Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Most famous person you've met

Re: Most famous person you've met

I've had my arm around Linda Lusardi's Shoulders and been kicked on the bum by one of the Grumbleweeds (remember them?)

(Family holiday.. Blackpool Yonks ago.. I must have been around 16/17? ) Went to some banal show , our cheap seats exited by the stage door and when we were leaving so were the "stars"

Got my picture taken with my arm around L.L. shoulders.. (She's actually quite short) then the short fat one from the Grumbleweeds came out kicked me on the bum and made some witty comment about "getting yer 'ands off me bird!"

Oh how we laughed

Also another time in Blackpool (Was Parents holiday destination of choice when I was younger) I helped Roy "Say what you see" Walker though the hotel doors with his suitcases. Helped him with his luggage then smiled and went off on my way.. wasn't until I got back to my parents that they said "Didn't you know who that was?" Hope I didn't dent his ego when I neglected to ask him for his autograph

No BIG stars though.

Commercial Operator

Got kissed by Katie Humble when I was seventeen . Not sure if that counts, because she wasn't famous then....

Oh and I met Trampy a few times. Didn't kiss him though

TiggsTours

I sold Bernie Winters some asprin when I was working for Boots as a Saturday girl once.

I also spent a whole week on holiday with Sunetra Sastry (Rowan Atkinson's wife and an ex-model) a couple of years ago. We were the only 2 people booked into a yoga sanctuary, so we literally spent the whole week chatting and got on brilliantly. She's gorgeous, and a really lovely person.

Oh, and my mum's cousin is Kenny Sampson (old footballer, was supposed to be really good and played for England, I'm told), but even she has never met him.

The nearest I’ve got to meeting anyone famous (that I’ve actually recognised) was David Byrne when I went to Later with Jules many years ago. A friend worked at the Beeb, so we got to go to the party afterwards. I’m a major Talking Heads fan, and love a lot of DB’s solo stuff too. Until that point I’d never fancied him though, but I went all doe-eyed and soppy when I saw him in the flesh… apparently my two male (straight) flatmates were a couple of little puddles on the floor too! I stood next to him as he opened a bottle of wine, and struggled to think of something to say, but all I could think of was “I love your music” and I was too embarrassed to say that, so shuffled off to the other side of the room and watched from afar as one of my flatmates jostled him at the buffet and stood on his foot… ah, happy days!

And for anyone old enough to remember, I used to know the very first DJ on Radio Caroline (and no, I don’t remember that far back, I got to know him well after that!). You youngesters will probably be saying "Radio who?"

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_4711 View Post
    ... there's probably some I've forgotten as well.
    Knew there would be ...

John Cleese, Jason Schombing, Pauline Henry from The Chimes (used to be my landlady!) ... and one I didn't expect: I was cable-channel-hopping the other day and I came across my best friend from secondary school presenting The Antiques Ghost Show on FTN!

Maybe this is a good place for a celebrity anecdote told to me by a family member.

Ronnie Wood's wife was over in Dubai staying in the same hotel as my relatives in the last year for the horse racing season.

She told them that she'd gone to the reception and asked if she could have a "Daily Mail" in her room every day. They very quickly refused her.

She queried why she couldn't have one and was told that they didn't supply a "Daily Mail".

She asked if there were any other English newspapers that they could deliver to her room, when the receptionist queried "oh! you want a newspaper!"

Apologies if I've told this before - have a feeling a de ja vue

My very famous (to some) Uncle Sammy (known as Tony to his film friends)
    With a couple of HIS famous friends - disguised in their civies (can you guess who they are)
    Attached Images Attached Images

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    My very famous (to some) Uncle Sammy (known as Tony to his film friends)
    With a couple of HIS famous friends - disguised in their civies (can you guess who they are)
    Laurel and Hardy!
    Better known as Witty and Fletch

The Forum Legend

Quote Originally Posted by straycat264 View Post
    Got kissed by Katie Humble when I was seventeen . Not sure if that counts, because she wasn't famous then....

Oh and I met Trampy a few times. Didn't kiss him though
    I feel somehow cheated!

