Thread: New York ..february 15th 2007 recommended hotels/accomadation ,shopping malls,dance

New York ..february 15th 2007 recommended hotels/accomadation ,shopping malls,dance

This thread is just what it says in the title.

Mrs Par and I are going out to NewYork on 15th Feb 2007 for 5 nights.

We have previously done a 3 day weekend there for Mrs Pars 40th. So we have done the immediate tourist race around to see the Empire State building, heliocopter ride, Twin Towers, seen a Broadway show and done Maceys and Park Avenue.

So what I'm interested in this time round is:

1. any reasonably priced accomadation/hotel. I have done some searches but feel bombarded with choice. I don't know how good the star ratings work out there either.

2.Mrs par loves ...yes just loves shopping but Park Avenue and 5th Avenue are well just too expensive in the main .

Does anyone have details of areas to shop out of Manhattan.. shopping malls etc. a friend says the malls in New Jersey are cheaper cos they don't levy as much tax!!

3.Dance is there any sort of dancing in and around NY ?

4. Any sighteeeing opportunities off the beaten traack that are worth the effort?

5 finally for me! Who can recommend a scrummy restaurant or eatery that you just have to go to. (not too expensive please we do have a budget!)

6 . Any one else want to join us on our escapade flying out with the Delta airlines deal.

www.delta.com must be Gatwick must be JFK must include a Saturday before 20/03/06 £160 return including all taxes. great deal!

we leave 1100 ish 15/2/7 returning 1730 ish 20/2/07

cheers for now Under Par

Re: New York ..february 15th 2006 recommended hotels/accomadation ,shopping malls,d

Quote Originally Posted by under par View Post
    This thread is just what it says in the title.

Mrs Par and I are going out to NewYork on 15th Feb 2007 for 5 nights.
    How disappointing.

After reading the thread title I was hoping you had discovered time travel...

Re: New York ..february 15th 2006 recommended hotels/accomadation ,shopping malls,dance

If you've been to NY before I assume you've done Carnegie's for lunch? Liked it there. Don't think I'll be of much use since we just did all of the touristy stuff as well...there was a fantastic shop run by two amazingly friendly jewish guys who would just drop the price and at one point ran out to get us coffee...I just can't remember where it is. Brunch at the Waldorf is also one heck of an experience, a little expensive maybe? I vaguely remember that program hosted by Bruce Forsythe featuring swing clubs in New York that were supposed to be good....Swing 46 I think it's called. Worth a look online maybe?

xXx

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Re: New York ..february 15th 2006 recommended hotels/accomadation ,shopping malls,dance

I went to a fabulous shopping "village" in New Jersey. I think it was called Woodside Green or something similar. It was fabulous and open until 10pm I think, I nearly missed the bus back to New York, having so much fun spending so much money
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Re: New York ..february 15th 2006 recommended hotels/accomadation ,shopping malls,d

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    How disappointing.

After reading the thread title I was hoping you had discovered time travel...
    Moderator can you assist with date in the title of post. Pleeaase!

Quote Originally Posted by under par View Post
    Moderator can you assist with date in the title of post. Pleeaase!
    Well, now my post is going to be completely inexplicable. Huh.

Thread Information