Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Most Embarrassing Dance Moments.

Donna

Your Most Embarrassing Dance Moments.

What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you during a dance night/event?

I've been flipped over someones back and collapsed in a heap on the floor plus slipped a couple of times. My face was this colour

Re: Your Most Embarrassing Dance Moments.

Someone once stood on the back of my skirt whilst doing a drop, the skirt had an elasticated waist.

The result, as I came up, the skirt went down!

Whilst wearing a halter-neck top.....when I was put in a low drop my partner's sweaty hands (yeuch ) slipped on my back. I fell to the floor, leaving the front of my top and bra in his hands

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks
    Whilst wearing a halter-neck top.....when I was put in a low drop my partner's sweaty hands (yeuch ) slipped on my back. I fell to the floor, leaving the front of my top and bra in his hands

Ooops!!!

Well .... I trod on my own foot ... which was all very well ..... until I then tried to step with the foot that was trodden on!!!

Very elegant it was!!

[Mind you, I believe that it's a technique in climbing to swap feet on a foothold ... shame I wasn't climbing!!]

I ripped my pants wide open at the back when demonstrating a lift one day... ended up with my partner on my shoulders explaining a couple of points about the lift, and me "standing in the breeze"

Another day I tripped over my partners foot as we came out of a very fast turning move... I think we both landed on our butts about 3-4 metres apart.

Registered User Tazmanian Devil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Hans
    Ooops!!!

Well .... I trod on my own foot ... which was all very well ..... until I then tried to step with the foot that was trodden on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pjay
    I ripped my pants wide open at the back when demonstrating a lift one day... ended up with my partner on my shoulders explaining a couple of points about the lift, and me "standing in the breeze"
    Nice

Mine will be dancing with a friend a while back with a top that tied up at the side, he done a sway on me and next thing I knew my top was flapping open revealing my very revealing bra

During a class, we were practicing the how so horrible 'swiss roll' (lady standing with her back to the guy front, falls backwards in his arm, and then the guy pivots on one foot to step over the lady (who at this very time is hold by both forearms and face to the floor), then pivots the other foot over the lady to bring her face back up again), when this guy who was a lot smaller and lighter than me (and not very good at following the instructions ) performed it on me (yes I was worried already ), dropped me as I was face to the floor, and then dropped himself . I got back up straight away, pretending 'nothing has happened here ' and hoping nobody had seen us; but the guy stayed lying on the floor, laughing and waiting until EVERYBODY in the class had well noticed to get back up again. (thanks). never been that embarrassed.
    No need to mention that since then nobody has ever performed a swiss roll with me ...

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

I was dancing in Nottingham with Wes (Sorry mate) When he decided to do an aerial type move where you pull the ladies hands through her legs and she does a full turn, like a forward roll in the air. It went a bit wrong and we ended stuck in a very embarrassing position. Picture him holding both my hands which are through my legs, my legs have ended up over his shoulders. Can't let go of the hands as i will fall to the ground, legs stuck over his shoulders, consequently we had to get someone to lift me off him. But it was also extremely funny and i lay on the floor afterwards laughing hysterically, just like this
    Don't think his backs been right since!!! I did apologise to his wife saying that i think i may have broken her husband.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

was dancing in front of the Jive Aces on oxford road in london years ago and did an aerial and Fi got stuck upside down - the gathering crowd thought it was deliberate (this reminds me that i used to dance in public!)

I once led a lady back on her right foot, but her weight was already on it... she did a bit of a triple step, left foot back first, and the move ended up ok....

Oops, wrong thread...

At the Ceroc Champs a couple of years ago I was competing with BTC Bill , and I was wearing a pretty daring red latin dress with a deep plunging front. As we were dancing in one of our heats the dress got slipped to one side a little revealing to all at that moment one uncovered breast. Bill noticed immediately and was very gallant and quick thinking brought me straight back in for a closed move and managed somehow to lodge the dress back in place.

I wasn't aware that any of this was happening until a couple of our omnipotent forumites told me 'cos they saw it!! I felt myself go the colour of my dress.

For the next round I managed to get some toupe tape and stick the dress in position.

