Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ceroc Muswell Hill: Busking

Registered User El Salsero Gringo's Avatar

Ceroc Muswell Hill: Busking

Ceroc London is opening a new venue mid February in Muswell Hill, London N10 - on Thursday nights - so we're having a bit of a busk this next two weekends to drum up some new local talent. If any forumites would like to come and join in they will be *extremely* welcome, and get my very grateful thanks, along with an admit-one as well as free admission on the opening night, as a small token of appreciation.

The busking will be by the Clock Tower at Crouch End, first off this Saturday (4 Feb) as well as both Saturday and Sunday the weekend after, assuming the weather is half-way decent. PM me if you can make it, so I can let you know about last minute changes of plan - otherwise just come along!

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Re: Ceroc Muswell Hill: Busking

'Fraid it's a bit far to come Hope you all have a lot of fun though
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Times please?

Dress code? - er, I presume dress is preferred, because we'll get cold otherwise - but we don't have to wear official T-shirts or anything like that do we?

12 noon - and I'm going to try to provide Ceroc sweatshirts. I suspect that a brisk dance will warm people up quickly, but there is a danger of getting chilled when you stop, so bring layers to put on.

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LMC
    we'll get cold otherwise
    When we did the busk in Brechin/Montrose it wasn't exactly the hottest day of the year so most people wore the Ceroc t-shirts on top of their sweatshirts/other t-shirts. You do tend to warm up fairly quickly once you start dancing though
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Sounds good to me as I live a couple of miles from there in Finchley. Cant make the busking this weekend but could possibly do the following week.

Who owns this franchise? Where in Muswell Hill will it be?

D

Quote Originally Posted by Missy D
    Sounds good to me as I live a couple of miles from there in Finchley. Cant make the busking this weekend but could possibly do the following week.

Who owns this franchise? Where in Muswell Hill will it be?

D
    It's part of the Ceroc London 'empire', and I'll be managing it (blush). It's at St. George's Hall on the corner of Park Road and Cranley Gardens. The hall has a great soft wooden floor, and there's an upstairs studio with a proper sprung dance floor for beginners' workshops as well as blues/latin in future weeks. The teacher will be Lucy Houlton (who's absolutely lovely) and our very own Tessalicious will be DJing. All the details will be up on the Ceroc website very soon, but here is a map. And there's a smallish car park with loads of on-street parking all around.

A quick update on busking this weekend for anyone who'd like to come along:

Saturday 11 Feb, at the Muswell Hill Odeon which is here, from midday, and on Sunday 12th at the Crouch End Clock Tower which is here, from 1:30 pm

If anyone would like to come along (and who hasn't already done so) drop me a PM with contact details so I can let you know if there's a last minute change of location)

Hey that sounds interesting. I'm coming to London Today (Friday 10th till - Saturday 11th).. Gotta pick someone up at the airport at 7:30 which means i may have a lot of hanging around to do during the day (Saturday). I may be able to come along. I'll drop you a PM with my number. (I'll bring my own Ceroc tshirt and ceroc fleace :P )

Lots of luck with this weekend's busking. I hope you get lots of willing buskers and generate lots of interest. Sorry we can't make it due to practise/lessons/workshops all weekend, but I'll be thinking about you all.

Forecast looks good anyway.

M

Just got back from busking in Muswell Hill. We had such fun! If anyone hasnt tried busking before then you must try it.

Lovely to meet the Bobby men from the forum. Good to see the lovely Tess and Esg too. Me and Dee did try our hardest not to lower the tone

See you all tomorrow!

Measuring up patio to see if neighbour will fit under it

Quote Originally Posted by Missy D
    Just got back from busking in Muswell Hill. We had such fun! If anyone hasnt tried busking before then you must try it.

Lovely to meet the Bobby men from the forum. Good to see the lovely Tess and Esg too. Me and Dee did try our hardest not to lower the tone

See you all tomorrow!

Despite the cold weather i had a really good time too. Lovely to meet Vicky. BobbyA and his brother, and to see the lovely Tess and ESG

Hey again all.. Well i had such a lovely time meet you guys.. Such a friendly group of people. Had great dances with you all. Some interesting moments with Tess being almost knocked out by the Ceroc Poster and dee almost being run over by a Bus (Skillfully avoided) whilst giving a driver by a flyer for the new class.

:P :P

Thanks for the dances ladys. Would have been great to make it for the hammersmith dance. Sadly i couldn't make it sob sob.

Ho hum.. maybe next time. I'm gonna try making it for the ceroc championships in hammersmith. I had great fun watching last year. Maybe i'll get to know some more people this year.

Glitter Queen

So, how was the first night?
    I'm bummed to have missed it

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles
    So, how was the first night?
    I'm bummed to have missed it

Just what I was wondering.

M

I thought it went very well, considering. Good crowd, excellent teacher (Lucy Houlton) is *hilarious*, the music went down very well, venue looked nice and so on. Thanks to everyone for their good wishes and to those who were able to make it along. (And to those who dropped in despite not being able to move their heads because of neck injuries and had to go home before the class...)

There's another busking session tomorrow, Saturday, if anyone's free and willing in the north London area. Midday at the Crouch End clock tower. (This will be the last for a couple of weeks.) PM me if you plan to come along and I can let you know about last minute changes to venue, times etc.

I went last night and from what I saw, it was a big success

There were a lot of people who were dancing for the first time so the teaching had to be adjusted for that but everyone seemed to accomodate that and enjoyed themselves!!!

DJ Tessalicious rocked!!!

I think that the night should be a big success!!

Quote Originally Posted by El Salsero Gringo
    And to those who dropped in despite not being able to move their heads because of neck injuries and had to go home before the class...
    I was so sorry not to be able to stay.

Insider info says that you had ~100 people - FANTASTIC for a first night, the hard work has all come together - . Hope to be there next week and be able to contribute more than helping people fill out forms.

Quote Originally Posted by LMC
    Insider info says
    Right. Who squealed? I'm going to have the lot of you back for detention after going-home time until the culprit owns up!

Glitter Queen

Damn, wish I'd been there now, and that I'd squealed... detention sounds fun

Thread Information