Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3 Wheeler car

Re: 3 Wheeler car

I like Chef's and philsmove's ideas - but I agree with DJ (bloody hell, that's twice in one day ) - your neighbours sound like nutters, so being awkward won't solve matters in the long term really.

I still think your best bet is to offer to 'spot' for her while she reverses out of the bus-size space that's been left for her - to prove to her that it can be done. Then the next time she knocks on the door you can point out that she reversed out last time, she can do it again.

Alternatively, pay off one of the local bad boys to torch her car so she buys something sensible with four wheels.

Measuring up patio to see if neighbour will fit under it

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard
    You don't mention what make this is. Most peoples first thought would be Reliant Robbin, the subject of much derision, and maybe why you describe it as awful.

But there are a few enthusiasts machines which can be very desirable, if not practical, which are powered by motorcycle engines. They may also have a motorcycle gearbox and thus be without a reverse gear. One such is/was the Triking, and certainly early models had no reverse gear. Naturally owners of such a machine would have take particular care when parking.

If your neighbour has one of these she deserves some 'respect'.
    It is ta Robin Reliant we are talking about G reg so not as old as my D reg cavalier, and it does have a reverse gear and a accelorator as she sits and revs it for an hour before going out no respect needed in this case as i hate that car as it causes me alot of hassle and more

If ever the situation becomes intolerable and your desire to revenge overcomes you then don't do the sugar in the fuel tank thing. There won't be any doubt it would be deliberate and I think you would be the obvious suspect.

Try this instead. It will only work if the fuel tank or fuel line is lower than the carburettor.

Disconnect the fuel line from the carbarettor. Put a ball bearing down the fuel line (just slightly smaller than the fuel line) reconnect the fuel line. That's it.

The effect is that the vehicle will start and idle like normal. The brakes and steering and everything else will work as normal. Once the engine is running the fuel flow in the line will increase until it drives the ball bearing along the line and stops the fuel getting into the carbrettor. Very shortly after this the engine will stop. The ball bearing will run backwards down the fuel line allowing the carbrettor to fill again. After a few minutes the engine will start again. This process will repeat itself until they find out what is wrong.

They will probably fix an awful lot of things that were never wrong in the first place. The driver of the vehichle will probably find it frustrating having a vehicle that cuts out if it goes over about 35mph.

If they do take the fuel line off the the ball bearing will fall on the floor and be lost on the garage floor. They will be none the wiser. All they will know is that something they did has fixed the problem.

Even if you never did it to her three wheeler it is quite good thinking that you could.

Where is Rythm King when one needs an evil laugh?

*makes mental note NEVER to annoy Chef*

I think you might be looking for something along the lines of Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha, but I'm still learning...

Quote Originally Posted by LMC

Alternatively, pay off one of the local bad boys to torch her car so she buys something sensible with four wheels.

That was just what i was talking about earlier

As for the bruiser guy i did that once and he got into a full blown arguement in the street. Why be like that? they never talk to me as they reckon im selfish like NOT!!! the daughter says i should give her a hand when she is gardening as she is older than me the list goes on.

I have thought about putting conkers up the exhaust pipe to blow the manafold. Im a nice girl really maybe i should start paking there myself just to p*ss her off and put a sign on my window screen "don't park in front of this vehicle"

Quote Originally Posted by Chef

Try this instead. It will only work if the fuel tank or fuel line is lower than the carburettor.

Disconnect the fuel line from the carbarettor. Put a ball bearing down the fuel line (just slightly smaller than the fuel line) reconnect the fuel line. That's it.

The effect is that the vehicle will start and idle like normal. The brakes and steering and everything else will work as normal. Once the engine is running the fuel flow in the line will increase until it drives the ball bearing along the line and stops the fuel getting into the carbrettor. Very shortly after this the engine will stop. The ball bearing will run backwards down the fuel line allowing the carbrettor to fill again. After a few minutes the engine will start again. This process will repeat itself until they find out what is wrong.

Where is Rythm King when one needs an evil laugh?
    But would i not need to go under the bonnet for that? think i may well get spotted

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    I have my own drive way at the side of my house but out the front where she parks is a path, i was told by the police that as its a single track road she can park there infact i can park outside her house or anyones unless im obstructing there drive etc but she still comes knocking.. it really pi&&ing me off now as it's so not necessary

Am I being thick, and what do the police know re legal ??

ok you have a drive way and she does ? Does this path way lead to both of your houses ?? I assume it doesnt run past them both ??

A single track road (Ie cars drive up and down on it and under the Road Traffic act you would say it constitutes a road ?) Ie its not a public pathway there is no easement or restrictions/comments made in you deeds about it

I like legal stuff but sorry cant get a picture of the lay out

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38
    Am I being thick, and what do the police know re legal ??

ok you have a drive way and she does ? Does this path way lead to both of your houses ?? I assume it doesnt run past them both ??

A single track road (Ie cars drive up and down on it and under the Road Traffic act you would say it constitutes a road ?) Ie its not a public pathway there is no easement or restrictions/comments made in you deeds about it

I like legal stuff but sorry cant get a picture of the lay out
    I have a drive she don't. There is a path either side of the road that is a single track that leads to a dead end.