More recently I was led into a very dynamic move that continued into some fast spinning on a very fast floor. My feet just disappeared from under me and I ended up like Bambi splayed out on the ice with arms and legs akimbo. I had loads of people asking me for a dance after that one.

M

The only memorable and embarrassing moment for me was as a beginner, quite a few years back....

Dancing with a shorter friend with quite large feet....(bless him, he shall ramain nameless).... he had both of my hands, (dont ask me how!).. I tripped over one of his feet, fell, was unable to save myself and landed on my face/shoulder and hip.... stunned and shocked I lay on the floor unable to move for a few minutes, unable to move..... almost out for the count....

SUDDENLY, the music stopped, the lights went on and a team of burly taxi dancers (and said friend) carried me off the dance floor to recover on the nearest seats... didnt feel embarrassed until a few moments later, when I got my marbles back... and realised that the evening had been disrupted by my flying dive onto the floor...... aaaaaaahhhhhhhh

The bruises were amazing... and painful.. nevertheless, I forgave my mate and still dance with him years later, but a lot more warily...

I invented the "Hasse Marie Ricochet Drop" about 3 years ago. I led a Hasse Marie on a friend of mine - we got through the "duck" bit OK but I knew she was off balance when I led the 1.5 spin. She travelled across the floor like a whirling Dervish, hit a couple dancing innocently to my right, bounced off them and ended up sprawled on the floor. I was just mortified and still shudder at the memory. I can't believe I led the spin even though I knew she was off balance - crazy. Fortunately, she wasn't hurt and forgave me. She even still dances with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary
    For the next round I managed to get some toupe tape and stick the dress in position.
    Having seen something similar I now carry a roll of double sided tape in my dance bag, along with the compeed, tea-tree foot gel, ibuprofen gel etc. A favourite dance partner stopped dancing one night after she'd "popped out" and I'd rather carry the tape than lose out on some fab dances. "Toupe tape"? When I produced it to save my 15 year-old neice embarrasment at a wedding she told me it was called "tit tape"!
    Last edited by JonD; 24th-February-2006 at 01:43 PM.

I have split my trousers three times doing crouching moves. I got quite adept at the shuffle along the front of the stage and walls. I now wear trousers that are too big around the waist and a belt.

I was dancing with a girl who has a very curvaceous figure. I span her and as she turned to face me, i ended up with her VERY ample left breast in my right hand.

I know this kind of thing happens to most guys at some time or another and you can normally just ignore it and carry on dancing as though nothing happened BUT i just stopped and went totally beetroot . So, there was me standing there holding this girls t*t, to which she smiled and said "Hmm, nice move - does it have a name?"

Once taught a whole evening (both classes) with my fly open! I don't think anyone noticed, except my demo, who didn't mention it after the beginners class , allowing me to repeat the predicament in the Intermediate lesson too! I have such good friends ! (Reminded me why I wear black underwear with black trousers!)

errr.. in the back of my car with my microphone..anyone else want teacher cover...just call (everyone else has...!!!)

Tigger Babes.....is there something here you wish to share with us, like you did on the cruise whilst teaching with Franck,......(red troons)....

G...
    Gordy
    ~ It's a Dance Thing ~

'Τα δόντια μου είναι μου δικοί - οι γόμμες δεν είναι'

www.vatsim-uk.org

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Ehrm - nope Can't think
    Glad Sal had that spare top with her though

p.s Thanks for the great pic of me doing the "bad shoulders" excercise
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Asif
    I was dancing with a girl who has a very curvaceous figure. I span her and as she turned to face me, i ended up with her VERY ample left breast in my right hand. ............ "Hmm, nice move - does it have a name?"
    yes that often happens with me, my boobs always seem to get in the way - I pretend to ignore it to save my partner's embarassment - nice line though I'll remember that one

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

I was dancing with a delightful man last night who, during the dance said "I'm just trying to get between your legs", so naturally I said, "all the boys say that". It was a while before he could carry on dancing.

OK, it's an old joke, but he really hadn't realised what he'd said, and he doesn't know me well enough to realise just how down-to-earth I am.

M

Thread Information