Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Makes A Great Evening?

Re: What Makes A Great Evening?

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi
    OK, I've given it another listen, and perhaps I was a bit hasty... The start is just a bit of a yawn, and even when it gets going it seems to be lacking something...
    I find it smooth and yummy and very lovely to dance WCS or Blues to. I think it is the beat and the mood of the song that does it for me .

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll add a few (though I've already started collecting data but I should be able to fill in the blanks or enter a NULL value to any column).

I've decided to quantify the mood at the beginning:

Mood: {Good, Average, Poor}

The expectation of the evening I like. If you have high expectations you can often be let down whereas if you aren't expecting much you might find it a surprise. It will be interesting to see if there is a correlation between Low Expectation and a good Enjoyment level:

Expectation: {High, Medium, Low, None}

Also the gender balance thing. It can also change throughout an event (if an event is a day at a weekender say) or even in the course of an evening. However I do think it can make a major impact. I'm not going to measure directly but I think adding a ratio of songs sat out might be good to measure; though it should more accurately be "songs that you've been forced to sit out on". It somewhat reflects the gender balance and a few other factors:

Dance Ratio: {All, Most, Many, Few}

I'm going to skip the improvement, Tones, as I think it can be difficult to measure improvement at an event and often you'll learn some moves you really like only to not include them in regular freestyle. I did include Own Skill as a measure of when you are having an off night.

As for the ratio of good dances this might be in expectation or maybe I should include a Skill At Event though it is a very relative thing and they might be having an off night .

Registered User Tazmanian Devil's Avatar

The Horse, The Elephant and The Whale
    Attached Images Attached Images

For me the thing that makes a great night...firstl if I haven't got to travel miles...or even better if somebody else drives then I'm already in a good mood for dancing.

Then I guess it'd be venue and DJ. Throw in the unexpected wee-gem of a dance from either somebody you don't know or you just connect with at the time and hey presto...top night.

Not any help at all that really is it...ho hum.

JB.

Thread Information