Thread: Birthday party ideas needed

Birthday party ideas needed

My wife is turning 30 in May, and she's given VERY strong hints that she wants a decent party. As I'm pretty naff at organising these sorts of things (my creativity stops at the point of booking a hall), does anyone have any suggestions that I could use? She dances, she's very outgoing and likes silly things (I don't mean that in a negative way).

Thanks in advance.

Re: Birthday party ideas needed

Well, if she likes dancing, there's an obvious pointer towards the perfect party... Some kind of dress-theme, with decor to match, can be good, as long as it's something that can easily be combined with dancing (if that's what you end up doing - and if it's not, why not?).

Silly things: try these as table decorations if you have a dinner-dance type party.

Hiya,

I had a fabulous Party when I turned 40.. (dont tell anyone!!!) We hired Wilton Hall, in Bletchley (which is lovely) where they have the ceroc evenings.. They catered, supplied the music and all we had to do was invite the people and turn up on the day. (And of course, fork out the dosh).. It was a bit extravagant, but I figured out that it may be the only really big birthday party I will have. So we pushed the boat out. My thirtieth was a lot quieter, so for me, I wanted something BIG for the 40th.

What was lovely, was that although a large percentage of people came from my ceroc circles, many of my none-dancing friend s and family had a good time too. The highlight of the evening was my Hubby and his mates performing THE FULL MONTY (really) on the stage. He had practised for a long time and they did a wonderful performance. (complete with red thongs....) In fact, they were really good!! A couple of my friends performed to MURDER ON THE DANCEFLOOR, with a brilliant routine (ceroc of course)!! Everyone loved it, even those who didnt ceroc.

The disco catered for every ones taste, and I was sad when the evening ended.

I had a terrific night. Good luck with your plans. Hope it all goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by Baruch
    My wife is turning 30 in May, and she's given VERY strong hints that she wants a decent party. As I'm pretty naff at organising these sorts of things (my creativity stops at the point of booking a hall), does anyone have any suggestions that I could use? She dances, she's very outgoing and likes silly things (I don't mean that in a negative way).

Thanks in advance.
    Ooooh - snap... although it's June.

My son just had a "Pirates" party and we hired out the local villedge hall and a bouncy-castle... but he has just turned 3. {Dosn't mean that you can't enjoy dressing up and a good bounce when you add a zero }

We're planning a "princess" party for my daughter soon. Either would translate well to a 'grown up' version... actually, it may be even more fun with minimal translation... pass the parcel, musical chairs, etc. Depends on the friends you are inviting and their sense of 'fun'.

Thread Information