a little...

Sandy - See you on the 14th. Seeing as neither of us have any idea what to look for, why don't you just follow the kiwi accent to the tall bloke wearing glasses, eh?
    cheers
    Tim
    Awsome! See you real soon

Blog Entries
    sorry folks, **looks at clock** doesn't look like I'm going to make it, still in my orrifice staring at spreadsheets I'm afraid.

Hope a good night is had by all and I'll dance a little something in the kitchen when I finally get away!!

Cx

spreadsheets

shame about the work Chicklet...

Had a couple of dances with Sandy - lots of fun
    Look forwards to visiting Aberdeen for a dance night...

Tim

Re: spreadsheets

Had a couple of dances with Sandy - lots of fun
    Me too, and me too! Thanks for the dances, Sandy & Sandra, and hope you had a nice trip to Glasgow!

Fab time in Glasgow

Hi there

What a fab time we had in Glasgow, thank you so much for making us so welcome and all those dances It sure was hot!

It was lovely to meet the new faces like Tim and to get together with some of the old (not in age of course!) like Graham, Grant, Wendy, Scott and Brady (who handled the 2 Sandy's very well!).

So sorry you couldn't make it Chicklet, next time I hope cos we will definitely be back!

Paul it was lovely to see you too, mind you hard to miss you with that very red face!!! Hoped you've cooled down a bit

Sandy

xxx

Commercial Operator

Back to the intros

I've only just discovered this thread, (since it went off thread, surprise surprise), so here goes, back to the intros:-

I'm Greg, dancing in Ealing, Uxbridge and around Surrey/Sussex/Berkshire.

Apologies for mentioning him yet again on this forum, but Joe Jackson changed my life by getting me into dancing. The Deep Sea Jivers (whom I saw perform about 60 times) were an offshoot band after his Jumpin' Jive foray. The Lindyhop Jivers (as they were then called) were formed at that time, and would occasionally dance at the gigs, we wanted to join in, so in 1986 we tracked down rock and roll, then later Lindyhop lessons.

I resisted Ceroc until I fancied a night out while my wife was away on a business trip, my first class was at Busby's in the Tottenham Court Road circa 1990, anyone remember that far back? We were both soon hooked.

I've had so, so many dance higlights over the years - a small selection:-

at Beach Boogie being told by a charming lady I'd had about 4 dances with ever. "I didn't used to like blues at all, until I danced with you . . . and Nigel!"

Rena doing the 7 beat crotch move to me (don't ask!)

The revelation of Dancing with Wendy at Camber after "meeting" via email.

Every time I dance with Lily

Oh . . and a few medals.

Like the Tramp - I'm still a beginner, so much to learn, so little time.

The Sheepman moniker comes after spending 7 and 1/2 years living in Dublin (practically no dancing ), they used to have plenty of humourous sheep t-shirts before the Celtic Tiger economy faded, but now their sense of humour seems to have escaped.

I discovered the Forum from Mary, my competition partner, as I had to discover the lovely things that Rachel had written about us! I'm trying to avoid addiction to the forum, currently I'm failing!

and Lily:-
    originally quoted by Lily
    Anyway it isn't size that does it for me - it's those lovely, hairy, masculine legs!!!!
    does this mean I should stick with the shorts?

Greg

Back on the original thread . . .

Started Ceroc in May '98. Enjoyed the social scene (pubs here are open afterwards and people don't have far to travel home compared to many cities!) In those days, Franck was the active franchisee for all of Scotland. Taxi danced for a few years and organised socials so dancers could turn up to free events on nights when there wasn't a Ceroc night (usually a club that had free entry and an empty dance floor till 11pm). Arranged free informal workshops to swap ideas with other intermediate/experienced dancers; did everything I could to help beginners, and inherited a Dancers' List which enabled dancers to keep in touch easily. Built a dance website largely to save time when people asked me, 'How do I find out about such-and-such', and discovered the Forum whilst updating it. Went off the boil a bit after the Millennium and a disastrous love affair with another Ceroccer (she's now happily matched so it worked out for the best) and eventually re-discovered Ceroc in New Zealand in 2002. My enthusiasm for New Zealand Ceroc may have been one of a number of things that less than endeared me to the new staff and after a number of incidents with them that I found unpleasant and upsetting I stopped going to my local Edinburgh nights. I'd already started going to salsa just to get new moves for Ceroc, so decided to treat it a bit more seriously and found I was learning again, which I always find exciting. It also meant that when I had a chance to go Ceroccing in England it was more special and I always receive a very warm welcome there (thank you to any English Ceroccers reading this).

