Thread: Senior Moments

Talking Senior Moments

Just got this in an e-mail: might explain a few things:

They have finally found a diagnosis for my condition. I have recently been diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder...

This is how it goes: I decide to wash the car; I start toward the
    garage and notice the mail on the table. OK, I'm going to wash the car.
    But first I'm going to go through the mail. I lay the car keys down on the desk, discard the junk mail and I notice the trash can is full.
    O.K., I'll just put the bills on my desk and take the trash can out,
    but since I'm going to be near the mailbox anyway, I'll pay these few bills first.
    Now, where is my checkbook? OOPS, there's only one check left. My extra checks are in my desk. Oh, there's the coke I was drinking. I'm going to look for those checks. But first I need to put my coke further away from the computer, or maybe I'll pop it into the fridge to keep it cold for a while.
    I head towards the kitchen and the vase of flowers catch my eye, they need some water. I set the coke on the counter and uh oh! There are my glasses. I was looking for them all morning! I'd better put them away first.I fill a container with water and head for the flower pots
    -Aaaaaagh! Someone left the TV remote! in the kitchen. We will never think to look in the kitchen tonight when we want to watch television so I'd better put it back in the family room where it belongs.
    I splash some water in to the vase and onto the floor. I throw the remote onto a soft cushion on the sofa and I head back down the hall trying to figure out what it was I was going to do.

End of Day: The car isn't washed, the bills are unpaid, the coke is sitting on the kitchen counter, the flowers are half watered, the checkbook still only has one check in it and I can't seem to find my car keys!

When I try to figure out how come nothing got done today, I'm baffled because I KNOW I WAS BUSY ALL DAY LONG!!!! I realize this is a serious condition and I'll get help, BUT FIRST I think I'll check my email.....

That's why the first rule of time management is to handle a piece of paper only once - if you don't intend to pay the bill right that moment, don't open the letter and then leave it lying on your desk. Try it - it works!

Holly

The Oracle
    At least you got your priorities right. The TV Remote is now sitting on a soft cushion on the sofa - exactly where it should be.

David

Thread Information