Thread: That first time feeling....

Thumbs up That first time feeling....

My friend and his wife told me I would enjoy it! I laughed. Told them, "No way was I going to dance classes."

I was holding one of there twins when my friend told me he had to make a call and would be back in tick. He phoned one of his pals who has been coming for about three years and asked if he would take me along and hold my hand so to speak. My friend came back into the room and said, "That's you sorted. Your going next Wednesday." :reallymad

The Wednesday came and I found myself shocked by how much I enjoyed the class.

Well Done

Good for you Doug, I'm glad you enjoyed your first time at Ceroc and hopefully you will continue to do so.
    It's such a pity that some men seem to think that dancing is such a poncey thing to do - I've tried unsuccessfully to persuade male colleagues and acquaintences to try Ceroc, but to no avail, even when I tell them that they can get"Up close and personal" with lots of lovely ladies, without getting a slap in the chops!!
    the reply is usually " that'll be right- me? Dance? - Nae chance!!!!" Make it your mission Doug , to get some more of your mates along to Ceroc !!!!
    Happy Dancing

I have told my workmates it is a great way to meet new people, but they look at me in a strange way and turn the conversation to fooball...

I am working on one person at the moment....

Ceroc on man!

Re: Well Done

Originally posted by Heather
    I tell them that they can get"Up close and personal" with lots of lovely ladies, without getting a slap in the chops!!
    Thanks, Heather, I'll remember that!!

Seriously, well done Doug, glad you have enjoyed it - and Heather is right - maybe we guys need to do something to persuade our pals that we're not all prancing about in tutus and high heels (well, certainly not all the time! ).

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: That first time feeling....

Originally posted by dougmister
    The Wednesday came and I found myself shocked by how much I enjoyed the class.
    Hi Dougmister,

Welcome to Ceroc, and to the forum.

I am really pleased to hear you enjoyed Ceroc so much, and very impressed to see you at the party last Saturday!

Cheers,

Franck

Re: Re: Well Done

Originally posted by John S

to persuade our pals that we're not all prancing about in tutus and high heels .
    Thanks, both too John S and Heather for there encouragement.

After the Ceroc Party in Glasgow last Saturday. Some of us went to a nightclub called, 'Cuba Norti' (think that's how it's spelt ) and we Ceroced for another couple of hours.

What I am trying to say is, until I tried Ceroc I didn't think I could dance, at all. Not even 'disco'. Now I have an edge on my male friends who refuse to come along and give it a try... the fools.

But, I feel like a real beginner in the forum for I meant to give myself the name 'Dougmiester' but missed the 'e'. Help!! Can anyone tell me how do I fix this ?

Re: Re: Re: Well Done

Originally posted by dougmister

But, I feel like a real beginner in the forum for I meant to give myself the name 'Dougmiester' but missed the 'e'. Help!! Can anyone tell me how do I fix this ?

I don't think you can do this - perhaps Franck can?. However, before he does, I suspect you meant 'Dougmeister'.

Me pedantic??

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Re: Re: Re: Well Done

Originally posted by Graham
    I don't think you can do this - perhaps Franck can?. However, before he does, I suspect you meant 'Dougmeister'.

Me pedantic??
    Indeed. I have now changed your user name to Dougmeister, though you do realise you will have to live up to the title now?

Eventually, you will have to have a t-shirt printed with Dougmeister so we can all recognize you on the dance floor (like Filthycute)...

Cheers,

Franck.

Red face Re: Re: Re: Re: Well Done

Graham thanks for correcting my German. The funny thing is, Je ne parlar pas allemand. Mais oui, je parlar francais un petit. Tres petit!

It was one of my workmates who started calling me this name because my work kept sending me to Germany. I asked him this morning about the spelling and he explained the rule (ie-sounds e and ei sounds i. That simple!!!).

I don't think you can do this - perhaps Franck can?.
    You are correct again. Franck has sorted my name out!
    I can only give top marks

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Well Done

Originally posted by Franck

Indeed. I have now changed your user name to Dougmeister, though you do realise you will have to live up to the title now?

What have I done! Oh! What have I done!

But thanks, for fixing my spelling mistake....

Well, I only started going to (a) stop my partner nagging at me and (b) to make sure Gadget wasn't leading her astray!

I have to say, honestly, I didn't think I would enjoy myself.. but THANKFULLY I was proven wrong.

I have to go back now as it gets a bit boring dancing just 4 moves over and over! Gadget suggested I "Mix them up a little" .. I would have but my partner insisted on leading!

I'm converted... I'll just have to spread the good word! Amen!

Thread Information