Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Women over 30

Women over 30

Just had this emailed to me and thought I would share it as it made me
    How true though

Here is a piece written by Andy Rooney - CBS 60 Minutes.

As I grow in age, I value women who are over 30 most of all. Here are just a few reasons why:

A woman over 30 will not lay next to you in bed and ask, "What are you thinking?" She doesn't care what you think.

If a woman over 30 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, it's usually something more interesting.

A woman over 30 knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of 30 give a damn what you might think about her or what she's doing.

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get
    away with it.

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it's like to be unappreciated.

A woman over 30 has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn't trust the guy with other women. Women over 30 couldn't care less if you're attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won't betray her.

Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 30. They always know.

A woman over 30 looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not true of younger women or drag queens.

Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 30 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.

Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk or if you are acting like one! You don't ever have to wonder where your stand with her.

Yes, we praise women over 30 for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed hot woman of 30+, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of
    himself with some 22-year-old waitress.

Ladies, I apologize. For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free."

Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why?
    Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire pig, just to get a little sausage.

Re: Women over 30

Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get
    away with it.
    too true

This is brilliant!! Thanks for posting this. I'm printing out a copy to pin up in my staffroom to share with all the other 'over thirties' !!!!
    Unfortunately, most men still go for the twenty something, long haired stick insect types !!!

Heather,
    xx

B.T.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather
    Unfortunately, most men still go for the twenty something, long haired stick insect types !!!

Heather,
    xx
    Not sure that's strictly true Heather. I'm pretty sure most men prefer women with a more 'womanly' figure and judging from the report this week it sems that almost half the female population have rectangular figures these days.

Maybe the fact that many young girls are very thin means that many young men think that is the norm!?? Nothing against women who are thin but aren't women meant to have curves????

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Nothing against women who are thin but aren't women meant to have curves????
    I have to agree with that. But don't we all want to be thin I know I do!
    Recently I saw a very pretty female dancing but she looked ill and as though she was about to snap, she didn't look well at all. Now even I dont want to be that thin.

Quote Originally Posted by wittybird

Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why?
    Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire pig, just to get a little sausage.

My favouritest dance partners tend to be (well) over 30. Not sure why, our styles just seem to click more than with younger girls.

Nothing against women who are thin but aren't women meant to have curves????
    Woo-hooo!

A Curvy Little Monkey

I'm pretty sure most men prefer women with a more 'womanly' figure
    There's been research and stuff. It turns out that the ideal female body shape, as perceived by women, is thinner than the ideal female body shape, as perceived by men. Here's one paper, by way of example.
    http://www.prevos.net/ola/body_image.pdf

One hypothesis is that women are mislead about what men find attractive by the media. Thus, as they starve themselves to death in an attempt to look more attractive to potential mates, their efforts are tragically counter-productive. Another hypothesis is that women's ideal body image is determined largely by their desire to look attractive to other women, rather than to men.

...stuff
    Am I the only woman under 30 who wanted to hide under the desk for the next 9 years after reading that?

It's not how old you are that gives you those characteristics, it's how you view yourself - I know plenty of 20-somethings that fit that description better than plenty of 30-, 40-, or even 50-somethings I know. Women of any age can be as attractive/sexy as they believe they are, as dependent or independent as they want to be, and as dignified, self-assured, generous, honest and intuitive (if not psychic) as their natural personality and previous experience allow. Some girls are bullied young and take time to allow their true confidence to come back, others are treated badly during their 20s, 30s or later so lose confidence as they get older - it's impossible to generalise about what those personalities and experiences are for everyone. Biased generalisation like this is seriously counterproductive, both for any women over 30 who feel they haven't reached those dizzy heights of attitude perfection, and for younger women who feel like we're being told 'You can't be this until you turn 30'.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinHarper
    One hypothesis is that women are mislead about what men find attractive by the media. Thus, as they starve themselves to death in an attempt to look more attractive to potential mates, their efforts are tragically counter-productive.
    This may be true, but I do find it a little hard to believe- guys dont really go for the stick insect, but actually like a few curves.. I dont see anyone beating my door down...

I look around me and all the married women and ladies in relationships are all the pretty, tall, thin, attractive women while those of us less well endowed struggle to just find a guy that doesnt have psychopathic tendencies (my opinion anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by KatieR
    struggle to just find a guy that doesnt have psychopathic tendencies
    true they don't exist

Meglio del Cioccolato Demo

true they don't exist
    And I'd bet you believe every woman is free of psychopathic tendencies...

Quote Originally Posted by azande
    And I'd bet you believe every woman is free of psychopathic tendencies...
    nope not at all I have a few myself *evil laugh*

Commercial Operator

So, if I understand this thread correctly:

All men who don't date/marry good looking thin women have psychopathic tendencies.

Women:
    Over 30 good
    Under 30 bad.
    One caveat: great t!ts.

Anything I've missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceroc Jock
    So, if I understand this thread correctly:
    All men who don't date/marry good looking thin women have psychopathic tendencies.
    :
    Its not set in stone.. im sure there are some lovely single men out there, who's psychopathic tendencies are minimal, but I can guarantee that they wont be interested in me. I mean, Im fast approaching my mid 30s, and the closest ive come to marriage was a violent, self absorbed, sociopathic bully that cant make up his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by KatieR
    Its not set in stone.. im sure there are some lovely single men out there, who's psychopathic tendencies are minimal, but I can guarantee that they wont be interested in me. I mean, Im fast approaching my mid 30s, and the closest ive come to marriage was a violent, self absorbed, sociopathic bully that cant make up his mind.

I did i called it off

Blog Entries

Women:
    Over 30 good
    Under 30 bad.
    One caveat: great t!ts.

Anything I've missed?
    they don't even have to be that great, "well presented" counts for a lot.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Chicklet
    they don't even have to be that great, "well presented" counts for a lot.
    Is that different from oft presented?!?

Blog Entries

Is that different from oft presented?!?
    In the flesh it is..

Thread Information