Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ghostly experiences

Re: Ghostly experiences

As Drathzel has asked for the thread to be returned to retelling of ghost stories, I shall stop posting.

I might read it, now and then, for a laugh...

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov
    I absolutely agree that the probability that hitherto-unplumbed depths of the mind/brain could be responsible for stimulating spooky experiences is around about 100%.

And I ain't gonna stop posting

Planet Wacko (a now motorised world of my own):)

Quote Originally Posted by TiggsTours
    As for them not just "floating up and saying hi", has it occurred to you that maybe, just maybe, they are actually completely oblivous to our existence? That they are just getting on with their daily goings on, totally oblivious to the fact that we are sharing their space too?
    a bit like dancing at Bromley on a Thursday night

OK on a serious note
    I have certainly experienced the dejavu/cycic bit,
    only the other day I was driving home, and at a certain point in the journey I passed close to where a friend lives, and naturally thought about when she asked me to help her move a fridge freezer with another friend, but the timing got cancelled, and then thinking to myself . . wonder when M will want her fridge moving . . . My mobile went off and it was M . . . "can you come round tomorrow and help Phil move my fridge Freezer?"

And very often - becoming more and more regular as the days weeks months go by I find myself thinking of some one and that someone then either phoning or calling round literally seconds after the thought occured!!

the Human mind/Brain

much more to it than even science can explain

Science - wan't he the bloke from Leeds on Big Brother ... I thought he could explain everything

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov
    As Drathzel has asked for the thread to be returned to retelling of ghost stories, I shall stop posting.

I might read it, now and then, for a laugh...
    since when has anyone listened to me?

Registered User Tazmanian Devil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel
    since when has anyone listened to me?
    I predict that people are gonna start listening soon Generally of a night time
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmanian Devil
    I predict that people are gonna start listening soon Generally of a night time

Saturday, 4th February 2006
    Week Ahead: Around the same time that a whale swam up the river to to Houses of Parliament, some interesting news came out of Tokyo. A snake, in a zoo, has made friends with a hamster. Its keeper, concerned that the snake was rejecting its usual diet of frozen mice, decided to give it a 'live' meal. The snake, though, refused to eat this visitor to its cage. Instead, the two have started living happily, side by side. It's easy to dismiss this as a peculiar anomaly but I predict we'll hear many more strange stories soon. 2006 is an exceptional year. It brings a long season of rare 'lunar standstills' during which we will all find ourselves having to stop, stand still for a while and rethink our idea about what is or isn't 'natural'. The influence will affect animals, just as much as humans. It seems that many of them are already trying to get a message across to
    http://www.jonathancainer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ash
    Saturday, 4th February 2006
    Week Ahead: Around the same time that a whale swam up the river to to Houses of Parliament, some interesting news came out of Tokyo. A snake, in a zoo, has made friends with a hamster. Its keeper, concerned that the snake was rejecting its usual diet of frozen mice, decided to give it a 'live' meal. The snake, though, refused to eat this visitor to its cage. Instead, the two have started living happily, side by side. It's easy to dismiss this as a peculiar anomaly but I predict we'll hear many more strange stories soon. 2006 is an exceptional year. It brings a long season of rare 'lunar standstills' during which we will all find ourselves having to stop, stand still for a while and rethink our idea about what is or isn't 'natural'. The influence will affect animals, just as much as humans. It seems that many of them are already trying to get a message across to
    http://www.jonathancainer.com/
    WhittyBird, Zebra Woman, Tazmanian Devil they have been affected for years so so much for the animal predictions

Actually, I meant to add that there is one of my friends that you cannot play charades with: he guesses it correctly while you have just split the title into how many words. And it's not as if he has several guesses.

Not being as eloquent or well read as some of the contributers to this thread I do have a few thoughts.

BS has my backing in this debate as I too see belief/faith as something that which cannot be proved.

Ghosts, aliens, the paranormal along with religions, dieties and gods are all things that need a belief and or a faith.... because there is no physical touchable beyond all reasonable doubt proof of existence.

The laws of physics, chemistry and the universe (as incomplete as we know them today!!) still point us in certain general directions which we know are correct.

None of the faith/belief items above fit into any of these generality or laws and thus in my opinion are beyond belief, and their actual existence should be doubted.

I don't believe in ghosts. Believing in ghosts implies a belief in the soul, which in turn implies by inference an afterlife, and other religious constructs.

The human brain is very good at seeing things that are not there, hearing things that don't exist and exaggerating things and using our very creative imaginations.

That said, I'm afraid of the dark! why? I dunno.. my rational scientific brain tells me that there's nothing in the dark that is any scarier than in the daylight. every bump and creak gets magnified and my imagination runs riot.

I went on the "ghost" walk round and under Edinburgh and it was one of the most terrifying experiences I have ever done.. the feeling of dread was palpable.

I don't doubt that "Ghosts" are scary but I'm more inclined to believe in UFO's than ghosts.. and I certainly don't believe in Alien visitors either

As said above science can neither prove nor disprove ghosts. I tend towards the sceptical but I have an open mind, if evidence later proves otherwise..

as Hamlet once said
    "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy"

and that holds true today as much as it did in Shakespeare's time

Donna

I had a strange experience at work a few weeks ago. Didn't think of putting it on this thread actually - until now.

It was around 6.30, and I was the only person left in the building, just having my tea and viewing the forum of course before heading off for dance class.

My office desk it pushed up against a wall - and behind that wall is the door leading into the office which suddenly swung open. Nobody came through into the office, and then the door closed again.............. then opened again - but this time, it remained open and I could hear it swinging back and forth slightly.

My first thought was that somebody had broken into the building (it has happened before and even now there are shady characters wondering around the back entrance) I just froze at my desk wondering if anybody was going to come in or not. I shouted hello but no answer. Still, the door was swinging back and forth. I must point out, that this door is heavy plus all the windows were shut so there is no way any draught would be able to push it open.

Anyway, nobody answered. I could sense somebody/something there but I thought this was strange, especially as I heard no footsteps coming up the stairs first. This building is over 100 years old and four floors high. No way could anybody even creep up the first flight of stairs without me hearing them creaking, and I'm right up on the top floor!!!

I got up from my desk, grabbed the LARGE hole punch in case the person around the corner deserved a good clout around the head with it, and quickly looked around the corner..... nobody there.

The cleaner came in and I was afraid to say anything in case she thought I'd gone nuts, but I'm glad I did tell her.

My boss told her that he also had a strange experience a few weeks before mine. He was the only person left in the building this time and all of a sudden it was as if somebody kicked his door open then the key started to shake around in the door.

To this day, it still freaks me out and I no longer stay here late on my own.

TiggsTours

I wouldn't say I do believe in ghosts, I wouldn't say I don't, but I do believe there are far more things in this world that science is yet to answer, than things it has already found an answer too, and I also hope it stays that way for at least my lifetime! I think this would be a very dull world to live in, if we knew everything.

I also believe that, if I had been in Donna's shoes a few weeks ago, I would probably have wet myself!

Donna

I think this would be a very dull world to live in, if we knew everything.
    That is so true!

I also believe that, if I had been in Donna's shoes a few weeks ago, I would probably have wet myself!
    Well I do bring a spare pair with me from now on.

Thread Information