Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blackpool - Extra Forum Awards

Omnipotent Moderatrix (LMC)
    Originally posted by Sheena
    Sorry about that Emma - didn't mean to imply that you took your work anything but seriously
    ooh, no offence taken!!

but do tell more about the "quick release trousers" - they wouldn't be orange aand a wee bit tight across his bum would they?
    That's the ones! I was suggesting he might get them er..elasticated.. to deal with the tightness problem, and he demonstrated their adjustableness for me. I thought it was very kind of him!

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar
    Ach bless 'im - he's all heart that boy!

It would appear that Gus was willing to demonstrate his trousers to quite a few of the ladies in Blackpool!!!!! And here's me thinking I was the only one!!!!
    Was I the only one who actually got into his trousers on Saturday???

Heather,
    XX

Right folks - what about a Very Well Done Award to the Nottingham folk for their Roxanne routine - excellent!

Great that they got to perform it and speaking of routines - what about that cabaret on Friday night - WOW!

Ach bless 'im - he's all heart that boy!
    Errrmm, in THOSE trousers I got the impression that there's more to him than just heart... :sorry

J

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    sheesh ladies - I can see Gus blush from here

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
    sheesh ladies - I can see Gus blush from here
    Why? Are you in his trousers too?????

Franck.

An Eclectic Toaster

A Couple More Awards?

Weirdest Costume

The Intermediate couple in all-white with the glowing chest panels. The outfit said Buck Rogers in the 25th Century to me.
    "We have come to Earth from the planet Ji-Ve, and intend to conquer you with hypnosis and close dancing..."

Best "Senior Moment"

I think we all know the winner of that one - and they won a real comp too

Best Tartan Waistcoat

Me!

Best Dancer in a Tartan Waistcoat

John S!

Blog Entries

Re: A Couple More Awards?

Originally posted by Stuart M
    The Intermediate couple in all-white with the glowing chest panels. The outfit said Buck Rogers in the 25th Century to me.
    "We have come to Earth from the planet Ji-Ve, and intend to conquer you with hypnosis and close dancing..."
    Actually, that sounds brilliant! Who were they?

Omnipotent Moderatrix (LMC)
    The Printmaker's Alternative Blackpool awards are as follows:

Best Freestyle Dancers - The Scottish men! Too numerous to name individually, you were all fabulous, boys! (and one girl!).

Best Costume Changes - Sheena. Every time I saw her she was in a new outfit, I kid you not. The girl clearly has a dedicated dance wardrobe...or possibly an entire room. I'm jealous!

Best Rescue of a Woman Desperate to Dance - DavidB. Who then had to cope with me being over-exuberant to 'All That Jazz', poor sod.

Best Kindred Moment - When Hazel and I looked at one another during a warm-up track and said..they've played that tune before, haven't they? and realised we weren't going mad, we were just *very* *very* slow on the uptake.

Best Triple Trouble - Steve - you're a show off. Keep it up.

Best Trousers - The judges have been arguing over this one..Octupus trousers rate a mention as they are clearly this year's uniform, but eventually it has to go to Gus. Because not only did he kindly demonstrate them to everyone, but he let Heather get in them too. What a man!

Best Cheer - Scottish....!

An Eclectic Toaster

Re: A Couple More Awards?

Originally posted by Stuart M
    Weirdest Costume

Originally posted by Lou
    No idea! The glowing chest panels were a sort of oval thingy which pulsed a pale blue oval. It seemed to change speed too, although maybe that was alcohol/tiredness/hypnosis/battteries.

It was indeed very funky.

PS If either of them are on the Forum, I welcome them to our world and bow before their omnipotence...please don't send me to work in the sequin mines...

Re: Re: A Couple More Awards?

Originally posted by Lou
    Toby and Claire, from London (Kent House - Kate & Amir's classes). They have a fantastic set of costumes, and I think they were planning to do more changes, but everyone kept going on about the flashing outfits, so they stuck with them.

