Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Midsummer Beach Ballroom Party

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just a quick update on the MidSummer week-end... Both workshops are now full (only 1 or 2 spaces for men left on the Sunday workshop) and tickets for the party are almost sold out too.. At time of posting, there are about 20 tickets left in Glasgow, Sheena has 5/6 in Dundee and only 20 or so in Aberdeen, so if you haven't already got your ticket, now is the time to get it... remember, no tickets will be sold on the night.

Looking forward to it all

Franck.

P.S. Remember to bring a warm top / jacket for the Sunrise Beach walk after the dance

Can't wait

Originally posted by Sheena
    Very lucky Really looking forward to the whole weekend - only a month to go
    So excited about a whole weekend of dancing and what about that workshop "Dirty Dancing"! oh boy

Catch up with all you MAd crew and more!

Fancy the beach walk after, sounds like great fun whatever the weather!

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar
    Originally posted by Franck

P.S. Remember to bring a warm top / jacket for the Sunrise Beach walk after the dance
    Aw, jeez louise Franck!

Don't tell me you want me to bring more than one top to the party!!!!!

Originally posted by Sandy Catch up with all you MAd crew and more!
    Well, you were posted missing at the last Aberdeen party Sandy -so looking forward to seeing you this time

p.s. Only 14 days to go now.....................
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Commercial Operator
    Mrs Demon an' me are making the trip up on 21st...loking forward to loads of loveley dances on the superb sprung floor..and to the Sunday workshop

Well, you were posted missing at the last Aberdeen party Sandy -so looking forward to seeing you this time

Hi Sheena, I hated missing that one but will more than make up for it with this one!

How will I last the pace I wonder! Dancing Saturday daytime, night-time and Sunday daytime! plus walk on beach, wowwowowow! Better get the wheelchair looked out!

Sandy x

Originally posted by Sandy

How will I last the pace I wonder!
    Sandy x
    Well, I suspect we might all be hyper by then anyway - but might I suggest you try the time-honoured duo of Red Bull and Expresso (works for Franck )

Any chance of a dance for me DD? *puppy dog eyes* Look forward to seeing you and Irene there.

"If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Commercial Operator

Any chance of a dance for me DD? *puppy dog eyes* Look forward to seeing you and Irene there.

Ach...always been a sucker for puppy dog eyes ....you can have a dance for every change of outfit .....wait a minute,..will I get to dance with anyone else then...

Changing Outfits

Originally posted by Dance Demon
    .you can have a dance for every change of outfit .....wait a minute,..will I get to dance with anyone else then...

And if you give Melanie a dance every time SHE changes her outfit, I doubt very much whether you will get a dance with anyone else all night!!!!!

Heather,
    XX

P.S. Remember to bring a warmtop/jacket for the Sunrise Beach walk after the dance

What Franck? No 'cosy' suits for the boys on the beach!!!

Linda

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    Can someone teach me the "Dirty Dancing" moves at some point during the evening on Saturday?

Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
    Can someone teach me the "Dirty Dancing" moves at some point during the evening on Saturday?
    I really really hope to be putting them into action during most of the night DS so have a peek! Must introduce ourselves first of course cos we have never met (don't think???).

Can't wait

Sandy

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Sandy
    Must introduce ourselves first of course cos we have never met (don't think???).
    thanks for forgetting we danced the night i was demo dancer for Lisa a few months ago!!

Commercial Operator
    Just back from Aberdeen.......good party Franck, in a superb venue. Lots of nice touches,...sweets on the tables, and the ice cream just hit the spot..and emptied the dancefloor
    Didn't make the beach walk, Mrs Demon & me were too knackered.Thanks Sheena,Heather et al for some fab dances.
    Wow.....what an absolutely fantastic workshop( sunday) Adam and Mandy were excellent, and this was probably one of the best dance workshops I have attended. Great fun and very informative. Made me rethink my whole outlook on music & dance. a very enjoyable weekend

Aberdeen revisited!

Wow! Franck. Have to agree with DD - what a brilliant weekend it has been. .
    Both of the workshops with Adam and Mandy were absolutely fantastic. Definitely the best I've been on - they are great teachers, not to mention incredible dancers (totally in awe of Mandy dancing all day on Saturday and then doing the class at the party at night - considering she's five months pregnant).
    The Beach Ballroom is such a good venue and I agree the sweets and the ice-cream were greatly appreciated. It was also great to see the bar staff being so attentive, walking round the tables taking away the empty water jugs before leaving full ones (with ice!) (water supplied free of charge)
    I thought it was brill that Adam stayed at the party until 2 am and then came along the beach for the walk and "picnic".

Thanks to everyone for all of the dances - great to see so many people from the forum - especially Des and Emma who had both travelled up from London

I thought the music was great Franck - can't wait to dance with Bill to the "Offspring" the next time I'm in Aberdeen

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: Aberdeen revisited!

Totally agree, great dance floor, great dancers, pretty good music (can't please all of the people all of the time can you )

Have had a dodgy ankle for a week and had a few 'ow' moments at Beach Ballroom but being aware of it probably improved my dancing by making me more precise....so i learnt something too

The Dashing Moderator

When's the next one?

Sounds like you all had a lot of fun this weekend.

I sadly couldn't be there this time - are any more weekend events coming up that are worth travelling to for those of us non-Scots who live a bit further away?

Is there something happening in Perth in August?

Thanks,
    David
    Love dance, will travel

B.T.C.

Re: Aberdeen revisited!

Wow! I thought the music was great Franck - can't wait to dance with Bill to the "Offspring" the next time I'm in Aberdeen
    You're on Sheena ............... even though you and Franck clealry love it - it didn't stike me as an enjoyable song to dance to. I couldn't 'feel' anything to it which is a problem if I want to really enjoy a dance.

Bit like Adam was saying about Tango in Harlem. I love it even tough it has utterly depressing lyrics - it just has a terrific feel to it just as Vem Vet has IMHO

Anyway, Fran tried to start her first thread yesterday when we got back but I can't find it anywhere. Had a superb weekend and feel I learned so much but glad I didn't join the beach party as I just had enough stamina for the Sunday workshop. Can't wait to see the classes this week for all these UCAP moves............ and of course women deciding on the breaks

Sal
    You men are not going to know what has hit you!

B.T.C.
    Originally posted by Sal
    You men are not going to know what has hit you!

or even what's stopped us !!!

Re: Re: Aberdeen revisited!

Originally posted by Bill

Anyway, Fran tried to start her first thread yesterday when we got back but I can't find it anywhere.

It worked its on the "lets talkabout dance section" and ditto about all that has been said regarding the weekend. Mind you I am really sore to day my back and legs - very stiff, must be out of shape worth it though looking forward to the next one.

fran

Thread Information