Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going postal...

Re: Going postal...

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel
    i'll hold you to that! Ok i when i finish the book i am reading now (am in about 400 pages only 345 to go) i will read it. Dont panic i will get to it asap, i only started the other book on Monday!
    745 pages - what's the title then?

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov
    745 pages - what's the title then?
    Foreign Affairs...cant rem the author will inform you when i get home

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel
    Foreign Affairs...cant rem the author will inform you when i get home
    Gak!!

sounds like chick lit - like, travels of dissatisfied educated bint in mediterranean countries...

Quote Originally Posted by LMC
    People who want to use guns for criminal purposes will not care whether guns are illegal or not - how much difference have firearms laws made to gun crime in the UK? - last I heard, shootings were up.
    As a legal gun-owner, I get rather annoyed when the government introduces knee-jerk legislation as a sop to to public outcry following high-profile firearms offences. A perfect example is the banning of handguns after the Dunblane shootings: those who held handguns perfectly legally and safely for legitimate purposes were deprived of them, yet gun crime has increased in the UK since then. Nothing was done to combat the use of illegal guns, which is where the whole problem came from in the first place, yet because the government was seen to be "doing something about guns" the tabloids were happy. The result? Gun crime increased while legal gun owners were left smarting at having their legitimate sporting activities criminalised for no good reason.

It's obviously quite easy to get hold of illegal firearms. Why doesn't the government concentrate on that problem instead of penalising legal gun-owners, who are not part of the problem in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov
    Gak!!

sounds like chick lit - like, travels of dissatisfied educated bint in mediterranean countries...
    actually its about 4 girls growing up in Eire and the different lives they had, how they met etc, its actually fascinating. One of the girls is being bullied by her father, two are sisters who dont get on, and one is the youngest of a poor family who goes to live with her aunt.

Patricia Scanlan. Sorry D, it's chick lit.

I rejected it for train reading because 400 pages is my pain barrier (and weight limit) for pastel-covered fiction suitable for the brain-dead zone between Stevenage and Kings X at stupid o'clock.

Quote Originally Posted by LMC
    Patricia Scanlan. Sorry D, it's chick lit.

I rejected it for train reading because 400 pages is my pain barrier (and weight limit) for pastel-covered fiction suitable for the brain-dead zone between Stevenage and Kings X at stupid o'clock.
    I actually think that this one is less "girly" than her ones in the past ie city girls/women/lives.

I like them cuz i know where they are talking about and i can visualise them walking down henry st etc!

My other book i am reading (as i always have two on the go) is Joe's war- My father Decoded!about a guy who wasborn in Czechoslovakia, escaped from German-occupied Poland, joined the Polish army in France, ending up intercepting morse code in a top secret unit in London!

Thread Information