Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Celeb BB 2006

Re: Celeb BB 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet
    I wasn't going to watch this, but once I heard that Michael Barrymore was in it then I just had to. I really like him and hope that he does end up on telly again. I think he's a natural entertainer and I for one miss seeing him on our screens...........
    Piglet really.... he is IMO the saddest person there .... did you see his pathetic attempt last night in trying to appeal to us by crying ...... come on ...... would like to write what I really feel, but this is an open forum and you never know who is reading... would hate to be sued

I have only seen 'snipets' - it is truly dreadful............ what dribble are they putting on the TV these days.... wouldn't even be surprised if Michael Barrymoore has a Fitness Video ready to release when he gets out too

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Have to confess I've developed a sort of fascination for Jodie Marsh's nose. When she's on-screen I follow it like a dog's eyes follow a chocolate drop.

What is that on the end? Some sort of helicopter landing pad?

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M
    wouldn't even be surprised if Michael Barrymoore has a Fitness Video ready to release when he gets out too
    Aqua Aerobics?

Hmmmm, stripping wallpaper or watching BB........stripping wallpaper seems the better option to me!

I don't watch it and never will, but I read in the Times that Michael Barrymore seems to be acting a little weird - well get away! He is possibly the reason that a lot of people will start watching this series - morbid fascination I suppose!

Elaine

Commercial Operator Swinging bee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames
    OK, I know, I've been resisting, but someone's going to talk about it....

1. Traci Bingham: Baywatch "star"
    2. George Galloway -
    3. Jodie Marsh - glamour model
    4. Dennis Rodman- ex-basketball star
    5. Faria Alam - shagged FA guys
    6. Michael Barrymore - ex-TV presenter
    7. Rula Lenska - actress
    8. Preston - Lead singer in The Ordinary Boys.
    9. Maggot - Rapper from the Goldie Lookin' Chain.
    10. Pete Burns - Lead singer from 80s band Dead Or Alive.
    11. Chantelle - fake celeb (now there's a contradiction in terms )

In other words, what a bunch of total saddos...

To be honest I would rather lick dog pee from a thistle than watch this load of B......s

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineB
    Hmmmm, stripping wallpaper or watching BB........stripping wallpaper seems the better option to me!
    I tuned into this for 5 minutes on E4 (by accident, I forgot that all the "4"s have wall-to-wall coverage of this major medjahh event) last night - it was weird, all it had was people, well, sleeping.

And they broadcast this stuff.

And people watch it. Footage of people sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineB
    I read in the Times that Michael Barrymore seems to be acting a little weird - well get away! He is possibly the reason that a lot of people will start watching this series - morbid fascination I suppose!
    It's tempting to start a poll - "Who's the weirdest Michael: Barrymore or Jackson?"...

Oh my God....is this what entertainment on the tv has come to? I am so glad that I avoid watching television... apart from not recognising hardly any of these 'celebrities', I would much rather be out dancing or amusing myself in some other way, anything.... even cleaning the toilet has more appeal...

It's tempting to start a poll - "Who's the weirdest Michael: Barrymore or Jackson?"...
    Oh dear... I hope you dont mean me ...

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jacksondonut
    Oh my God....is this what entertainment on the tv has come to?
    Actually, no - I personally think reality TV is on its way out, at least in the "torturing members of the public" sense. Look at the abysmal failure of Space Cadets, and the falling ratings of "normal" (!) Big Brother.

There's definitely a lot of mileage in seeing celebrities do things - either benignly as with SCD, or malignly as with "I'm a celeb" or this one.

But broadcasting footage of people sleeping, what's all that about then? Channel 4 are the new Channel 5. In fact, Channel 5 programmes are much more watchable now than C4 I reckon.

British TV quality in general I think is picking up a bit, perhaps driven by the Beeb's re-invigorated programming. I was reading about this in a paper a day or two ago, and SCD and Dr Who seem to have reminded the BBC that they're quite good at doing this sort of thing. So 2006 could be a better TV year, let's hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M
    he is IMO the saddest person there
    Sad as in the emotion sad!
    I would be too if the British press had hounded me like they have hounded him. I probably went through a phase of not thinking much of him either because of the press, but when I think about if it were me in his boots then I have every sympathy. We are all capable of doing silly things in moments of weakness/stupidity. Should we be persecuted for this though?
    And in my defence I don't do drugs nor drink to excess (nor oblivion) and I don't do sex with anyone and everyone - but everyone at his party was an adult from my understanding and adults make their own choices.

Sorry but none of this 'Celebrity' cr4p interests me at all. I can't abide shows like the jungle thing or big brother thing hence I don't watch them. I would rather watch paint dry or be stuck in a hospital bed

Quote Originally Posted by wittybird
    Sorry but none of this 'Celebrity' cr4p interests me at all. I can't abide shows like the jungle thing or big brother thing hence I don't watch them. I would rather watch paint dry or be stuck in a hospital bed
    R U posting from hospital? How are you feeling?

I was listening to the radio this morning and heard that the Americans are about to plumb new depths in reality shows!!!
    Their newest show is the feature the Jackson family - is this a desperate attempt by Michael Jackson and co to connect with the outside world ?
    I for one will NOT be watching it- but I wonder how many others with a sick fascination, will?

Heather,
    xx

Quote Originally Posted by Heather
    I was listening to the radio this morning and heard that the Americans are about to plumb new depths in reality shows!!!
    Their newest show is the feature the Jackson family - is this a desperate attempt by Michael Jackson and co to connect with the outside world ?
    I for one will NOT be watching it- but I wonder how many others with a sick fascination, will?

Heather,
    xx
    It might be interesting to see whether 'Janet' and 'Michael' ever appeared in the same scene together...

Actually, no - I personally think reality TV is on its way out, at least in the "torturing members of the public" sense. Look at the abysmal failure of Space Cadets, and the falling ratings of "normal" (!) Big Brother.
    People were bound to get fed up with it eventually. In terms of entertainment, it was the novelty factor that got most people watching, but its lost that now and has to get increasingly extreme eg Space Cadets, to try and retain that.
    There's definitely a lot of mileage in seeing celebrities do things - either benignly as with SCD, or malignly as with "I'm a celeb" or this one.
    Or the 'Soapstar Superstars' singing competition on at the moment and the forthcoming Dancing on Ice. (I still think the BB format is tired and overdone, celebs or not.)

Thread Information