Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Most famous person you've met

Most famous person you've met

Talking to a colleague today - turns out she used to work as a dental nurse and has been in attendance to the queen when she was at Balmoral.

What a claim to fame - siphoning off the queen's spit (mind you those are my words - she doesn't remember what she had to do other than curtsey and make sure all the instruments were sparkling and in order - oh! and she wasn't allowed to talk in the queen's presence).

My most famous encounter was kissing DLT!!!

What's yours?

Re: Most famous person you've met

Apparently I met Floella Benjamen when I was very young (don't remember it).

When I was 4 I met Billy Connolly. Didnt know who he was, but knew that the big beard and hair was a bit scary looking. He was dead funny, I didnt have a clue what he was on about, but everyone was laughing so it must have been good!

Have also served John Snow whilst working in a Deli shop in Cape Cod. He wanted to know where the bananas were. It wasnt him I recognised at first, it was his voice! Rowan Atkinson came into the Deli too, as did the man who drew the Marvel comic books stuff (was dressed in a trench coat and trilby hat - bit strange for the hot weather we were having at the time, but just gave him his sandwich and thought better than to question a wee old man about his chosen clobber. . . )

lx

I have met a few people............

Shook hands with the Queen, Prince Phillip and Princess Diana on 50th Anniversary of VE Day.

Used to hang out with Phillip Schofield and Trevor & Simon at Going Live when I was about 11.

Had a drunken conversation with Michaela Strathan when my friend had her Hen night at the Ivy Restaurant

In the mid-eighties I was just about to write out a parking ticket for a very expensive looking car in the West End outside Fortnum and Masons.

When the driver returned my heart fluttered and I went weak at the knees as the gorgeous Joanna Lumley appeared before me, I did utter a few words but I could hardly talk to her for dribbling........certainly could write out the ticket.(dribbling not scribbling I suppose!)

She smiled ... I dribbled ...........she drove off............the rest of the day was a blur

I've met a few famous people nobody really worth mentioning as they have all really loved themselves, especially a particular football captain for one half of the old firm.
    Only one famous person is worth mentioning, Jim Kerr from Simple Minds I met him a few years ago in Ingram Street and he asked me for a chip. So me and my mate asked him about how the music was going. Very nice guy.

Donna

Well I've met

Ant and Dec when I did the pop idol auditions. (gareth gates!)

Norman Wisdom

Little and Large

Shnorbit (think that's how you spell it) the dog. And he rushed to the edge of the stage and eat my sausages!!!

Graham Norton last year.

Registered User El Salsero Gringo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet
    What a claim to fame - siphoning off the queen's spit
    I remember seeing on TV when the queen visited a RN warship, they'd rigged the plumbing so that the Queen's No.2 would be stored safely in a tank and could be kept as a ship's exhibit. The plan was foiled by the fact that Her Maj. only ever uses her own lavatory facilities.

TiggsTours

I'm apparrantly related to Kenny Sampson (big football star), but I've never met him, Asif & I went to see the premiere for Planet of the Apes, and sneaked into the bit where the paparazzi stand with Asif's disposable camera, and Graham Norton commented on it to him, I spent a week living with Rowan Atkinson's wife, Suneta Sastry, in a yoga retreat in Ibiza, as we were the only 2 people booked in, she is absolutely beautiful, and a really lovely person. I've been in the same room as Johnny Depp, and just missed out on a bit part in a film with Robert Redford & Brad Pitt!

I always seem to just miss out on meeting the famous people myself, but my dad went to school with Raymond Briggs (currently Joe in EastEnders, but more famous as voice of Mr Benn), had tea with Oscar Wilde, met Laurel & Hardy (and has their autographs, together on one piece of paper) and used to play with Joan & Jackie Collins as a kid (lucky boy)!

Ooh! I did sell Bernie Winters some asprin once!

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by El Salsero Gringo
    I remember seeing on TV when the queen visited a RN warship, they'd rigged the plumbing so that the Queen's No.2 would be stored safely in a tank and could be kept as a ship's exhibit. The plan was foiled by the fact that Her Maj. only ever uses her own lavatory facilities.

