Thread: Message from Keith C2D

Smile Message from Keith C2D

"Hi Scot,
    What a fantastic turn out, Huge congratulations to you & your troop of travelling dancers. You must be doing something right up there as a Franchisee to be turning out so many fantastic dancers.
    Could you please thank every one for their support & well done to you & Franc!"

Who knows maybe this will bod well for our own Charity Competition on the 18th Oct or maybe it will scare people off. Too much competition and all that.... I hope not

I don't think you could have asked for better publicity for the Scottish champs. Have you any promo stuff you can send down ... be more than happy to promote it ... think there is a better chance this time of being able to persuade some of the NWest posse to make the trip. Are details of events and rules available yet?

Thinking about it ... would be nice if the English Ceroc clubs would actively promote it this time!

Will have shortly

However format is the same as last year with an additional category called anything goes as long as it is dance. This category will be open to anyone teachers included it can be Showcase, Multiple partners, Lindy, Swing whatever....

However I would stress that this is a Charity event and I would prefer that it was seen this way rather than as a Major Competition Event. There are lots of choices for that Ceroc, C2D etc.

Originally posted by Scot
    However I would stress that this is a Charity event and I would prefer that it was seen this way rather than as a Major Competition Event. There are lots of choices for that Ceroc, C2D etc.
    Good call ... I think that last years feel that 'anyone can have a go' is far more important than trying to seee who is 'best'. Long may it continue.

B.T.C.
    Originally posted by Scot
    Will have shortly

I hope it stays like that Scot but I have a feeling that this might be unlikely as more dancers from around the country are going to travel to it and there may well be more folk keen to win a title.

I think talk has already started about who is entering the team event next time and with the standard of the two Blackpool winners what on earth and we going to see in October ??

But given the response from the Scots at Blackpool it should still be more of a fun day for everyone.

Originally posted by Bill

I think talk has already started about who is entering the team event next time and with the standard of the two Blackpool winners what on earth and we going to see in October ??

Well Bill, you'll have a wee while before you see what we come up with next but be assured it will be stunning Wendy and I (and Alan) started it on the drive home from Blackpool!!!!!

DVx

The Oracle
    Originally posted by Bill
    I hope it stays like that Scot but I have a feeling that this might be unlikely as more dancers from around the country are going to travel to it and there may well be more folk keen to win a title.
    There are ways of keeping the fun element. A simple one is to stop a couple entering more than one category as a partnership, but encourage them to enter other categories with different partners. Then you don't get one or two couples dominating everything, there is less pressure on the competitors, and more people get to dance with different partners.

I'm sure other people have better ideas - you never seem to have a problem keeping the fun in dancing in Scotland.

David

Thread Information