Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: London week-end... What's on?

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

London week-end... What's on?

A few teachers from Scotland are travelling down to London on Friday 7th March for the week-end, and we will be looking for good places to dance / party on the Friday night (maybe?) and on the Saturday night (definitely!)...

We are open to any suggestions / recommendations for central London!

Thanks,

Franck.

The Oracle
    On Friday night the best bet is probably Casbah. Just bring plenty of spare t-shirts!

I'm guessing you are probably coming down for some Ceroc teacher training. If not there is a series of 3 workshops by Robert Cordoba on Saturday afternoon in North Kensington. I can give you the details at Blackpool if you are interested. (Robert will also be going to Blackpool this weekend.)

Saturday night we are going with Robert to the JiveBug dance in Fleet. But if you are relying on public transport, Hammersmith or Chiswick might be easier.

For a full list of what is on, look at Lynda's List

David

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by DavidB
    On Friday night the best bet is probably Casbah. Just bring plenty of spare t-shirts!

I'm guessing you are probably coming down for some Ceroc teacher training. If not there is a series of 3 workshops by Robert Cordoba on Saturday afternoon in North Kensington. I can give you the details at Blackpool if you are interested. (Robert will also be going to Blackpool this weekend.)

Saturday night we are going with Robert to the JiveBug dance in Fleet.
    Thanks for that, and the Jivebug dance with Robert Cordoba sounds really tempting...
    How far is fleet?

We are doing an Advanced refresher course over the week-end, just making sure we are up to date with all the moves So won't be able to do the workshop...

Casbah is probably best if we decide to go dancing on the Friday night... unsure at the moment.

I won't be in Blackpool unfortunately so will miss out on all the fun, though I am counting on all of you to give me the full details afterwards in here!

I'll print out Lynda's list.

Franck.

The Forum Legend
    Hiya

Fleet will definitely be a good night on the Saturday. And if I have my poorly car back by then (which I should do), I'll be more than happy to give you all a lift down to Fleet and back (provided there's no more than 4 of you). It'll take about an hour to get down to Fleet, depending on where you're staying in London....

I think I owe a few people in Scotland some favours

Steve

Franck

On the Friday night there is also a Ceroc night on at St Mary's near Baker Street Tube. It is a bigger and cooler venue, but Casbah is a higher standard.

Hope to bump into you at some point. Have a great time whatever you do.

Will

The Forum Legend
    So, did you decide what you're going to do yet??

Steve

Originally posted by Will
    Franck

On the Friday night there is also a Ceroc night on at St Mary's near Baker Street Tube. It is a bigger and cooler venue, but Casbah is a higher standard.

Hope to bump into you at some point. Have a great time whatever you do.

Will
    Will

We're all going to the Casbah on Friday - me, James, David, Robert Cordoba, Lynda Gocher, the Tramp etc... You'll just have to come too. And do bring Stevie Wonger with you - there's a certain young lady I'd like him to meet there

Hopefully Franck & Co will join us too. It should be a good night - a chance to relax after the stresses of last Saturday!

LilyB

The Forum Legend
    We're all going to the Casbah on Friday - me, James, David, Robert Cordoba, Lynda Gocher, the Tramp etc
    We are?? Just when did my banning at Casbah get lifted then?

I just had a PM from Franck (who will no doubt see these posts soon) to say that he's planning on going to St. Marys on Friday night....

Steve

Lily,

I'll go with the flow, but I would recommend St Mary's as there is so much more room there, and with your possé, good dancers should not be too hard to come by.

Personally I think we should all go to St Mary's and see if we can get the Tramp banned from there as well

Let me know what is going on guys as Stevie Wong is coming down from Birmingham this Friday to hang-out

Omnipotent Moderatrix (LMC)
    St Mary's has a very nice pub in it's favour too.

The Forum Legend
    Personally I think we should all go to St Mary's and see if we can get the Tramp banned from there as well
    Sounds like a plan to me

Steve

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by LilyB
    Hopefully Franck & Co will join us too. It should be a good night - a chance to relax after the stresses of last Saturday!
    Thanks for that Lily (and congratulations on your victory in Blackpool )

As the Tramp says, we were all set to go to St Mary's, mostly because it would be less crowded, but I / we are still open minded about it, though I am sure wherever we all end up, will obviously be the place to be

I don't think we'll be going to Fleet on the Saturday, we'll probably pick a smaller club closer to home

Franck.

Does anyone know if Hammersmith is on this Saturday???

The Forum Legend
    The only ceroc-like dance on this Saturday in London is at Chiswick town hall, run by Chris Vessey in conjuction with LSDS - jive in one room, lindy in the other.

I've not been there for many moons, so I don't know what it's like these days. Anyone else been there recently?

Steve

Yeah,

Stevie Wong mentioned this to me too. He was thinking of going. The last time I went along to one of those events there was about 6 people though.

I might well end up doing Fleet if they have Ceroc/Modern Jive there.

Strange that there is no Hammersmith when there is a CTA update going on though!?

The Forum Legend
    That's why I haven't been for some time Will.

Though, if Franck, Lisa, Lorna, Mairi and Kathy go, along with your good self, Stevie and me, we could probably have a good night.

Steve

Blog Entries

Smile St Mary's

St Mary's sounds like the place to be on Friday. Toby and I are also planning on it.

And who would miss out on the Great Stevie Wong?

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Will
    Strange that there is no Hammersmith when there is a CTA update going on though!?
    Not a CTA update, this is just an Advanced training course. I am taking all my teachers for a revision / refresher course, so that we keep on top of all the Ceroc moves. (*)

Franck.

(*) Well at least, that's my excuse for a week-end of partying with 4 gorgeous Scottish teachers

The Oracle

This Friday

We would go to St Mary's if the freestyle were a bit longer. I know in just about every other respect that St Mary's is a nicer place, but the freestyle is only 9:30 - 10:30.

It is Robert's one chance to go out and dance without the pressure of teaching, and the freestyle at Casbah is about twice as long.

(Sorry Steve - I know this doesn't help you.)

David

I think St Mary's is definately winning out here.

Lily - How about bringing your crew along to St Mary's on Friday? I'm sure Mr Cordoba would appreciate the superior dance floor.

Thread Information