Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sparkly new shoes for Xmas

Sparkly new shoes for Xmas

Inspired by Rachel's gorgeous new shoes . I thought it would fun to do some long distance shoe sharing.

I know we often have a big shoe-in at SP....Don't we Lynn, Miss Conduct, Senorita?

All four of us had heavenly dance shoes making their debut at the same moment, very amusing, luckily they were all totally different from each other.

How about posting a picture here of your new party shoes, or perhaps the shoes you'd really like?

Are you watching Santa?

Here are mine from Heavenly as usual. They're called Star, utterly comfortable. Well, they are for me....

Over to you Lynn

ZW
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Sparkly new shoes for Xmas

Women

TiggsTours

These are mine, which I bought on www.ballroomshoesdirect.com, which are due to be delivered to me later this week.

P.S. Like yours, ZW, very sexy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F
    Women

Men

We know you're just jealous Paul

ZW

So as this thread is not deemed be restricting the numbers of people who have access to it ie. sex discrimination I thought I would contribute

pint.jpg

So as this thread is not deemed be restricting the numbers of people who have access to it ie. sex discrimination I thought I would contribute

Won't your feet get very wet? Seems to have a fairly low heel, not sure about the colour (what's it going to go with?) but like the transparency. Where's the second one?

pint.jpg
    Yeah I'd like to see you wearing a pair of those.

We're not sexist here at all, in fact I know a male forumite who is very pleased with his sparkly shoes. (Not Andy McG either)

You can post your shoes here too Paul. Go on, be our guest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra Woman
    Inspired by Rachel's gorgeous new shoes . I thought it would fun to do some long distance shoe sharing.

I know we often have a big shoe-in at SP....Don't we Lynn, Miss Conduct, Senorita?

All four of us had heavenly dance shoes making their debut at the same moment, very amusing, luckily they were all totally different from each other.

How about posting a picture here of your new party shoes, or perhaps the shoes you'd really like?

Are you watching Santa?

Here are mine from Heavenly as usual. They're called Star, utterly comfortable. Well, they are for me....

Over to you Lynn

ZW
    Your feet looked simply stunning with these on!

Shhh ....but I brought a gorgeous pair of brand new made to measure dance shoes on ebay for £15...yes £15!!! dont tell anyone

Yeah I'd like to see you wearing a pair of those.

We're not sexist here at all, in fact I know a male forumite who is very pleased with his sparkly shoes. (Not Andy McG either)

You can post your shoes here too Paul. Go on, be our guest.

Oh, go on then.

freedshoe.jpg

I am saving up so I can buy the other one

Seriously, I really like them. They are the Freed competition latin shoe. Not quite as sparkly as ladies shoes but they do force my weight forward and help me train my feet for multiple spins.
    Took a bit of getting used to when I first started to wear them some years back for my latin comps but after a while you learn not to rock onto your heels too much I have nearly been brought to grief on some slippery floors

Quote Originally Posted by TiggsTours
    These are mine, which I bought on www.ballroomshoesdirect.com, which are due to be delivered to me later this week.
    Lovely shoes, TT!

I'm after something similar, but prefer closed toe....... Had my toes kicked too many times to want to wear open toed shoes.......... Want something either sparkly silver or sparkly black, closed toe, moderate heel.... I'm no good in slim, high ballroom heels.... Maybe I just have to save up and order a pair from Heavenly Danceshoes........

Quote Originally Posted by Little Monkey
    Lovely shoes, TT!

I'm after something similar, but prefer closed toe....... Had my toes kicked too many times to want to wear open toed shoes.......... Want something either sparkly silver or sparkly black, closed toe, moderate heel.... I'm no good in slim, high ballroom heels.... Maybe I just have to save up and order a pair from Heavenly Danceshoes........
    Im off to Heavenly Shoes on the 10th December.. anyone up for the trip??

Quote Originally Posted by senorita
    Your feet looked simply stunning with these on!

