Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3 Wheeler car

Measuring up patio to see if neighbour will fit under it

3 Wheeler car

Right i am so bl**dy annoyed with my neighbours daughter Rant! Rant! and more Rant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She has this awful 3 wheeler car and comes to visit her mother (my neighbour) every friday and goes home on a sunday night. We have a path outside our houses which she parks on but dare anyone park outside my house and she will come banging on my door as she thinks she can't get out as she has a "3 wheeler" and can't get off the path. She has enough room for a bus and im not even joking here.

My sister and the odd friend that comes to visit dreads it as you can guarantee she will come over banging on my door she has even stuck a notice now in the back of the car with the picture of the car saying "Don't park behind this vehicle" just thinking of it is making me cross....

Can anyone suggest what i can do? as after all i have to live here, i have had soooo many rows over this with her i'm just getting fed up that no one can visit without her having a go at them she has the week off and is going to be here til sunday and more

HELP

Re: 3 Wheeler car

Presume by path you mean driveway?

If so, tell her to park on the road and you'll park on the drive.

If it's an actual path, she shouldn't be parked on it surely?

If she won't, try offering to see her out, to prove she *can* get out - if she's disturbing you anyway, this might at least help for next time.

tell her you always knew that clowns drove 3 wheelers
    also ask her how many coupons from kelloggs she had to collect before she was sent her licence

hope she doesnt drive on the same roads as me

I have my own drive way at the side of my house but out the front where she parks is a path, i was told by the police that as its a single track road she can park there infact i can park outside her house or anyones unless im obstructing there drive etc but she still comes knocking.. it really pi&&ing me off now as it's so not necessary

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wittybird
    tell her you always knew that clowns drove 3 wheelers
    also ask her how many coupons from kelloggs she had to collect before she was sent her licence

I would go for this one Dee! Short of telling her to go play with the buses. Altho the least antagonistic way would be to talk to her and explain that you are legally allowed to park there. If she cant get her car out of spaces, should she really be driving? Makes me worry who they put on the roads these days!

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel

I would go for this one Dee! Short of telling her to go play with the buses. Altho the least antagonistic way would be to talk to her and explain that you are legally allowed to park there. If she cant get her car out of spaces, should she really be driving? Makes me worry who they put on the roads these days!
    Yeah i know what you mean and im not sure if im right here but i also think you can drive a 3 wheeler on a provisional licence??

Well whatever as im

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

[Wise mode = ON]
    Dee, you're clearly in the right, legally and morally.

The trouble is, you're also clearly dealing with someone who's basically either a nutter or extremely immature, or both, and there's often no reasoning with these people (you didn't say how old she was?)

The other trouble is that this is a Dispute With Neighbour, and these are always nightmares - especially if they involve parking, people tend to get very worked-up over this at times. This is how feuds start, and this can ruin your quality of life, in a place where you want to be relaxed - your home.

Basically, you've got two choices:
    - Accept this "restriction" as the price of peace, and move on with your life, at some point she'll grow up or whatever.
    - Decide you have to do something about it.

If you want to do something, one only possibility is to talk to her mother about this, and tell her how upsetting it is to you and your friends? Is your relationship with her OK?

Or possibly (less likely this) demonstrate somehow that yes, a car can fit there and still not obstruct the space. But it sounds like the 3WD Woman is not likely to listen to reason...

I would very much avoid trying anything official or legal, that'd just escalate it.
    [Wise mode = OFF]

Or you could just not answer the door, or invite a hulking bruiser to stay and let him answer the next time, see if that works..

Hire a skip

Wait until she parks her car.

Park your car where you normally park it.

Get a train and come away to our place for 4 days and dance around all the venues around here.

If when you get home on tuesday her car is still stuck in the same place then she may have a point.

If her car is gone then obviously she has found that neccesity is the mother of invention and that she can get her car out despite all her previous moaning.

Meglio del Cioccolato Demo

Pour a bag of sugar in her fuel tank?

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    Yeah i know what you mean and im not sure if im right here but i also think you can drive a 3 wheeler on a provisional licence??

Well whatever as im
    You can drive a three wheeler on a motorbike license - otherwise usual rules with a provisional apply - need to have a qualified driver with you.

Quote Originally Posted by azande
    Pour a bag of sugar in her fuel tank?
    I'm not parking near your house again!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spindr
    Hire a skip
    You think along the same lines of my sister she said the same thing, but when i called these people i was told i have to put down a deposit before they would deliver

And as for the old lady next door she is a right old bag i have been accused of all sorts even to the extent that my cats are wild and have ripped up all her plants like, well I DONT THINK SO lady.

Reply to the lovely David james her daughter is in her early 40s she looks like a bloke dresses like a bloke and is still a virgin so she tells me well there is no supprise there what with man looks, 3 wheeler and black teeth there was me thinking i was ugly

Reply to the lovely David james her daughter is in her early 40s she looks like a bloke dresses like a bloke and is still a virgin so she tells me well there is no supprise there what with man looks, 3 wheeler and black teeth there was me thinking i was ugly

Gives us all hope doesnt it Dee!

She has this awful 3 wheeler car ......
    You don't mention what make this is. Most peoples first thought would be Reliant Robbin, the subject of much derision, and maybe why you describe it as awful.

But there are a few enthusiasts machines which can be very desirable, if not practical, which are powered by motorcycle engines. They may also have a motorcycle gearbox and thus be without a reverse gear. One such is/was the Triking, and certainly early models had no reverse gear. Naturally owners of such a machine would have take particular care when parking.

If your neighbour has one of these she deserves some 'respect'.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Reply to the lovely David james her daughter is in her early 40s
    OK, so "waiting till she grows up" isn't an option then.

Basically, it sounds like your problem is that you've got nasty neighbours - nutters, in other words.

And one of the symptoms of that problem is this car parking thing.

There's not a lot you can do about the problem, really, either do what you want and ignore her demands, or let her live her own nutty existence - but appeasement might not help with this sort of person, they may just perceive it as weakness and find something else to whinge about.

Maybe the "Big ugly bruiser opening the door" approach is the way to go, after all...

Or you could move, of course.

Still, at least 3WD Woman visits her Mum regularly, ahhh...

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard
    But there are a few enthusiasts machines which can be very desirable, if not practical, which are powered by motorcycle engines. They may also have a motorcycle gearbox and thus be without a reverse gear. One such is/was the Triking, and certainly early models had no reverse gear. Naturally owners of such a machine would have take particular care when parking.

If your neighbour has one of these she deserves some 'respect'.

This could be the case, however, she would not have a sign in the back of her car asking people not to park behind her if she did not have reverse!

she has even stuck a notice now in the back of the car with the picture of the car saying "Don't park behind this vehicle"

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel

This could be the case, however, she would not have a sign in the back of her car asking people not to park behind her if she did not have reverse!
    Well spotted Dragon Girl !! ;-)

Invite some “friends” to park outside your house’ when they are about to go away’ on a long faraway holiday; promise them’ you will run them to and pick them up from the airport

“O’ dear I think they have taken the key with them”

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard
    Well spotted Dragon Girl !! ;-)
    Stickler for the facts WB!

Dragon Girl???

Thread Information