Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Midsummer Beach Ballroom Party

I have to agree with everyone above: great workshops, great party. Thanks to Franck, Adam and Mandy (... and to the sandwich girls ) I really feel as if I missed out by not being able to go to the Sunday w/s.
    And a huge thank you to all the ladies I danced with, and a thank you for some very interesting dresses. {...well they held my interest :sorry...}

BTW. anyone else have muscles ache that you wouldn't expect; legs, feet and shoulders I knew would feel; but biceps and pectorals!? Is this a side-effect of being more dominant in the lead and leading slower?

Angel with attitude! xSalsa_Angelx's Avatar
    I also had a great time on saturday night, had a few good dances, but felt sick after dancing with Steve Jones, spinning me round and round in all sorts of directions.

And thanks to Marlene for giving my boyfriend (Andy) the private lesson outside the toilets... hehe

never made the beach walk either, was feeling too dizzy and a bit sore ....... see am just a beginner can't hack the pace... Tee Hee

Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
    thanks for forgetting we danced the night i was demo dancer for Lisa a few months ago!!

:sorry :sorry

Originally posted by Dance Demon
    Just back from Aberdeen.......good party Franck, in a superb venue. Lots of nice touches,...sweets on the tables, and the ice cream just hit the spot..and emptied the dancefloor
    Oh God yes, agree with all of the above, what a fab, fab weekend.

I was absolutely shattered by the time the Sunday workshop finished and don't know how I drove home! But Adam and Mandy were just so good and he was just so, so funny which made the whole thing so much more enjoyable and relaxing (eventually for me cos I was so nervous!).

Can't wait to try out those moves

Well done Franck on organising a truly fantastic weekend

Sandy

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: When's the next one?

Originally posted by DavidY
    I sadly couldn't be there this time - are any more weekend events coming up that are worth travelling to for those of us non-Scots who live a bit further away?

Is there something happening in Perth in August?
    Hi David,

Missed your post first time round

There are indeed a lot more events to look forward to in Scotland for the rest of 2003...

Apart from the regular monthly parties: second Saturday in Glasgow, third Saturday in Aberdeen and last Saturday in Edinburgh, we also have a few special week-ends:

• Starting with Perth on the week-end of 16th/17th August in the largest venue ever used in Scotland! with a lot of guest teachers, this should be another un-missable event.

I am also currently planning a Special week-end in Glasgow on the 13th/ 14th September... more details as soon as I confirm the international star guest teacher!

Following that, in October (18th) we have the annual Scottish Ceroc Champs in Musselburgh (near Edinburgh)... after last year's fantastic success, this one should be a sell out!

November 22nd will see the next Aberdeen Beach Ballroom party, with new guests and features... as ever, though, one of the best dance floor in the country.

Finally, there will be a couple of Christmas / New Year mega events in December (20th in Perth and 27th in Edinburgh)

Phew... a lot of stuff indeed, and I hope you can make it to one or more of them!

Franck.

Angel with attitude! xSalsa_Angelx's Avatar
    Sounds good Franck, already looking forward to the beach ballroom again in November..!!!

Blog Entries
    Just thinking out loud really and picturing horrible icy roads in November and complete lack of funding for hotel room after hol and Camber in November - what about a Glasgow bus???

Originally posted by Chicklet
    Just thinking out loud really and picturing horrible icy roads in November and complete lack of funding for hotel room after hol and Camber in November - what about a Glasgow bus???
    Might have room for you in my little green 'bus'. It's not so worried by icy roads as your sporty rear wheel drive beast.

Grant

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Re: Re: Aberdeen revisited!

Originally posted by Bill
    You're on Sheena ............... even though you and Franck clearly love it - it didn't strike me as an enjoyable song to dance to.
    Great!!!!! Looking forward to it already - and as the next Aberdeen party is just after my holiday I'll be needing a good dance or seventy
    It's a fun song to dance to - and I do really like it - but then I like the group anyway

You're obviously in complete agreement with Scot who thinks I have "bizarre" taste in music - but then again he did play "By The Way" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers for me at the last Dundee party - thankyou Scot..........and even he would have to agree that there are lots of people who like to dance to Sk8er Boi now although he wasn't convinced about that when I first suggested it either

I couldn't 'feel' anything to it which is a problem if I want to really enjoy a dance.
    Hmmmm! Trying so hard to be good here BUT - can't believe you've just said that after Adam and Mandy's Dirty Dancing workshop
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

The Dashing Moderator

Re: Re: When's the next one?

Originally posted by Franck
    Hi David,
    Starting with Perth on the week-end of 16th/17th August in the largest venue ever used in Scotland!with a lot of guest teachers, this should be another un-missable event. ~snip~ I am also currently planning a Special week-end in Glasgow on the 13th/ 14th
    .. September presumably?
    Phew... a lot of stuff indeed, and I hope you can make it to one or more of them!
    Me too - hope to be able to get to the September one at least (have bad feelings about my diary over the August w/e)

Thanks Franck, that's really helpful
    David
    Love dance, will travel

Thread Information