Shhh ....but I brought a gorgeous pair of brand new made to measure dance shoes on ebay for £15...yes £15!!! dont tell anyone
    would like to show you them but not sure how to display the image...
    can someone be so kind to explain plz??

Well my parents are buying me some dancing shoes for Xmas . Well at least the would have been if it was possible to get size 12s in stock for any of the shoes I wanted.

I'd like

or maybe

but apparently they'd need to get a guy from Bleyer to swim from the continent to bring me those shoes so they'd probably not arrive in time . There are a few other pairs I'd like. Including that fine Black and Red version of the Boogie Woogie; where the guy would have to make it and then swim from the continent.

Quote Originally Posted by killingtime
    Well my parents are buying me some dancing shoes for Xmas . Well at least the would have been if it was possible to get size 12s in stock for any of the shoes I wanted.

I'd like

or maybe

but apparently they'd need to get a guy from Bleyer to swim from the continent to bring me those shoes so they'd probably not arrive in time . There are a few other pairs I'd like. Including that fine Black and Red version of the Boogie Woogie; where the guy would have to make it and then swim from the continent.
    Nice shoes KT...

Size 12 eh?

I was counting the minutes before a man joined this thread and shoe size was mentioned.

Although I have to say I was expecting a woman to bring that subject up....

ZW

Quote Originally Posted by killingtime
    Am I the only one wondering why they are going to swim considering the couple of boats they will be transporting

Nice shoes KT...

Size 12 eh?

I was counting the minutes before a man joined this thread and shoe size was mentioned.

Although I have to say I was expecting a woman to bring that subject up....
    I was merely stating that dance shoes are tricky to get in larger sizes. I'm not quite sure what you are talking about .

I thought the shoes were nice (that's why I wanted them). I especially like the shiny ones. I'm pretty sure I'd make a good magpie.

Firstly let me say thank you for such a wonderful thread. I had been thinking about developing a dance shoe fetish and the first picture has given me a good start on what I hope will become and interesting and fulfilling hobby.

Well that is the humour over.

Killingtime - a fellow size 12 shoe wearer. Do the rest of you know how darn hard it is for us to find shoes, boots, cycling shoes, ski boots etc to fit us big footed guys? For decades I had to wear running shoes (admittedly that was my hobby at the time) just because they were one of the few shoes I could buy in a large size.

Killingtime - Try this guy.

http://www.johnsonshoes.com

He has a wide range of styles and essentially will make any of his styles of shoes for you, in any size, with any colour that he has, with any sole in any combination that you choose, for £84.

Admittedly his shoes can sometimes take a very long time to arrive.

I was walking past his stall at camber in my chefs trousers a number of years ago and he accosted me with the words "boy, can I make a pair of shoes for you". He took a paper outline of the shape of my feet and a cheque and (ok it was 5 months later) my shoes arrived. After a little breaking in they have been fantastic ever since. I have just ordered another pair. I just hope they don't take as long to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by KatieR
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
    I'll be back in Scotland then................. Besides, I need some money before I can buy any shoes......

Quote Originally Posted by KatieR

forgive my total ignorance, where's heavenly?
    I want the:
    "ANNA Latin Sandal Tan" from that web site (can't work out how to paste the picture), but I worry about not trying on!!!

I'll join you for the shopping trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Ballroom queen
    forgive my total ignorance, where's heavenly?
    I want the:
    "ANNA Latin Sandal Tan" from that web site (can't work out how to paste the picture), but I worry about not trying on!!!

I'll join you for the shopping trip!
    Couldn't see any shoes called 'ANNA', are you sure they are Heavenly Dance Shoes BQ?

This is their website

The shop is tiny but like an aladdin's cave and quite hard to find without a map, but extremely easy to get to by train:

5 Station Approach South Oxhey Watford Herts. WD19 7DT
    (Outside Carpenders Park Station - British Rail)

Be careful about the opening hours, they aren't always what you'd expect.

I would phone 0208 428 2066 and check first if you think you might be on the edge of their opening hours.

Take a tissue, you will be drooling

ZW

Thread Information