Thread: cheap pc

cheap pc

If you know anyone looking for a decent price pc this looks like a good deal. no bells or whistles but fine for standard home use.

http://www.sdit.co.uk/products/product.asp?pid=137

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: cheap pc

Originally posted by PeterL
    If you know anyone looking for a decent price pc this looks like a good deal. no bells or whistles but fine for standard home use.

200 quid isnt bad at all - i think it probably scares off a lot of folk when they read the 'linux server' bit though. Any prospective buyers of a new pc ..... you'll get more use out of this machine BECAUSE it runs linux (especially Red Hat) - trust me .

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: cheap pc

If you know anyone looking for a decent price pc this looks like a good deal. no bells or whistles but fine for standard home use
    hehe
    More blatant advertising... I am not sure what to do with (non dance related) adverts, on one hand, the odd one won't harm, but regular advertising could be construed as spam!

I'll take your thoughts, but if there is interest, I could create a new area on the Forum: The Marketplace where anything could advertised / seeked.

While on this topic, I will also probably open another area: The Playroom, where jokes, quizzes, and other games would find a home.

Franck.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    its dance related if its used for this forum id hope no one would spam this forum with adverts even if there was a specific area - the occasional thing is alright though as long as its from individual users, but its when people come on to ONLY advertise stuff that it becomes MORE ANNOYING THEN WRITING IN ALL UPPER CASE

Sorry wasn't meant as a spam.

I just thought it was a good deal.
    I have no personal interest in the company.
    never even heard of them before.

Blog Entries
    Sorry wasn't meant as a spam.
    I did not mean to imply it was spam...
    As far as I know we have only had one Spammer register once, though most of you won't have noticed as I had got rid of him and his 20+ posts in about 5 minutes

My comment, was more a request for feedback wrt the creation of a market place area... ie would it add to the benefits the forum provides... Spam would still be cancelled by me anyway, but there might be a case for all Forum members being able to advertise stuff they have for sale, or even for good deals they have noticed online or in local shops!

Again, no need to apologize, I just hi-jacked your thread to get feedback.

Franck.

P.S. I admit it, I only hinted at spam, because you were advertising a 'vulgar' pc... If you had been mentioning the latest imacs (Apple imacs ) you would not have heard a word of complaint from me

Originally posted by Franck
    My comment, was more a request for feedback wrt the creation of a market place area... ie would it add to the benefits the forum provides... Spam would still be cancelled by me anyway, but there might be a case for all Forum members being able to advertise stuff they have for sale, or even for good deals they have noticed online or in local shops!
    I think this would be a great idea, though my only worry would be if someone sold something through the site and the customer was unhappy. We don't want people being disgruntled through purchases made through the forum.
    Mind you I reckon anyone who uses the forum would make sure anything they advertised through it was of decent standard for the sake of there reputation in the dance community.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    I think this would be a great idea, though my only worry would be
    peter: you worry too much ill buy you a good stiff drink next Edinburgh party night

Blog Entries
    I think this would be a great idea, though my only worry would be if someone sold something through the site and the customer was unhappy. We don't want people being disgruntled through purchases made through the forum.
    Mind you I reckon anyone who uses the forum would make sure anything they advertised through it was of decent standard for the sake of there reputation in the dance community.
    Fantastic concept, I can see it already...
    Originally posted by A. Gullible
    Gus, the orange trousers you sold me 'as new' were clearly pre-worn!!! You also mentioned they would turn me into (your words): 'a babe magnet ' but this has clearly not been the case. I demand my money back (all 50 pence of it)
    I probably add have to add some disclaimer along the lines of Ceroc Scotland do not endorse or guarantee the quality of information / goods offered on this forum. Caveat emptor / Buyer beware.

Franck.

Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
    peter: you worry too much ill buy you a good stiff drink next Edinburgh party night

look forward to it, though I haven't figured out who you are yet.

look forward to it, though I haven't figured out who you are yet.
    Well, that's saved DS a bit of money, then!

I think Franck's idea of a "Member's Marketplace" section is sound - as long as it is confined to the members selling off their own personal stuff. Anything more (ie proper commercial sales) would not be in keeping with the ethos of the Forum (IMHO).

Thread Information