Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Dance levels: "Card" system?

Talking Re: Dance levels: "Card" system?

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas
    Yeah, pretty subtle, ey?

Now where is that optimism of yours again? You are just too lazy and looking for an excuse.
    yeaah, you are quite right!!! I cold always teach the dog to try and chase it in the other direction .... or catch its tail for him/her!

Re: Dance levels: "Card" system?

Quote Originally Posted by adss
    yeaah, you are quite right!!! I cold always teach the dog to try and chase it in the other direction .... or catch its tail for him/her!
    See, you haven't run out of ideas just yet. If the dog turns fast enough inertia my bring the tail just close enough for it to catch it but you could always offer a helping hand

Well then
    Just back from a whirlwind tour of the home colonies, and some home cooked meals from mum in Sydney.
    Taught 3 night for 3 MJ Companies in Aussie.

Was fun and a great learning experience for me also - very proud of the Aussies for continually pushing the limits. Its a humbling experience (in any country) to be privileged to teach talented people who can teach me at least as much as I teach them!

Advanced dancers? Hard to define I agree, but these are the people I continually learn from. Sometimes its a simple thing like making a basic move loook smoooooother. Or sometimes its a tricky thing, Like learning how to do a rotating dip from the likes of Adam Niland (Sydney) who can shift his partner several multiples of 180 degrees further than my best efforts, and she doesnt even feel like she has just been through several turns of the wringer (the guy is amazing - he lewt me film him for 25 minutes of non stop moves, new moves, varioations and combos!! Pure gold.).

Card System? Well, it still rocks!
    I got to teach everything I ever dreamed of, at an "advanced" level, without fear of people complaining - on these nights, if a customer walks through the door, they KNOW its going to be as tough as I can make it. Dont like it? Go to a regular venue, where you can enjoy the intermediate classes, at a suitable pace. IA classes are for the discerning and accomplished customer who wants MORE. (They are not necessarily for the fast track beginner though... its not fair on the long timers who have earned their stripes with visible results... but thats another complex discussion on its own)

Just run the classes at the published level, and leave it to the customers to choose for themselves - and they do!

Bring on the Ceroc Storm weekend

See you all there

I am teaching a couple of tricks

Cheers
    Simon

p.s forumites, get your butts to London on a snight and visit us at ISH

Quote Originally Posted by SimonSays

I got to teach everything I ever dreamed of, at an "advanced" level, without fear of people complaining - on these nights, if a customer walks through the door, they KNOW its going to be as tough as I can make it. Dont like it? Go to a regular venue, where you can enjoy the intermediate classes, at a suitable pace. IA classes are for the discerning and accomplished customer who wants MORE.
    <snip>

Just run the classes at the published level, and leave it to the customers to choose for themselves - and they do!

..And it was great to have you here, too We all enjoyed your classes a great deal!
    Looking forward to seeing you teach at ISH soon!
    Last edited by Alice; 3rd-March-2006 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice
    ..And it was great to have you here, too We all enjoyed your classes a great deal!
    Looking forward to seeing you teach at ISH soon!
    it was indeed great to have you hear Simon - and some of us even got to sample your classes twice.

And promise to make it to ISH when I am in London

Well then

Advanced dancers? Hard to define I agree, but these are the people I continually learn from. Sometimes its a simple thing like making a basic move loook smoooooother. Or sometimes its a tricky thing, Like learning how to do a rotating dip from the likes of Adam Niland (Sydney) who can shift his partner several multiples of 180 degrees further than my best efforts, and she doesnt even feel like she has just been through several turns of the wringer (the guy is amazing - he lewt me film him for 25 minutes of non stop moves, new moves, varioations and combos!! Pure gold.).
    No worries Simon, you are more than welcome I hope it helps! I am sorry I could not give you more but I could not think of more at the time. Next time you come back we can do it better and I will write them down so I remember all of them.

After you left all of these moves came to me which probably would have tripled your account. I am honoured to have you teach some of those moves and flattered that you liked them, you are truely an inspirational teacher and England is lucky to have you.

The Forum Legend

Or sometimes its a tricky thing, Like learning how to do a rotating dip from the likes of Adam Niland (Sydney) who can shift his partner several multiples of 180 degrees further than my best efforts, and she doesnt even feel like she has just been through several turns of the wringer (the guy is amazing - he lewt me film him for 25 minutes of non stop moves, new moves, varioations and combos!! Pure gold.).
    Quote Originally Posted by ads
    After you left all of these moves came to me which probably would have tripled your account. I am honoured to have you teach some of those moves and flattered that you liked them, you are truely an inspirational teacher and England is lucky to have you.
    We can get you two a room if you like....

The Forum Legend

Or sometimes its a tricky thing, Like learning how to do a rotating dip from the likes of Adam Niland (Sydney) who can shift his partner several multiples of 180 degrees further than my best efforts, and she doesnt even feel like she has just been through several turns of the wringer (the guy is amazing - he lewt me film him for 25 minutes of non stop moves, new moves, varioations and combos!! Pure gold.).
    Quote Originally Posted by ads
    We can get you two a room if you like....

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Will you be implementing a card system there, then?

Taught 3 night for 3 MJ Companies in Aussie.
    Want to add my words that Simon, your teaching was fantastic and certainly some of the best that I've had since being in Melbourne.

Thanks for the work you put in, and I look forward to any other opportunities I'll get to learn from you (although I'm not fortunate enough to be travelling in your direction soon, so will have to be patient.

Thread Information