View Poll Results: How many time a week (on average) do you dance?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not addicted (1 or less)

8 7.08%
  • Minor addiction (2 or so)

32 28.32%
  • Hooked (3 or so)

40 35.40%
  • Total Addiction (4 or so)

20 17.70%
  • I NEED it (5 or more)

13 11.50%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dance Addict?

Cool Dance Addict?

Following on from a number of recent threads re addiction to the dance ... wondered just how addicted people were. Care to share how many times a week you need to get a fix?

Including my Salsa & Tango Fusion classes I'm a 6 times a week man. Although this week its all 7 days as I am demonstrating a Cerocshop on Sunday.

Sad eh!

Addiction Levels !!!

You don't take into account how many times in the week a person would LIKE to go dancing but for reasons outwith their control, it is simply NOT POSSIBLE!!!!
    I go dancing twice a week, three times if I am lucky enough to have a weekend like last weekend where there were TWO dances on (Friday+Saturday). I know I am totally addicted to dancing but unfortuately due to circumstances, cannot satisfy my addiction as often as I'd like!!!!!
    Hope I don't overdose at Blackpool!!!!!! (As if that were possible!!!)

Heather,

I'm with Heather on this one - I'm addicted to dance but I have other commitments/restrictions which prevent me from dancing every night of the week. If you base it on how often I go dancing I have a minor addiction but if you base it on things like not being able to listen to music without doing a wee routine in my head or finding myself suddenly doing a dance step to get across the office/kitchen then I'm totally addicted!

J

The Forum Legend
    *sigh*

I'm not even gonna tell you where I come on this poll!!

Steve

Originally posted by Jayne
    I'm with Heather on this one - I'm addicted to dance but I have other commitments/restrictions which prevent me from dancing every night of the week. If you base it on how often I go dancing I have a minor addiction but if you base it on things like not being able to listen to music without doing a wee routine in my head or finding myself suddenly doing a dance step to get across the office/kitchen then I'm totally addicted!

J
    And I thought I was in the minority {}
    I've even caught myself in the car twiddling my fingers and drawing small circles in the air to represent various parts of moves and returns...

OK So we know that Ceroc is addictive, we know the symptoms, we know the addicts, but what are the consequences of long term addiction ??

Originally posted by Gadget
    OK So we know that Ceroc is addictive, we know the symptoms, we know the addicts, but what are the consequences of long term addiction ??
    You end up like Franck and Steve...

*ducks*

J

Boring the hell out of muggles who aren't into dance

Seriously though ... ANY form of activity 'addiction can be harmfull in that it removes balance from your life. It could be argued that Ceroc should be but one part of your life, and should not prevent you form enjoying other interests and activities. Look at football fanatics ... one of my mates twice failed his accountancy exams because his favourite team did badly ... he even missed my last party 'cause his team lost. (Considering he supports Spurs you can see how his life has been one long road of misery and dissapointment).

So ... enjoy the dance ... but keep it in perspective?

The Forum Legend
    You end up like Franck and Steve...
    And the problem with this is....??

Anyhow, I'm not addicted. I could give it up any time. And, I'm not dancing tonight!!

Steve

I'm Not dancing tonight??!!!

Not dancing tonight Steve ??? I know there's a Full Moon, but I didn't realise it was a Blue one!!!!!
    I'm willing to bet you'll be on the Forum for most of the night!!!(Seeing as that is your other 'addiction' - or maybe they form two parts of one and the same thing!!!!)

Fellow addict,
    Heather,

The Forum Legend
    Ummm. Not dancing tonight. After the weekend, I have enough trouble walking, let alone dancing. Still, that's what painkillers are for. Wonderful things!!

Haven't been on the Forum hardly at all. Been 'talking' to DS and Sheena though. And eating curry. And listening to the new CD I just got (Acme Swing).

And I'm gonna have an early night. Ready for dancing tomorrow (and Wednesday, and Thursday, and Friday, and Saturday, and Sunday)

Steve

I've even caught myself in the car twiddling my fingers and drawing small circles in the air to represent various parts of moves and returns...
    Aahh - that explains it - I had thought the guy in the car behind me was upset after I overtook him tonight on the A90, but it was only Gadget practicing his moves.

Originally posted by John S
    Aahh - that explains it - I had thought the guy in the car behind me was upset after I overtook him tonight on the A90, but it was only Gadget practicing his moves.
    Overtook on the M90 !? Couldn't have been me. {Unless you drive a Merc at over 90...I seem to recall letting one past }

B.T.C.
    I was an addict but I'm all right now

A while ago I'd have grabbed the chance to dance every night if I could but now.........as Gus suggets, I'm trying to keep a balance so that I can have a night to do domestic things, go to the cinema ( at least once a week) and read/listen to music etc...... So I usually dance twice a week and sometimes three times.

Think I lost my enthusiasm for a while and went though a real trough so have not missed it as much as I thought but Adam's workshop gave me some renewed enthusiasm.

It doesn't help of course that two of the women I dance best with are not in Aberdeen

However, what is really good is the number of really good female dancers coming though in Aberdeen. Reckon they're catching up with the high standard in Dundee and Edinburgh !

And the other 'kick' is from watching dancers improve over time.... saw Mel and James in Perth practicing and they were simply superb.

Looking forward to more dancing when I do my next 'mini' English dance tour.

Originally posted by Bill
    ........ Looking forward to more dancing when I do my next 'mini' English dance tour.
    And when might that be?

LilyB

B.T.C.
    Originally posted by LilyB
    And when might that be?

LilyB
    Will be heading to Manchester probably around the 3/4 August for most of a week and then maybe have time to go further south later in August.

Would be great to meet up with you and David again........and especially I can have the pleasure of a dance ....... Hope you're having a good summer.

Commercial Operator

Re: Addiction Levels !!!

Originally posted by Heather
    You don't take into account how many times in the week a person would LIKE to go dancing but for reasons outwith their control, it is simply NOT POSSIBLE!!!!
    Too true, and for some of us, the body can't take all that punishment! I'm normally a 2 to 3 times a week man, but currently 4 to 5 with a competition looming.

I feel a better measure of the addiction would be over a dance w/e or hol (Camber/Beach Boogie/Rock Bottoms) (all events we can't "talk" about in London) How many nights do you stay on the dance floor till the DJ stops (i.e. normally 5 to 6 am.)
    1 night
    2 nights
    every night
    anyone care to start a new poll? Obviously this excludes all those poor deprived people who've never been on one/all of these?

Originally posted by Bill
    Think I lost my enthusiasm for a while and went though a real trough so have not missed it as much as I thought but Adam's workshop gave me some renewed enthusiasm.
    Doesn't this happen to all of us? To think, I used to give it up completely for the summer (and still do for skiing.)
    Greg

Originally posted by Jayne

J
    Exactly what I would have said myself.

Talking

So what night a week is the Cerocaholics Anonymous meeting? (hmmmmm)(wanted to put little smiley here!)

M

Originally posted by Mary
    So what night a week is the Cerocaholics Anonymous meeting? (hmmmmm)(wanted to put little smiley here!)

M
    Franck, is there really no way to configure the software to allow vb code insertion at the cursor instead of at the EOM?

Thread Information