Maybe i should post a pic so you can see for yourself what the problem is.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LMC
    *makes mental note NEVER to annoy Chef*
    No kidding

I have a drive she don't. There is a path either side of the road that is a single track that leads to a dead end.

Maybe i should post a pic so you can see for yourself what the problem is.

Sorry I havent a clue now

assume you have drive to you left (right/ left doesnt matter) you can park a car or two cars on it ? behind each other

you have a road that runs in front of your and her house ,as you look from your house it runs from left to right and cars go by ??

However there is a 'path' on either side of road that leads to a dead end ???

so i assume the road is a dead end

is this cul de sac ???

picture please or am i the only one who hast got it

Sorry I havent a clue now

assume you have drive to you left (right/ left doesnt matter) you can park a car or two cars on it ? behind each other

you have a road that runs in front of your and her house ,as you look from your house it runs from left to right and cars go by ??

However there is a 'path' on either side of road that leads to a dead end ???

so i assume the road is a dead end

is this cul de sac ???

picture please or am i the only one who hast got it
    Right this is the only pic i have of my house til tomorrow as its too dark outside to take one lets hope it helps??

You can only just see the said path though
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dee just reading this is getting me annoyed! I can just picture man woman sitting there reving the bloody whistle car up.

Come on its firework night! Lets get some of your local hoodies round to tip and torch it. You are far too nice! If it werent a 3 wheeler i would hotwire and steal it myself. But the thought of being caught driving such a heap would be awful. Anyone got a van to tow it away?

Quote Originally Posted by Chef
    They will probably fix an awful lot of things that were never wrong in the first place. The driver of the vehichle will probably find it frustrating having a vehicle that cuts out if it goes over about 35mph.
    Sorry Chef, I don't think that EXCELLENT idea will wok in this case, especially if the vehicle has to go over 35 mph

I really LOVE the idea tho.......HHHmmmmmmm..... "THINKS"...........HHHHHmmmmm, now who do I know needs this treatment
    Anyway Dee, I think you will have to try the following............

Phone the Robin appreciation society and tell them there is a very desireable good condition G reg for sale at ......... address.... but it only there at w/e's and they have to knock on the door for more info.

You then wait for the queue to form and knock on HER door and ask HER to move as its blocking the path, and all the other robins are blocking the road.

With any luck one of them might make her an offer, and the problem is gone.

Alternatively treat her to a new car yourself, one that she can park on the road and leave the path clear.

OR you could put a notice in your back window "I HATE RELIANT ROBINS"

OR you could park of the path as the Police told you you could, before she gets there at the w/e, or get soembody else to, in a RR, a bright yellow one with black writing on the sides.

Good luck

Right this is the only pic i have of my house til tomorrow as its too dark outside to take one lets hope it helps??

You can only just see the said path though
    Nope !!

you have a house with a path way ,couldnt get a car down there or does it knock the hedge down ?

me thinks you go out tomorrow in the rain and take 7 or 8 pics so we get a clearer idea ? Get a helicopter to and take an Ariel shot (not surf it will look to wishy washy and doesnt work)

On a serious point am i the only person who cant picture this , if i am

go put a banana in her exhaust pipe

{ In gruff man voice }

I have a 3 Wheeler

Does anyone want to date this man woman as i can always tell you where she lives nice car in the colour of fawn

The funniest thing is, on the back she also has a sticker saying "short vehicle" and "Dog on board"

Place a for sale ad in local paper

Quoting:

Car for sale myrobin.jpg

Price: Any reasonable offers

Reason for sale: Protection!

Summary
    This car may appear small but the eye can deceive us as once inside you feel like your driving a bus

Alternatively- every time she comes knocking at your door ignore her ,then if she insists call the police they will have to deal with it the more you call... and will prob only end up charging her with breech of the peace but you could push for harassment she'll get fed up before you do by the sounds of it babe.....(I'd still let the tyres down just to annoy her inthe mean time though )

Quote Originally Posted by Missy D
    Anyone got a van to tow it away?
    Personally I like the Skip idea, but not sure what it would be for ?

Would you hire a skip to be in front of your house ?
    Or to have it placed in her parking spot so she cant park ?

Or better still..........

Was the skip to put the damn thing in

Nope !!

you have a house with a path way ,couldnt get a car down there or does it knock the hedge down ?

me thinks you go out tomorrow in the rain and take 7 or 8 pics so we get a clearer idea ? Get a helicopter to and take an Ariel shot (not surf it will look to wishy washy and doesnt work)

On a serious point am i the only person who cant picture this , if i am

go put a banana in her exhaust pipe
    I think i know what it is Steward38, you just want me to invite you over here so you can park your car outside and have her knock on the door. I know your game anything to get hold of "The man Woman" but she is a virgin

Cheeks i never thought of that, that is such a great idea lets hope no one catches me lowering myself to take a pic of the heap of s**t

but she is a virgin
    Vergin on the edge of insanity if you ask me.

My brother-in-law once drove into the back of one of those things at a set of traffic lights. The body shell popped open, straight down the middle "like popping a pea pod" is how he described it, leaving the old couple just sitting on a chassis.

The picture it gives in my mind always brings a smile to my face

Does that give you any more ideas ?

Thread Information