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TiggsTours View Post
    I'm apparrantly related to Kenny Sampson (big football star), but I've never met him,..[snip]... I spent a week living with Rowan Atkinson's wife, Suneta Sastry, in a yoga retreat in Ibiza, as we were the only 2 people booked in, she is absolutely beautiful, and a really lovely person. [snip]
    Ooh! I did sell Bernie Winters some asprin once!
    Quote Originally Posted by TiggsTours View Post
    I sold Bernie Winters some asprin when I was working for Boots as a Saturday girl once.

I also spent a whole week on holiday with Sunetra Sastry (Rowan Atkinson's wife and an ex-model) a couple of years ago. We were the only 2 people booked into a yoga sanctuary, so we literally spent the whole week chatting and got on brilliantly. She's gorgeous, and a really lovely person.

Oh, and my mum's cousin is Kenny Sampson (old footballer, was supposed to be really good and played for England, I'm told), but even she has never met him.
    C'mon Tiggs its only been 6 months since the first post

..its funny - i think i repeat myself all the time too

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp View Post
    I feel somehow cheated!
    iirc, you did invite me to be 'your bitch', but I declined
    (anyway I'm sure you say that to all the guys )

I sang in a choir with Aled Jones before he was famous - I was 11 or 12 at the time, he was a year older.
    Frank Bruno stayed in the hotel I worked in. I was off the night The Cure were there, and away the week Corenation Street were filming in the area.
    I've met Terry Pratchett often enough that he recognises me, even if he can't remember my name.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs_warwick View Post
    I've met Terry Pratchett often enough that he recognises me, even if he can't remember my name.
    Ooh yes! Forgot about Mr Pratchett - met him too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    Laurel and Hardy!
    Only just seen this you cheeky beatch LMFAO

Which one am I then?

I went to Thailand in February this year and had my Picture taken with the comedian, Stan Boardman at Patpong night market - that's my claim to fame - sad but true!

Well I spent some time as a lighting engineer before the call of the computers got too strong.

So Dire Straits (all of them), Pop will eat itself (idiots), Jules Holland, Billy Piper, lots more B and C list singers.

Real unexpected people.

I changed a wheel on Fergie's car. She was in Weybridge and unattended by any security. It took me a while to work out who she was and was post the divorce. The security bods didn't turn up until after I'd finished and told her not to go over 50 on the space saver the merc provided.

While driving through a multi storey carpark in Woking, Jo exclaimed "That's Robert powell!". My response was "Who the hell is Robert Powell?". The look he gave me was pure hate.

In Toys'r'us in Woking with a friend, we noted the Brian May was in the same aisle. We quietly brought his attention to this and had a response of "who's Brian May?". Dr. May found it funny. Especially when we explained that he was an astrophysicist who had a sideline in playing the guitar.

To add to my above posting of many months ago :

Paul McKenna - one of my NLP trainers

Richard Bandler - really famous in the NLP world and one of it's Grandfathers, plus one of my trainers

Michel Neil - Famous American success Coach and amazingly nice bloke..also one of my trainers... notice a pattern

One of the extras from Eastenders, can't remember his name but he has been a background character in it for years ( large over weight, brown hair, thin beard, works on the market)... he was on my course in April

Don't know it she counts as Famous - The Belgium Ambassador on a HHH run a few years back, but didn't know it at the time.

Matt Lucas was probably the nicest. Met him in McDonalds Shaftesbury Ave (!) in his Shooting Stars but pre Little Britain days. He freely admitted that he was not really a very accomplished drummer.. but he is very funny. He was on the way to see an NYMT show that my daughter was in (Bugsy Malone). We had a drink at the interval, talked about his National Youth Music Theatre days - charming guy.

Barry Humphries, an hour before his opening night in Oliver! at the Palladium - 'sorry I can't stop to chat for long, I haven't learned my lines yet...' He was great.

Despite a lifelong crush on Jenny Agutter, she is now off my Xmas card list for running away when I recognised her in the street Likewise Robert Lindsay (no crush, so )

OTOH, Terry Wogan loved the attention, even larger than life in real life...

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    Laurel and Hardy!
    oooooo cheeky

I'm not going to ask which is which

See that BBC2 advert with Elvis this evening reminded me .............

I grew up with Jimmy Page (his real name) from the ages of 15 to 18, I am 11 months older than him.

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Thread Information