Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8485455565758
Results 1,141 to 1,144 of 1144

Thread: By way of introduction...

Re: By way of introduction...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Christie View Post
    I should have said, I think the thing I stuggled with the most was asking the ladies to dance during freestyle. I'm too shy. Luckily the ladies there asked me enough that I could get away with just waiting around.
    Tell me about it. Twenty years on and I'm still shy about asking ladies for a dance. But not as shy one character I remember who was so shy that when asked to dance by the ladies would tell them that it is not allowed for ladies to ask the men to dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Prian View Post
    Tell me about it. Twenty years on and I'm still shy about asking ladies for a dance. But not as shy one character I remember who was so shy that when asked to dance by the ladies would tell them that it is not allowed for ladies to ask the men to dance.
    Oh dear, well I'm not that shy about accepting an offer to dance and quite approciated it. Though I was worried because it being my very first class I have no idea what to do in freestyle other than just practice the moves we were just shown, so I hope I didn't bore the ladies. I was also unsure how to end a dance politely when I was getting a bit tired at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Christie View Post
    Oh dear, well I'm not that shy about accepting an offer to dance and quite appreciated it. Though I was worried because it being my very first class I have no idea what to do in freestyle other than just practice the moves we were just shown, so I hope I didn't bore the ladies. I was also unsure how to end a dance politely when I was getting a bit tired at the end.
    Don't worry Lee. Just remember it is a led dance and you are in control!

If I met you for the first time in a class or freestyle I wouldn't know what your skill level was - You could be on your first class or have been dancing for 20 years or more.

Remember to smile and you are 90% there.. Oh and never be afraid to repeat a move. It is up to you.. if you think you have messed up a move you probably have just accidentally done an intermediate move instead of the beginner one you intended. Smile and remember I won't know what you originally intended! As long as you don't hurt yourself or your partner you are laughing.

Hope to meet you soon.

Cheers WT

PS Welcome to the madness

Hi Lee, just to say it's great to see new people posting on the forum. Welcome to the forum, and to the amazing world of dancing; hope to have a dance with you sometime

Thread Information