View Poll Results: How many time a week (on average) do you dance?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not addicted (1 or less)

8 7.08%
  • Minor addiction (2 or so)

32 28.32%
  • Hooked (3 or so)

40 35.40%
  • Total Addiction (4 or so)

20 17.70%
  • I NEED it (5 or more)

13 11.50%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dance Addict?

Blog Entries
    here here, I don't post nearly as much as I should because of frustration at this issue.

Originally posted by Graham
    Franck, is there really no way to configure the software to allow vb code insertion at the cursor instead of at the EOM?

Having coded these sort of editors myself, I would like to point out that that would not be as easy as it sounds. All you have to do to insert a smilie whereever you want is insert it and then copy the inserted text to wherever you want.

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Franck, is there really no way to configure the software to allow vb code insertion at the cursor instead of at the EOM?
    Sorry Graham, there is no 'obvious' way for me to change that frustrating aspect of the posting form.

The best way for everyone, is to learn the text form of all the smilies, and type them in as they type their messages instead of clicking on the smillie icon, it is much quicker and efficient that way... ie, type :nice (with an extra colon at the end) and a big smile will appear instead

If you don't know the text for your favourite smillie, you can click on them to see them appear. I hope this helps

Franck.

Originally posted by PeterL
    Having coded these sort of editors myself, I would like to point out that that would not be as easy as it sounds.
    I can understand that, but the software used by the Ceroc London forum *washes mouth out* does actually do this, so I was just thinking that this software might have had it too as a configurable option. Oh, well. Never mind. Doesn't personally affect me anyhow as I type in smilies, although it would be nice if they ALL had : at the end: :sorry and :reallymad don't.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Chicklet
    here here, I don't post nearly as much as I should because of frustration at this issue.
    err...yeah right

OK. Here goes.

Yesssssssss. Thanks Franck.

M

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    although it would be nice if they ALL had : at the end: :sorry and :reallymad don't.
    That, I can sort

I have now updated both ( now blush between colons ) and (now angry between colons)

Franck.

P.S. The older typing is still available as removing it, changed all the previous posts made using it.

Originally posted by Franck
    P.S. The older typing is still available as removing it, changed all the previous posts made using it.
    Thanks Franck! So you couldn't be bothered taking the forum offline and doing a global search and replace?

Blog Entries
    taking the forum offline

tell me this can never actually happen

tell me this can never actually happen
    I'm afraid so, Chickie - what's more, he's going to have to do it again quite soon Maybe you can persuade him to do it while you're on holiday

The Forum Legend
    So, I guess that we should all be grateful that this issue is in place, and should Franck ever find a way round it, beg him not to implement it

I think I've found somewhere to live now, so will soon be back online full time. Just wanted to give you all something to look forward to

Steve

Originally posted by TheTramp
    I think I've found somewhere to live now, so will soon be back online full time. Just wanted to give you all something to look forward to
    And what was the thing to look forward to?

Commercial Operator
    And what was the thing to look forward to?
    For us guys who live hundreds of miles south of Aberdeen we look forward to not having to witness the Tramp eating

Daphne

How often do you do it per week?

I'm talking about dancing.......

Registered User Tazmanian Devil's Avatar
    I try to dance 4-5 times a week depending on what shifts I get given at work. Never less than 3 times a week though. Always at Charlton on wednesday and sunday, Greenwich on tuesday as I either book an early or day off for these days. I try to go to Welling on monday and bromley on thursday but that doesn't always work out.

Hmmmm, I think it's beginning to happen Even though I only had my handful or so of dances it was the first time I actually really relaxed, and enjoyed what I was doing as a dance , and not just as a learning experience etc. A big thank you to Angela, who simply likes to dance and have a giggle and wasn't/isn't interested in looking the biz

Now, I can't bloody wait for tonights class, 2 beers and a bit of confidence to get me on the dancefloor.

P.S. Oh, the reason for the new buzz is that, again, for the first time more than the step across and arm-jive came unbidden to my mind as moves to do . Oh what a lovely morning and just to make sure

First to all members greetings from Jon L the man who dances anywhere from London to the South Coast.

To all ex ceroc London members - sorry I have been away for a while.

I dance 3 - 4 times a week on average. The weekend I am often out Fridays and Saturdays. During the week Monday and Wednesday.

I try to keep three nights at least when I am not out, these are usually Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday

I find this poll subjective and difficult to answer - though it meant something when I first started coming. I could still now answer 'yes' to every question - given the enthusiasm I attend any night south of the border when I get the chance (!) I'd say I'm still addicted, though going from three nights+ a week to zilch back home in Scotland is an easy way to get less obsessive about it. I'm addicted to it when I feel comfortable, which would go for most people, and love some of the venues others have found a tad unfriendly, but haven't been ceroccing for nearly nine months in Scotland and only briefly to one 'non-ceroc' jive event. Doesn't mean I don't think about it and all the people there practically daily - I hope it continues to flourish and you raise lots of money for charity on Saturday!! Being addicted is great, but being a nice person is more important.

Planet Wacko (a now motorised world of my own):)

Re: I'm Not dancing tonight??!!!

Originally posted by Heather

I'm willing to bet you'll be on the Forum for most of the night!!!(Seeing as that is your other 'addiction' - or maybe they form two parts of one and the same thing!!!!)

Fellow addict,
    Heather,

I'addicted freely admit it and when i'm not dancing i seem to be on this bloomin web site - maybe they do form two parts of one!

I am also with other members where i have to do menial things like work and sleep instead of going to ceroc.

Re: Dance Addict?

Addiction has many forms, and symptoms,. I may not dance as much as some, but I've just ordered my first dance trainers and will be going dance clothes shopping in the comming week. This is a major change of habbits. I'm hooked

Thread Information