(I need air!) oh

errr.. in the back of my car with my microphone..anyone else want teacher cover...just call (everyone else has...!!!)

Les Dawson, Matt Dawson (no relation), Bernard Manning, The Queen, Prince Charles, Gary Rhodes, Gordon Ramsey, Prince Andrew, Gloria Estefan, Warren Mitchell, Andrew Roachford....(jammed with him..!), Omar, Mistique (had dinner with them in London at the Jazz Cafe),

To name but a few,,,
    Gordy
    ~ It's a Dance Thing ~

'Τα δόντια μου είναι μου δικοί - οι γόμμες δεν είναι'

www.vatsim-uk.org

errr.. in the back of my car with my microphone..anyone else want teacher cover...just call (everyone else has...!!!)

Ooohh...forgot :-

The Tramp, Tiggerbabes, Franck and of course Andy McG...!
    Gordy
    ~ It's a Dance Thing ~

www.vatsim-uk.org

I met Patrick More a few times, this was late 70s at Selsey bill

Is he more famous then Eric Clapton ?

Glitter Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy
    Used to hang out with Phillip Schofield and Trevor & Simon at Going Live when I was about 11.
    Me too (well, I met them all twice and I was younger than 11), also Sarah Green, Mike Smith, Lisa Stansfied, Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders, Geoffrey Durham, The Pet Shop Boys, Paul Shane, Cliff Richard, Ed the Duck and Gordon the Gopher!
    Also met John Leslie, Yvette Fielding and Diane-Louise Jordan (from Blue Peter) - but was very upset to miss out on meeting Caron Keating, who left the show just before hand.
    ... and cos I was a persistant little so-and-so I got all their autographs too .

Feel sure I've met some more famous people too (will have to go dig out my old autograph book and see who else is in there).

Blog Entries

Sheikh Isa Bin Sulman Al Khalifa

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon J Pownall
    Les Dawson, Matt Dawson (no relation), Bernard Manning, The Queen, Prince Charles, Gary Rhodes, Gordon Ramsey, Prince Andrew, Gloria Estefan, Warren Mitchell, Andrew Roachford....(jammed with him..!), Omar, Mistique (had dinner with them in London at the Jazz Cafe),

To name but a few,,,
    Wow! Quite a few then! Do you get star struck?

I haven't met that many people, let alone famous ones, maybe because I'm so shy and quite but I have met

Dr David Bellamy - he presented me with my Chief Scouts award

Ed Burns - Comedian and the voice on the Carphone Ware adverts, went to Uni with him

Narrowly missed out on meeting Tina Turner

And not quite famous but a sort of claim to fame, I'm drinking buddies with one of Ossam Bin Ladens many brothers in laws

McJ

No....the joys of being a Charity Trustee (Prince Charles and royal meets). Andrew Roachford (Cuddly Toy, Family Man from the 80's) is an old friend who still does the occasional gig at the Jazz Cafe. That's where I met Mistique and Omar.

Warren Mitchell was in a chippy in Finchley sat on the table behind me so I asked him to pass the salt etc and got chatting...

Bernard Manning is an old friend of my father...

So all pretty boring stuff really..
    Gordy
    ~ It's a Dance Thing ~

www.vatsim-uk.org

I dated Pat Roach for a while, and went to the rehearsals of Avezederzen Pet, so met all the gang, its was the first series.

I went to school with Steven 'tin tin' Duffy (kiss me with your mouth) record, and we were the only two real 'punks' so we went around together

also Roger Taylor 'duran duran' drummer was part of our click which happened late seventies in Birmingham (he slept in my spare room) he was all ways out of my league.

Georgous George who then became 'Boy George'

Martin Degville ZZ sputnik, who went around with George (he was scary)

Rankin Rodger and Dave Singer in the 'Beat'

I went to Ronnie Knight's wedding in the costa del sole, but I carn't say I know him, I was a guest of a freind of his.

Those were the days

i'm sure there will be a lot of spelling mistekes spell check hasn't pick much up

Quote Originally Posted by fletch
    i'm sure there will be a lot of spelling mistekes spell check hasn't pick much up
    Fletch you are priceless
    Oh and Boy George Im sooo jealous

Thread Information