High points:
    • Finding I could add elements of other dances into Ceroc
    • The love and warmth of other Ceroccers, especially in my early days of Ceroc when I was active in Scotland
    • Dancing and private lessons in Auckland City and the wonderful inspiration, friendship and hospitality they showed me
    • Dancing under the stars at a NZ Ceroc party
    • Winning a bronze in Dance with a Stranger at Blackpool (2002)
    • Teaching at Bognor Jive Gathering (2003)
    • Making a TV programme about Ceroc / Modern Jive (2003)
    • Choreographing and dancing in a short (15 minute) film (The Total Eclipse of Sybil Price)

Re: Back to the intros

Right, i had better add my ickle biography to the thread.

Im Paul, living in Stevenage but only until the middle of September when I will be moving away to teach this lovely dance form.

I have been dancing for , slightly over 11 months, but on a (some may say regular basis)

My only diehard regular nights are tuesday/wednesday at Ealing..... fantastic. Other semi-regular venues are Stevenage, St Albans, Fulham, Ashtons and others. I have actually tried to get to as many venues in London as possible. Not done too badly.

Got into dancing by a friend at work. They dragged me along and ive never looked back since. I am so pleased to have done so. I have met the nicest people ever while dancing and i will be extremely sad to leave.

The best bit so far has to be Bognor Jan2002. My first weekender. Awesome.................then i found Rock Bottoms!!!

No accomplishments to speak of yet as i have never competed. Will probably do so in the not too distant future but want to get a bit more experience under my belt first. If im ever to compete i need to know im prepared.

Going to study other forms of dance and tailor my ceroc to a unique flavour!............well hopefully!

Commercial Operator
    Like Mr Sheepman I've just found this thread.

I got into Modern Jive in 1997 when one of my wife's friends 'phoned and asked her if she could borrow me to go dancing. What with me having no will of my own I was loaned out on a sale or return basis

My first night was in Brighton on a Monday. I was hooked and I was hopeless. And the worst part of it was that it took me months to find out how bad I was. My original thinking was that I was having so much fun my partners must be having a great time too - how wrong can you be

I occasionally make the mistake of thinking I've got it at last - then I realise I've just gone to an altogether different place. I work on the flaw I'm aware of. I think, for example "once I can do double spins I'll be as good as Nigel". Then I dance with a fantastic woman who, at the end of the dance says "Did you know Nigel's here. Dancing with him is like a ride in a Rolls Royce". Not even a mention of the new, improved Andy. At the moment I'm working on smooth circles in my footwork and good toes as opposed to naughty toes. This means I'm back to re-learning the basics to get them to fit the new style. I'ts like being a beginner again - for the nth time.

In my time doing modern jive I've had a few names, we all get them as there's no other way to differentiate the guys with the same name. I've been 'Andy with the quiff', 'Hawiian shirt Andy', 'Gay Andy', 'Nigel' ( ), 'Andy Braces', the 'Other' Milk Tray Boy and most recently Popeye. I chose to use my real name for this Forum as both are Scottish

I dance all over the South of England. As far north as Northampton, and as far West as Bristol.

I'm no longer a beginner, but I am far from complete.

The Forum Legend
    Originally posted by Andy McGregor
    In my time doing modern jive I've had a few names, we all get them as there's no other way to differentiate the guys with the same name. I've been 'Andy with the quiff', 'Hawiian shirt Andy', 'Gay Andy', 'Nigel' ( ), 'Andy Braces', the 'Other' Milk Tray Boy and most recently Popeye.
    You forgot 'Andy the Hooker'.

Steve

Hi I'm james and have been dancing since the start of November 2002. Was roped into it by my now partner both on and off the dance floor; Filthycute. (Top Chick!!!)

Can remember my first night vividly as by the end of it my face was aching from the cheesy grin I'd had on it all night..... some would say it's been there ever since.

Can be seen regularly attending Perth and Dundee classes, along with party nights at Edinburgh and Glasgow. Did a mini tour of the Midlands recently only to keep getting asked..."Do they have Ceroc in scotland??" Well, yes they do and it's brilliant, as the Chance 2 Dance comp' at Blackpool proudly displayed....

Dancing highlights so far; making it into the intermediate final of the Blackpool competition in March, (mine and FC's 1st competition together) and recently being asked to, and taking part in, the Jive Masters heat in Perth.

Owe my dancing ability completely to Melanie's strict, no-holds-barred, sometimes brutal!!!! teaching technique.

Please come and ask me for a dance..... I need the practice!!

Thread Information