IMHO, the "Kent House contingent" had some pretty amazing costumes all round - Deborah's shoes were dazzling, and Eva had a stunning red dress with rhinestones that looked straight out of Las Vegas! Lily's costume was (as usual) beautiful too.

Dave

The Forum Legend
    Stuart

Claire is indeed on the forum. Although, not very much. She goes by the nick 'Divissima'. Or something like that!

Steve

Cool Kent House costumes

David wrote ...IMHO, the "Kent House contingent" had some pretty amazing costumes all round
    Thanks David
    We are all pretty mad keen on groovy funky outfits. Not to mention diamantes. I think I got Toby, Claire and Eva addicted. I'm a sparkle pusher... only the real thing, the pure drug (Swarovski crystal diamantes) can satisfy me anymore... And from the feedback I've had my spell is starting to work on several ladies in the audience too. I was even threatened by a small mob of women who were going to pin me down and steal my spotlight shoes (Until they got close enough for a whiff I expect! )

Yes, the glowing panels that Toby and Claire had do have different settings that change pattern and speed of the flashing blue lights. I've had personal demonstrations They have black shirts with similar panels they wear to the Ceroc Hammersmith evenings sometimes. Very effective for spotting where they are in the crowd when you are looking for a dance

Re: Kent House costumes

Originally posted by Debster
    I'm a sparkle pusher... only the real thing, the pure drug (Swarovski crystal diamantes) can satisfy me anymore... And from the feedback I've had my spell is starting to work on several ladies in the audience too. I was even threatened by a small mob of women who were going to pin me down and steal my spotlight shoes (Until they got close enough for a whiff I expect! )
    They were just the most FABULOUS shoes I've ever seen - well first equal with Louise's brand new red ones that she bought on the day!

Yes, the glowing panels that Toby and Claire had do have different settings that change pattern and speed of the flashing blue lights. I've had personal demonstrations They have black shirts with similar panels they wear to the Ceroc Hammersmith evenings sometimes. Very effective for spotting where they are in the crowd when you are looking for a dance
    When the lovely Heather and I were down visiting gus in Manchester we saw similar t-shirts in CYBERDOG - I believe they have a website.

Originally posted by Emma
    The Printmaker's Alternative Blackpool awards are as follows:

Best Costume Changes - Sheena. Every time I saw her she was in a new outfit, I kid you not. The girl clearly has a dedicated dance wardrobe...or possibly an entire room. I'm jealous!

Best Rescue of a Woman Desperate to Dance - DavidB. Who then had to cope with me being over-exuberant to 'All That Jazz', poor sod.

Thanks Emma! It's great fun! The bloke I was dancing with in the TAC said he had a problem finding me as he was looking for the last outfit I had on - only to realise I'd changed it
    I still had at least 4 other outfits in my bag that never saw the light of day - including the strokeable trousers - sorry guys!

David B- totally agree - he rescued me at the "hot spot" whilst we were trying to find our respective TAC partners and it was one of the best dances I had all weekend.

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I still had at least 4 other outfits in my bag that never saw the light of day - including the strokeable trousers - sorry guys!
    Ah, well, I knew I had not missed anything important after all

Franck.

Blog Entries

Re: Kent House costumes

Originally posted by Debster
    Thanks David
    I think I got Toby, Claire and Eva addicted. I'm a sparkle pusher... only the real thing, the pure drug (Swarovski crystal diamantes)

Yes - you ruined a promising career and a glowing future... Now all I think about is SPARKLES!!!!!!!!

Yes, the glowing panels that Toby and Claire had do have different settings that change pattern and speed of the flashing blue lights. effective for spotting where they are in the crowd when you are looking for a dance
    Don't look into the lights - that way lies madness.

Well done for spotting that they are indeed from Cyberdog. Alas not available from their website, but many of their other lines are ...

Blog Entries
    I forgot to mention that the flashing panels are equally effective for avoiding us in a crowd...
    We do turn them off on request.

Blog Entries

Re: Re: Kent House costumes

Originally posted by Divissima
    Well done for spotting that they are indeed from Cyberdog.
    I also suspected as much. I have their Matrix effect one.

Thread Information